Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Matt4
Qatar Airways Stopover Package (STPC)

Note : STPC has not been available since COVID started and won't probably be available before the end of the year 2022 due to the World Cup. But you can book a StopOver hotel for a discounted price with Discover Qatar (starting at $14 for 4* and $20 for 5*) until 24th October 2022 (no later, again due to the Wolrd Cup)

•Passengers with a transit time of between 8 and 24 hours are eligible for a stopover package (STPC) in Doha, offered by Qatar Airways.
•An STPC request can be made as early as 361 days in advance, but no later than 72 hours prior to departure. The STPC is either offered complimentary or bookable at a fee.
•For group bookings, different rules apply.

I. STPC free of charge
•In cases where there are no immediate connections available between 8 and 24 hours.
•No exceptions can be given (7 hrs 59 minutes = not eligible, 24 hrs 1 minute = not eligible).
•N-class and above.
•Directional ticket value above USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•Directional ticket value is the sum of the fare paid for the journey and the Fuel surcharge (as shown on your E-ticket) divided by two.

II. STPC against a fee
•When the passenger holds a ticket in booking classes below N.
•When the passenger holds a Privilege Club redemption ticket in Economy or Business Class.
•When the directional ticket value is less than USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•USD 125 fee for Economy Class passengers.
•USD 150 fee for Business Class passengers.

III. STPC is not available if the booking includes flights to or from Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH), Dubai (DWC), Dubai (DXB), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT), Ras Al Khaimah (RKT) and Sharjah (SHJ). .
•If the passenger holds a temporary passport/travel document.
•If the passenger holds separate tickets.

IV. STPC package includes
•Hotel room for the duration of the passenger’s stay (5-star hotel for Business Class passengers / 3-star hotel for Economy Class passengers). If there is a change in the Flight Schedule and the new connection time in Doha becomes less than 8 hours then the existing hotel confirmation will become invalid.
•Temporary entry visa fee to Doha, Qatar*.
•Transfer HIA - hotel - HIA.
•Meal voucher (depends on duration of the transit).

V. To book STPC
•Update PNR with passport number and nationality (tickets need to be issued).
•Contact Qatar Airways, providing credit card number including expire date and CVC code.

VI. Different scenarios for STPC
•QR is operating an immediate connection with seats available in the desired cabin, but the passenger has booked a connection with transit time of 8-24 hours. STPC is not permitted either complimentary or against a fee.
•QR is operating an immediate connection but no seats are available in the desired cabin. If the passenger has booked a ticket on the next available connection with a transit of between 8-24 hours, STPC against payment is permitted.
•QR is not operating an immediate connection; all the connections have a transit time of between 8-24 hours. Passenger may choose any connection and receive STPC free of charge. There are reports that this may no longer be correct.
*Confirmation of your hotel at Doha does not guarantee entry into the State of Qatar. This is entirely at the discretion of the immigration authorities.

Website: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...mmodation.page

Anecdote: a code-share DOH-CMN within the 8-hour window did not disqualify me from STPC. In other words it is only QR operated flights that are used for connection time calculations.

I have STPC- What do I need to Do?
This is covered in the wiki of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...t-do-i-do.html.

How does the new Free stopover affect STPC?
QR have just launched a new free stopover policy. See http://www.qatarairways.com/english_...ease_plusqatar, http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/plusqatar.page and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...on-2017-1.html for details.
At the moment STPC sappears to be unaffected except for 'multi city' bookings. At this very early stage there is no clear practice as to who qualifies!

Updated 21-SEP-2022.
Print Wikipost

The QR STPC (stopover) policy?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2018, 8:59 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by remdk
Which is true and which is fiction?

Both last year, the museum used to close on Tuesdays but currently it opens every day. Compare the July 2017 snapshot of the opening hours with the current opening hours.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Post 563 of this thread posted Sep 12, 17, 11:56 am says ... and post 689 says " No, the Museum is open every day." Which is true and which is fiction?
Originally Posted by dsf
Both last year, the museum used to close on Tuesdays but currently it opens every day. Compare the July 2017 snapshot of the opening hours with the current opening hours.
Exactly, -- neither is/was fiction; both were accurate when posted. Museum is now open every day. Thanks dsf.

For anyone who posts info as fact, I find that it's usually a good idea to double check just before posting. Things change. Just take QR equipment assignment, for example!!
dsf and orbitmic like this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:56 am

Post 563 of this thread posted Sep 12, 17, 11:56 am says

and post 689 says " No, the Museum is open every day."
Which is true and which is fiction?
Doesn't the dashboard tell you?

Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hello, Travelling through Doha next Thursday and wondering if I can get a STPC

I have searched the thread but my case there a few questions I need to ask.

1. I am travelling from BSR to LHR on Qatar metal but my booking has BA flight numbers,
2 There is a morning flight from BSR that has a 2 hour 25 min connection. Unfortunately there were no business class seats available so I was booked on the afternoon flight. (C Class)
So my new stopover time is exactly 8 hours (Arrive at 17:55, Depart at 01:55)

So am I entitled to a STPC or does 1 or both of the above points prevent me from receiving one?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by Knickam
Hello, Travelling through Doha next Thursday and wondering if I can get a STPC

I have searched the thread but my case there a few questions I need to ask.

1. I am travelling from BSR to LHR on Qatar metal but my booking has BA flight numbers,
2 There is a morning flight from BSR that has a 2 hour 25 min connection. Unfortunately there were no business class seats available so I was booked on the afternoon flight. (C Class)
So my new stopover time is exactly 8 hours (Arrive at 17:55, Depart at 01:55)

So am I entitled to a STPC or does 1 or both of the above points prevent me from receiving one?
Both prevent you. Your ticket is probably on BA(125) stock, not QR (157).

Last edited by duvin; Jan 25, 2018 at 6:38 am
Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by duvin
Both prevent you. Your ticket is probably on BA(125) stock, nor QR (157).
Thanks Duvin, You are correct, I am on a BA125 ticket.

For future reference would I get it on QR ticketing with a stopover of exactly 8 hours?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:46 am

Knickam welcome to the QR forum.
It has always been assumed that a transit time of 8.00 is valid for STPC but 7.59 is not!
However with a reservation similar to the current one you would not qualify for STPC since there is a shorter connection.It does not matter if the shorter connection is sold out or not. There is a shorter connection!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:36 am

Thanks remdk

I thought that might be the case, Just was not sure.

And thank you for the welcome

Last edited by Knickam; Jan 25, 2018 at 6:38 am Reason: Adding thanks
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
I have an upcoming trip HEL - DOH - CBR in October. The flights are QR 304 and QR 906, making the transfer time 16.5 hours. There was no shorter connection available when I booked and I received the STPC voucher from QR.

Now QR has added a later flight between HEL and DOH, QR 308. It will have a 2.5 hour connection time to QR 906. I called QR and they said my STPC is no longer valid because there is a shorter connection. I told them I couldn't book the shorter connection because it didn't exist yet when I booked and the agent told me to call back in August as there might be changes before that.

Any ideas what should I expect them to answer in August? If +Qatar still exists then, they might offer that, but if it doesn't can I expect anything from them?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:13 pm

r2d2 if you look at the Wiki on I have STPC. What Do I Do? you will see under the QR issued information that
" 6) The Hotel Accommodation is provided only when the connection time is between 8 and 24 hours at Doha. If there is a change in the Flight Schedule (either triggered by the airline or by the guest) and the new connection time in Doha becomes less than 8 hours or more than 24 hours then the existing Hotel Confirmation will become invalid."
A schedule change has occurred giving a shorter scheduled connection time under 8 hours and you no longer qualify for STPC.
The only hope you have of getting STPC is if there is a further schedule change between now and October.
The alternative +Qatar has not yet been extended to October so you will need to keep an eye on the https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...il-2018-a.html thread.
Since you should have received a copy of the instructions and conditions then there is not much you can do.
Of course you could get very lucky in August and QR will rebook you on the later connection free of charge, bit do not count on it.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
As remdk mentioned, you are out of luck. I know the rules sound completely unfair in that what makes you ineligible to STPC is a flight you might well have preferred but simply did not exist when you made your booking, but as it happens, QR does not care and enforce that rule strictly.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Thanks for sharing the information!
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Stpc is only available once per reservation while +Qatar is available once for each E-ticket number.
It appears that STPC and +Qatar may be combined and that +Qatar is per E-ticket number and if your reservation contains more than one E-ticket then you may use +Qatar more than once on a reservation.
So which one would you pick? Or ask differently: Is the hotel selection so much better compared to the hotel that QR is selecting for you that it warrants trading transport, food, etc. for it?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:25 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Just wanted to share my experience with booking STPC package.

E-mailed the QR office in JNB office last night 22:30pm local time requesting STPC for both outbound and inbound legs of my journey in April. Received confirmation at 09:30am local time.

Details are as follows:
Booking class R
Outbound
JNB - DOH on QR1360 arriving at 05:30am
transit 14h25m
DOH - CNX on QR922 departing 19:55pm
Inbound
CNX - DOH on QR922 arriving at 12:50pm
transit 18h00m (there is a shorter connection available however it is still 13 hours)
DOH - JNB on QR1367 departing at 06:50am

Hotel is Oryx Rotana and they indicate on the confirmation that I will receive a meal voucher but don't specify the value.

I am very impressed with how fast they processed my booking.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:09 am

STPC eligibility questions

Apologies for these questions, but could I check whether the following flights may be STPC eligible? Both flights are in R fare:1. QR 0170 ARN to Doha, arrive Doha at 16:05 Next day QR 0906 Doha to CBR, depart Doha at 09:20DOH
- I don’t think there are any earlier flights direct to CBR, but there are earlier connecting flights to CBR (through MEL)

2. QR 0907 CBR to Doha, arrive Doha at 23:30 Next day QR 0171 Doha to ARN, depart Doha at 15:20
There is an earlier flight that day to ARN at 07:35, but this one is also 8 hours 5 minutes connection time, so should be eligible for STPC. However, I don’t know if: a) Because of the earlier available flight to ARN, my later (cheaper flight) is ineligible for STPC b) Because I may have had an STPC on the outward journey, I am not eligible for STPC on the return journey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.