Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Matt4
Qatar Airways Stopover Package (STPC)

Note : STPC has not been available since COVID started and won't probably be available before the end of the year 2022 due to the World Cup. But you can book a StopOver hotel for a discounted price with Discover Qatar (starting at $14 for 4* and $20 for 5*) until 24th October 2022 (no later, again due to the Wolrd Cup)

•Passengers with a transit time of between 8 and 24 hours are eligible for a stopover package (STPC) in Doha, offered by Qatar Airways.
•An STPC request can be made as early as 361 days in advance, but no later than 72 hours prior to departure. The STPC is either offered complimentary or bookable at a fee.
•For group bookings, different rules apply.

I. STPC free of charge
•In cases where there are no immediate connections available between 8 and 24 hours.
•No exceptions can be given (7 hrs 59 minutes = not eligible, 24 hrs 1 minute = not eligible).
•N-class and above.
•Directional ticket value above USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•Directional ticket value is the sum of the fare paid for the journey and the Fuel surcharge (as shown on your E-ticket) divided by two.

II. STPC against a fee
•When the passenger holds a ticket in booking classes below N.
•When the passenger holds a Privilege Club redemption ticket in Economy or Business Class.
•When the directional ticket value is less than USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•USD 125 fee for Economy Class passengers.
•USD 150 fee for Business Class passengers.

III. STPC is not available if the booking includes flights to or from Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH), Dubai (DWC), Dubai (DXB), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT), Ras Al Khaimah (RKT) and Sharjah (SHJ). .
•If the passenger holds a temporary passport/travel document.
•If the passenger holds separate tickets.

IV. STPC package includes
•Hotel room for the duration of the passenger’s stay (5-star hotel for Business Class passengers / 3-star hotel for Economy Class passengers). If there is a change in the Flight Schedule and the new connection time in Doha becomes less than 8 hours then the existing hotel confirmation will become invalid.
•Temporary entry visa fee to Doha, Qatar*.
•Transfer HIA - hotel - HIA.
•Meal voucher (depends on duration of the transit).

V. To book STPC
•Update PNR with passport number and nationality (tickets need to be issued).
•Contact Qatar Airways, providing credit card number including expire date and CVC code.

VI. Different scenarios for STPC
•QR is operating an immediate connection with seats available in the desired cabin, but the passenger has booked a connection with transit time of 8-24 hours. STPC is not permitted either complimentary or against a fee.
•QR is operating an immediate connection but no seats are available in the desired cabin. If the passenger has booked a ticket on the next available connection with a transit of between 8-24 hours, STPC against payment is permitted.
•QR is not operating an immediate connection; all the connections have a transit time of between 8-24 hours. Passenger may choose any connection and receive STPC free of charge. There are reports that this may no longer be correct.
*Confirmation of your hotel at Doha does not guarantee entry into the State of Qatar. This is entirely at the discretion of the immigration authorities.

Website: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...mmodation.page

Anecdote: a code-share DOH-CMN within the 8-hour window did not disqualify me from STPC. In other words it is only QR operated flights that are used for connection time calculations.

I have STPC- What do I need to Do?
This is covered in the wiki of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...t-do-i-do.html.

How does the new Free stopover affect STPC?
QR have just launched a new free stopover policy. See http://www.qatarairways.com/english_...ease_plusqatar, http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/plusqatar.page and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...on-2017-1.html for details.
At the moment STPC sappears to be unaffected except for 'multi city' bookings. At this very early stage there is no clear practice as to who qualifies!

Updated 21-SEP-2022.
Print Wikipost

The QR STPC (stopover) policy?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
You could email them back and ask them to cancel the rooms for the stays you don't want them. Even if you just didn't show I doubt there would be a problem because I don't think QR pays until a guest stays at the Oryx.

Regarding the two rooms, I would reply and and ask them to consolidate into one room. I had the opposite problem: there were two of us on the same PNR and we wanted separate rooms but they booked one room. I called and they fixed it.
Did you just call the main Qatar number in the US, or something different?
Old Aug 17, 2019, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by dbarton
Qatar just changed our Feb 2020 Return Flights from CPT reducing Doha layover to 7hrs 45mins (from 8hrs 30mins)---arriving 00.25 leaving 08.10--so STPC Voucher we already have seems invalid-----------but OP told us on phone they would still honour as Voucher 'on file'----does this make sense?---------uncertain abt such long lounge layover much prefer real bed----any advice?
they won’t honour the STPC as your transit has fallen below the minimal time. If you want a hotel unless times are changed again, you’ll need to book and pay it yourself.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
Did you just call the main Qatar number in the US, or something different?
Yes, I called the main US number.

The wait time for the US number can be atrocious, so if I am in a hurry I use Hangouts or Skype to call the Doha number.
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
Regarding the two rooms, I would reply and and ask them to consolidate into one room. I had the opposite problem: there were two of us on the same PNR and we wanted separate rooms but they booked one room. I called and they fixed it.
Many thanks, I did get this fixed eventually via their Twitter team.

On the paperwork it mentions that reporting time is 3 hours. Is that a fixed time, or will they allow me to leave earlier to come back and use the lounge? Also, do you just go to main passport security or is there a Qatar business class faster security?

Thanks again

Last edited by RetiredATLATC; Sep 8, 2019 at 3:10 am
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Many thanks, I did get this fixed eventually via there Twitter team.

On the paperwork it mentions that reporting time is 3 hours. Is that a fixed time, or will they allow me to leave earlier to come back and use the lounge? Also, do you just go to main passport security or is there a Qatar business class faster security?

Thanks again
You can ask at reception whenever you are ready to go back to the airport. As a business class passenger you get a private car to a from the airport. Remember to show your business class boarding pass to the hotel rep at the airport and when checking out to make sure you get private transport.

There is a first/business class arrivals lounge with separate immigration facilities. If you face the normal immigration lines just turn left and continue straight and you will see it.
When heading back to the airport just ask the driver to drop you off at business/first check in.
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kl1987
You can ask at reception whenever you are ready to go back to the airport. As a business class passenger you get a private car to a from the airport. Remember to show your business class boarding pass to the hotel rep at the airport and when checking out to make sure you get private transport.

There is a first/business class arrivals lounge with separate immigration facilities. If you face the normal immigration lines just turn left and continue straight and you will see it.
When heading back to the airport just ask the driver to drop you off at business/first check in.
As a Business Class passenger, do you get a private car just to or from the hotel, or do you get a private car to take you around Doha as well? I've heard of people getting a private car in Doha.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by MarkP24
As a Business Class passenger, do you get a private car just to or from the hotel, or do you get a private car to take you around Doha as well? I've heard of people getting a private car in Doha.
As far as I know you only get transfers to and from the airport.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by MarkP24
As a Business Class passenger ....do you get a private car to take you around Doha as well?
I think you might be getting ideas quite above your station
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I think you might be getting ideas quite above your station
It may be for First Class not Business.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by kl1987
As a business class passenger you get a private car to a from the airport. Remember to show your business class boarding pass to the hotel rep at the airport and when checking out to make sure you get private transport.
Wow, seriously?
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:33 am

Wow, seriously?
Yes
Old Sep 8, 2019, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by sturejan
175 QAR was what I got in March 2017 for a 15 hour stop.
Could someone advise me what the current meal voucher allocation is, and is it more if two people are on the voucher.

Thank you

Last edited by RetiredATLATC; Sep 8, 2019 at 8:17 am
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: QRPC-Plat/OWE, MPC, BAEC
STPC Policy change?

Hi Flyertalkers,

I've booked myself a one-way mixed class (J+F) revenue fare from TUN to AMM, with a connection of 17 hours. There is only one option available with connection less than 8 hours, which is operated by RJ, and only operates J class.

I have called QRPC twice on this matter and both of the agents confirmed as long as a QR code flight exists as a shorter connection, there will not be STPC. Any of you have similar experiences that can corroborate or refute this?

Many thanks, have a great day.

HMA
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: AS GOLD
Booked LAX-DOH-PEN roundtrip next June. Both legs has over 8 hours of layover. Going to PEN is 8 hr 45mins layover and returning from PEN is 8 hr 5 mins. I called and inquired about the STPC, agent confirmed both legs are qualified for the hotel. They booked me into Oryx Rotana Hotel. Booking confirmation came 3-4 hours later after the phone call.

Here is the confirmation I received:

Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you for your request. We are pleased to enclose a copy of the Stopover Hotel (STPC) confirmation receipt. Please proceed to the ”Transit Accommodation at City Hotel” counter located at the Transfer Desk at Hamad International Airport.

Our staff will assist you with completing the necessary documents and will provide you with a Hotel Voucher.

Upon receiving the voucher please proceed to the immigration counter for clearance*. The hotel's representative will be waiting for you at the arrival's hall for your hotel transfer.

Important note: Your baggage will be checked through to your final destination. Therefore, we recommend that anything you may need during your transit stay in Doha, such as medication, to be placed in your carry-on luggage.

Please note that any paid STPCs processed within 72 hours of travel are not eligible for refund.

We are pleased to advise that your STPC package includes:

Ř Hotel accommodations
Ř Transit visa: Issued upon your arrival at Doha, subject to approval by Doha Immigration.
Ř Complimentary Airport transfers
Ř Meal Allowance: Passengers with a transit stay of 8 – 11 hours will not be provided a meal allowance
Ř Depending on your duration of stay, for passengers with a transit stay of 11.01 – 24 hours, a monetary value will be printed on your Hotel Voucher.

Ř You can accordingly present the voucher at the hotel and claim any meal (s) to the effect of the given value.
iii) Any meal ordered/consumed in excess of the given value will require to be paid directly by the guest.
iv) The Meal Allowance is non-refundable (if it has not been utilized for claiming meals).

* Confirmation of your hotel at Doha does not guarantee an entry into the State of Qatar. This is entirely at the discretion of the Doha Immigration Authority. Qatar Airways is not liable in the event entry is not permitted upon arrival, in spite of a hotel booking.

Last edited by SESTAR; Nov 8, 2019 at 2:04 pm
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
I received a similar email for my trip IAD-DOH-MLE in the next couple of weeks. It took two phone calls to get the approval email, and they approved me in both directions (Oryx Rotana for both). I only need this (and only requested it) for the inbound though, as I'm staying via the $23 paid stopover program on the outbound - I have 18 hours and would prefer to stay where I can walk to tourist attractions. Means a third phone call. Not the end of the world, but not very efficient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.