Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Matt4
Qatar Airways Stopover Package (STPC)

Note : STPC has not been available since COVID started and won't probably be available before the end of the year 2022 due to the World Cup. But you can book a StopOver hotel for a discounted price with Discover Qatar (starting at $14 for 4* and $20 for 5*) until 24th October 2022 (no later, again due to the Wolrd Cup)

•Passengers with a transit time of between 8 and 24 hours are eligible for a stopover package (STPC) in Doha, offered by Qatar Airways.
•An STPC request can be made as early as 361 days in advance, but no later than 72 hours prior to departure. The STPC is either offered complimentary or bookable at a fee.
•For group bookings, different rules apply.

I. STPC free of charge
•In cases where there are no immediate connections available between 8 and 24 hours.
•No exceptions can be given (7 hrs 59 minutes = not eligible, 24 hrs 1 minute = not eligible).
•N-class and above.
•Directional ticket value above USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•Directional ticket value is the sum of the fare paid for the journey and the Fuel surcharge (as shown on your E-ticket) divided by two.

II. STPC against a fee
•When the passenger holds a ticket in booking classes below N.
•When the passenger holds a Privilege Club redemption ticket in Economy or Business Class.
•When the directional ticket value is less than USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•USD 125 fee for Economy Class passengers.
•USD 150 fee for Business Class passengers.

III. STPC is not available if the booking includes flights to or from Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH), Dubai (DWC), Dubai (DXB), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT), Ras Al Khaimah (RKT) and Sharjah (SHJ). .
•If the passenger holds a temporary passport/travel document.
•If the passenger holds separate tickets.

IV. STPC package includes
•Hotel room for the duration of the passenger’s stay (5-star hotel for Business Class passengers / 3-star hotel for Economy Class passengers). If there is a change in the Flight Schedule and the new connection time in Doha becomes less than 8 hours then the existing hotel confirmation will become invalid.
•Temporary entry visa fee to Doha, Qatar*.
•Transfer HIA - hotel - HIA.
•Meal voucher (depends on duration of the transit).

V. To book STPC
•Update PNR with passport number and nationality (tickets need to be issued).
•Contact Qatar Airways, providing credit card number including expire date and CVC code.

VI. Different scenarios for STPC
•QR is operating an immediate connection with seats available in the desired cabin, but the passenger has booked a connection with transit time of 8-24 hours. STPC is not permitted either complimentary or against a fee.
•QR is operating an immediate connection but no seats are available in the desired cabin. If the passenger has booked a ticket on the next available connection with a transit of between 8-24 hours, STPC against payment is permitted.
•QR is not operating an immediate connection; all the connections have a transit time of between 8-24 hours. Passenger may choose any connection and receive STPC free of charge. There are reports that this may no longer be correct.
*Confirmation of your hotel at Doha does not guarantee entry into the State of Qatar. This is entirely at the discretion of the immigration authorities.

Website: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...mmodation.page

Anecdote: a code-share DOH-CMN within the 8-hour window did not disqualify me from STPC. In other words it is only QR operated flights that are used for connection time calculations.

I have STPC- What do I need to Do?
This is covered in the wiki of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...t-do-i-do.html.

How does the new Free stopover affect STPC?
QR have just launched a new free stopover policy. See http://www.qatarairways.com/english_...ease_plusqatar, http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/plusqatar.page and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...on-2017-1.html for details.
At the moment STPC sappears to be unaffected except for 'multi city' bookings. At this very early stage there is no clear practice as to who qualifies!

Updated 21-SEP-2022.
Print Wikipost

The QR STPC (stopover) policy?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
I have a few trips coming up through DOH over the next few months (ORD-DOH-BKK, CMB-DOH-PHL and PHL-DOH-CMB). All of the flights have layovers of greater than 8 hours but there are connection possibilities that would yield shorter connections - but not on the same departure day. For instance, choosing to leave CMB at 8:55pm on Monday instead of 2:35am on Tuesday connecting to a Tuesday morning flight to PHL. In that case, I believe that I am not eligible for the STPC offer. My question is, would I be eligible for the +Qatar offer in effect through the end of the year?
It would apply only if your transit time is a minimum of 12 hours.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:23 am

They're not too strict on that limit though — there has been many reports of having had layovers >8h, <12h and having used the +Qatar offer, one from myself included.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by klausa
They're not too strict on that limit though — there has been many reports of having had layovers >8h, <12h and having used the +Qatar offer, one from myself included.
Meanwhile I have a flight that went from 8 hrs 15 min connection to 7 hrs 55 min connection - looks like it'll be lounging around for me.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:11 am

STPC R class

Hello
i have a booking PEN-DOH-ARN with 8H 15M connection time in DOH. I have called and confirmed with the phone agent that i am entitled to a transit hotel. The agent even offered me to book the hotel directly during the call.

I am now thinking of upgrading my booking to business class on Cheap promo R Class. My question is, is business R fare class entitle to STPC too? I do not want to upgrade and causing my STPC to be invalid instead. Would rather fly economy and get the STPC rather than biz with long connecting time.

thanks for help
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
I have a confirmed STPC package booked next month. My booking is in R class.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
QR MNL pro-actively booked me an STPC room on an R fare MNL-DOH-ATL. Definitely qualifies.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
We are booked on

BKK-DOH, 9.05-12.20

-13h 40 min connection-

DOH-HEL, 02.00-07.00

All in business class. We have the Discover Qatar offer booked at the Westin but would be nice to also get free transfers and meals. Are we eligible? I guess no as there are other faster journeys available.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
POI: OKA via NRT to HEL : Rotana Oryx : 22 hrs stop over 250 QAR meal allowance which I imagine is the max per person, about £50.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:44 am

PNH-BRU : Oryx Rotana during 9+h transit. No meals.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
HEL-DOH (15 hours layover) - HND. 175 QAR allowance. Oryx Rotana
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HH:Diamond, Marriott: Platinum, IHG: Diamond Ambassador
I have a 12 hour layover with there being a shorter layover possible (8 hours 5 mins) on earlier flight. As this shorter option is still over 8 hours does that make my 12 hour layover eligible despite there being an earlier flight?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:46 pm
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
I called QR today asking why Aus wasn’t on the free visa list when I went to apply for my visa for my 16hr layover arriving at 6am and departing late evening. He said because Australia is visa free but they may ask for how much money you have and what hotel you are staying in. I said well no hotel because it’s only a day trip. Should I just list the Al mourjan lounge? He said all customers travelling before June can get a hotel for free on long stop overs. REALLY?!? Yeah just go online and do it I’m yet to check but really?!?!
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by linzbh
I called QR today asking why Aus wasn’t on the free visa list when I went to apply for my visa for my 16hr layover arriving at 6am and departing late evening. He said because Australia is visa free but they may ask for how much money you have and what hotel you are staying in. I said well no hotel because it’s only a day trip. Should I just list the Al mourjan lounge? He said all customers travelling before June can get a hotel for free on long stop overs. REALLY?!? Yeah just go online and do it I’m yet to check but really?!?!
https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/o...lus-qatar.html
Old May 8, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: AA - EXP
Can anybody clarify what they mean by no immediate connection? I am looking to go PHL-DOH-AMM. QR is willing to sell a codeshare on Royal Jordanian that arrives earlier than its own flight, both meet the 8 hr requirement. QR metal to QR metal is a 16 hr connection. Or a 14 hour layover QR metal to QR codeshare with Royal Jordanian. I just do not want to buy one and then not be eligible. Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Would it be advisable as a gesture of decency that I make the effort to cancel my outbound STPC reservation or is it not a big deal if I don’t show up to claim it. My plans have changed and decided to opt for the +Qatar offer, just don’t want Qatar or anyone to have to burden the cost of me not showing up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.