Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Matt4
Qatar Airways Stopover Package (STPC)

Note : STPC has not been available since COVID started and won't probably be available before the end of the year 2022 due to the World Cup. But you can book a StopOver hotel for a discounted price with Discover Qatar (starting at $14 for 4* and $20 for 5*) until 24th October 2022 (no later, again due to the Wolrd Cup)

•Passengers with a transit time of between 8 and 24 hours are eligible for a stopover package (STPC) in Doha, offered by Qatar Airways.
•An STPC request can be made as early as 361 days in advance, but no later than 72 hours prior to departure. The STPC is either offered complimentary or bookable at a fee.
•For group bookings, different rules apply.

I. STPC free of charge
•In cases where there are no immediate connections available between 8 and 24 hours.
•No exceptions can be given (7 hrs 59 minutes = not eligible, 24 hrs 1 minute = not eligible).
•N-class and above.
•Directional ticket value above USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•Directional ticket value is the sum of the fare paid for the journey and the Fuel surcharge (as shown on your E-ticket) divided by two.

II. STPC against a fee
•When the passenger holds a ticket in booking classes below N.
•When the passenger holds a Privilege Club redemption ticket in Economy or Business Class.
•When the directional ticket value is less than USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•USD 125 fee for Economy Class passengers.
•USD 150 fee for Business Class passengers.

III. STPC is not available if the booking includes flights to or from Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH), Dubai (DWC), Dubai (DXB), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT), Ras Al Khaimah (RKT) and Sharjah (SHJ). .
•If the passenger holds a temporary passport/travel document.
•If the passenger holds separate tickets.

IV. STPC package includes
•Hotel room for the duration of the passenger’s stay (5-star hotel for Business Class passengers / 3-star hotel for Economy Class passengers). If there is a change in the Flight Schedule and the new connection time in Doha becomes less than 8 hours then the existing hotel confirmation will become invalid.
•Temporary entry visa fee to Doha, Qatar*.
•Transfer HIA - hotel - HIA.
•Meal voucher (depends on duration of the transit).

V. To book STPC
•Update PNR with passport number and nationality (tickets need to be issued).
•Contact Qatar Airways, providing credit card number including expire date and CVC code.

VI. Different scenarios for STPC
•QR is operating an immediate connection with seats available in the desired cabin, but the passenger has booked a connection with transit time of 8-24 hours. STPC is not permitted either complimentary or against a fee.
•QR is operating an immediate connection but no seats are available in the desired cabin. If the passenger has booked a ticket on the next available connection with a transit of between 8-24 hours, STPC against payment is permitted.
•QR is not operating an immediate connection; all the connections have a transit time of between 8-24 hours. Passenger may choose any connection and receive STPC free of charge. There are reports that this may no longer be correct.
*Confirmation of your hotel at Doha does not guarantee entry into the State of Qatar. This is entirely at the discretion of the immigration authorities.

Website: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...mmodation.page

Anecdote: a code-share DOH-CMN within the 8-hour window did not disqualify me from STPC. In other words it is only QR operated flights that are used for connection time calculations.

I have STPC- What do I need to Do?
This is covered in the wiki of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...t-do-i-do.html.

How does the new Free stopover affect STPC?
QR have just launched a new free stopover policy. See http://www.qatarairways.com/english_...ease_plusqatar, http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/plusqatar.page and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...on-2017-1.html for details.
At the moment STPC sappears to be unaffected except for 'multi city' bookings. At this very early stage there is no clear practice as to who qualifies!

Updated 21-SEP-2022.
Print Wikipost

The QR STPC (stopover) policy?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:05 am

daruda welcome to the QR forum. Tou should find the QR dashboard useful.
There are a number of differences between STPC and +Qatar. Both require a QR ticket however.
STPC is awarded by QR +Qatar is your choice.
STPC is for transit times of 8 hours or more where there are no shorter connections. +Qatar s only restriction is minimum 12 hours transit..
STPC QR allocates the hotel, +Qatar you choose the hotel yourself.
STPC includes hotel transport +Qatar does not.
STPC includes meals +Qatar does not!
STPC include possible visas +Qatar does not.
There are several more.
Stpc is only available once per reservation while +Qatar is available once for each E-ticket number.
It appears that STPC and +Qatar may be combined and that +Qatar is per E-ticket number and if your reservation contains more than one E-ticket then you may use +Qatar more than once on a reservation.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Just a quick correction, stpc is of course available twice per reservation - once each way.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by remdk
daruda welcome to the QR forum. Tou should find the QR dashboard useful.
There are a number of differences between STPC and +Qatar. Both require a QR ticket however.
STPC is awarded by QR +Qatar is your choice.
STPC is for transit times of 8 hours or more where there are no shorter connections. +Qatar s only restriction is minimum 12 hours transit..
STPC QR allocates the hotel, +Qatar you choose the hotel yourself.
STPC includes hotel transport +Qatar does not.
STPC includes meals +Qatar does not!
STPC include possible visas +Qatar does not.
There are several more.
Stpc is only available once per reservation while +Qatar is available once for each E-ticket number.
It appears that STPC and +Qatar may be combined and that +Qatar is per E-ticket number and if your reservation contains more than one E-ticket then you may use +Qatar more than once on a reservation.

Hi Remdk Thank a lot.

So following would apply?

- outward journey has a transit of 20h (no shorter connection) : apply for STPC
- inbound journey has a transit of 17h (there is a shorter more expensive connection): possible to apply for +Qatar.

Anybody experience with combining them? Which is best to request first?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:54 am

duvin Immigration would only grant one 96 hour free transit visa per reservation (per person) and this excluded STPC, which use the new visa type, twice in a reservation. However since the advent of visa free access and the +Qatar offer things may have changed. In fact I speculated that due to those two measures STPC was no longer required for transits of 12 hours or more and could be stopped except for 8-12 hour transits. Whilst it has been possible to find the webpage it is not linked into the current version of the QR website and you need to know the exact address to reach it.
As I say that was speculation some months ago and things may have changed since then.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by duvin
Your stpc hotel voucher should contain these details. Check there.
The STPC voucher will contain that information, but the voucher is not available until you collect it at the Transit Accommodation Counter in Doha. The meal allowance is not printed on the STPC Confirmation Receipt that you get after calling QR (but it says that there is a meal allowance for transit stays greater than 11 hours).
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Immigration would only grant one 96 hour free transit visa per reservation (per person) and this excluded STPC, which use the new visa type, twice in a reservation. However since the advent of visa free access and the +Qatar offer things may have changed.
Me and Mrs. r2d2 have an upcoming trip in October where we have been already granted STPC both ways. Let's hope they still have the visa-free entry at that point
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:00 am

daruda my asvice is to book in the order in which they occur.STPC and then +Qatar. But do keep an eye open for the last booking date for +Qatar (28 February) and the date of the end of the current offer (30 April).
This will probably be extended again but do not count on it until you see an extension.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Hi guys,

From the wiki, it says:

•QR is not operating an immediate connection; all the connections have a transit time of between 8-24 hours. Passenger may choose any connection and receive STPC free of charge. There are reports that this may no longer be correct.

I have a flight on QR from Bangkok to Helsinki. There are 5 flights a day from BKK-DOH but the shortest connection to HEL is 8 hours and 15 minutes. I chose the longest connection which means I may receive STPC free of charge. I sent QR a message on twitter and I was asked to send a photocopy of my passport and that they would check if I am eligible. I'm crossing my fingers
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:19 pm

thefilipinotraveler if you are departing BKK Wednesday or Saturday after 25 March (Summer timetable) then you will qualify for STPC on any flight combination. Any other day does not qualify. Had you given specific dates then we could have given a proper assessment.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
duvin Immigration would only grant one 96 hour free transit visa per reservation (per person) and this excluded STPC, which use the new visa type, twice in a reservation. However since the advent of visa free access and the +Qatar offer things may have changed. In fact I speculated that due to those two measures STPC was no longer required for transits of 12 hours or more and could be stopped except for 8-12 hour transits. Whilst it has been possible to find the webpage it is not linked into the current version of the QR website and you need to know the exact address to reach it.
As I say that was speculation some months ago and things may have changed since then.
I’ve just finished an itinerary where stpc was offered (and used) both ways.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 3:01 am

duvin thank you for confirming that the rules for STPC have changed again!
It is an extremely difficult task keeping up with all the rule changes that QR make internally without informing those who are affected, THE PASSENGERS! Admittedly the one STPC per reservation rule was externally imposed on QR and changes to Immigration procedures, with the new Visa free access, have given the opportunity for change.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
thefilipinotraveler if you are departing BKK Wednesday or Saturday after 25 March (Summer timetable) then you will qualify for STPC on any flight combination. Any other day does not qualify. Had you given specific dates then we could have given a proper assessment.

Hi remdk thanks for the reply. I am actually departing on a Wednesday (April 18) and just now, I received an email from QR with the STPC confirmation receipt. It's strange that when I called the QR agent here in Stockholm yesterday, I was told I was not eligible for the STPC. Glad I asked here on FT. Thanks again, remdk
Old Jan 12, 2018, 7:26 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Feeling quite smug here. I booked OSL-DOH-SYD and deliberately chose a 19hr connection when a 7hr one was available, so I knew I wouldn't be eligible for STPC and was going to sort out my own accommodation. Before I got round to it, the OSL-DOH flight was retimed making the shortest possible connection a little over 8hrs - so I requested STPC and have just received my voucher

NB. there is an earlier flight out of OSL with a much shorter (4hr) connection, which (obviously!) did not disqualify me, contrary to @dolfinco's experience.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Please note that the Museum of Islamic art is normally closed on Tuesdays but may be open on some special holiday Tuesdays.
No, the Museum is open every day.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:23 pm

Post 563 of this thread posted Sep 12, 17, 11:56 am says
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Remember that the Museum is closed on Tuesdays.
and post 689 says " No, the Museum is open every day."
Which is true and which is fiction?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.