Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More

Interesting

DOHA, Qatar – Qatar Airways has launched a unique stopover package in partnership with Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA) to promote and market Qatar as a destination of choice for international travellers, offering transit passengers the opportunity to discover Doha with free luxury hotel stays and complimentary transit visas. The unique offer is part of a broader campaign called +Qatar which looks to encourage all transit passengers to consider adding Qatar to their itinerary.

http://www.qatarairways.com/be/en/pr...ease_plusqatar
Old May 1, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Existing Reservation?

Does anyone know if the free hotel stays will be offered with existing reservations?
Old May 1, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by tfizzle
Does anyone know if the free hotel stays will be offered with existing reservations?
The wording in the press release says

To be eligible for this offer, passengers simply book their flight on www.qatarairways.com, select ‘multi-city’ and choose their hotel once they receive their flight confirmation. The online transit visa application is also free and is eligible for those in transit between five and 96 hours. This ground-breaking offer is available for all Qatar Airways passengers, both Premium and Economy, demonstrating the airline’s commitment to its brand ethos of ‘Going Places Together’. To maximise their time in Qatar, visitors can explore additional stopover packages offered by Discover Qatar.

I would lean towards thinking this applies for passengers who book from now onwards, but no harm asking.

If you haven't already booked a stopover in DOH (you didn't mention if this was the case) they will not allow a free change to incorporate this, you will need to pay the fare difference and even then you may not be eligible based on the above.
Old May 1, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA PPro
I do have a stopover on my way to and from SIN.
Old May 1, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Add a second night for only a $50 booking fee !
Offer valid throughout the summer... but no one knows when summer starts or ends exactly in QR mind ;-) and anyway summer is so warm in Qatar... But for enjoying a comfy bed in a 4 or 5 hotel, A/C and the swimming pool and resting between 2 flights, why not ;-)
Ursa81 likes this.
Old May 1, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4
...and anyway summer is so warm in Qatar... But for enjoying a comfy bed in a 4 or 5 hotel, A/C and the swimming pool and resting between 2 flights, why not ;-)
Probably the reason why they are doing it. Nobody in the right mind would take a vacation in DOH during July/August. As a result, hotel rates are comparably low.
Old May 1, 2017, 10:14 pm

Scam

Originally Posted by obduro
The wording in the press release says

To be eligible for this offer, passengers simply book their flight on www.qatarairways.com, select ‘multi-city’ and choose their hotel once they receive their flight confirmation. The online transit visa application is also free and is eligible for those in transit between five and 96 hours. This ground-breaking offer is available for all Qatar Airways passengers, both Premium and Economy, demonstrating the airline’s commitment to its brand ethos of ‘Going Places Together’. To maximise their time in Qatar, visitors can explore additional stopover packages offered by Discover Qatar.

I would lean towards thinking this applies for passengers who book from now onwards, but no harm asking.

If you haven't already booked a stopover in DOH (you didn't mention if this was the case) they will not allow a free change to incorporate this, you will need to pay the fare difference and even then you may not be eligible based on the above.
Fair warning: I spent over an hour on the phone this evening since their site wouldn't allow my booking. Their agents have no idea about this and stated that their collective wisdom tells them that this is strictly through the holiday dept and not flights booked on their site as their ad states. Furthermore, you'll only know availability in 1 week (when your visa is approved). They also stated that if your transit visa is declined, it's your responsibility to pay the flight refund fee.

In short, good luck getting them to honor this!
Ursa81 likes this.
Old May 1, 2017, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4
Add a second night for only a $50 booking fee !
Offer valid throughout the summer... but no one knows when summer starts or ends exactly in QR mind ;-) and anyway summer is so warm in Qatar... But for enjoying a comfy bed in a 4 or 5 hotel, A/C and the swimming pool and resting between 2 flights, why not ;-)
Its already 40 degrees daytime temperature now! Humidity wont be far behind! The summer is pretty much here now!
Old May 2, 2017, 4:17 am

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Probably the reason why they are doing it. Nobody in the right mind would take a vacation in DOH during July/August. As a result, hotel rates are comparably low.
Got that right. Summer GCC hotel rates are giveaways, you end up spending more on food and drink than the room costs! As it's too hot to go outside, the only thing to do is sit in the bar.
Old May 2, 2017, 4:43 am

We finally have the terms and conditions of this as follows.

Terms and conditions
Booking validity: 1 May to 31 August 2017.
Travel validity: 7 May to 30 September 2017. All travel must be completed by 30 September 2017.
Offer is valid for flights booked with Qatar Airways on qatarairways.com with Multi-city ticket booking.
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Qatar Airways E-ticket number is required to be entered at the payment page. Maximum of one booking is allowed per E-ticket number.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during onward or return journey. (E.g. London – Doha – Bangkok).
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Please review +Qatar offer complete terms and conditions here.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by tfizzle
I just tried and succeeded in booking a luxury room via the sake fare...

I got a confirmation mail.
Old May 2, 2017, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by manes
I just tried and succeeded in booking a luxury room via the sake fare...

I got a confirmation mail.
Did you book it through email? Are all Hotels allowed?
Old May 2, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Freddorick
Did you book it through email? Are all Hotels allowed?
I used this site: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/plusqatar.page
Old May 2, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by manes
Thanks! I also just managed to get a confirmation for an existing booking, so hopefully my hotel next week is on QR! I have a flexible booking I already made at the same hotel (Shangri-La) which I'm going to hold on to for now just in case.
Old May 2, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I just got my stay confirmed too Whoot!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.