Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Matt4
Qatar Airways Stopover Package (STPC)

Note : STPC has not been available since COVID started and won't probably be available before the end of the year 2022 due to the World Cup. But you can book a StopOver hotel for a discounted price with Discover Qatar (starting at $14 for 4* and $20 for 5*) until 24th October 2022 (no later, again due to the Wolrd Cup)

•Passengers with a transit time of between 8 and 24 hours are eligible for a stopover package (STPC) in Doha, offered by Qatar Airways.
•An STPC request can be made as early as 361 days in advance, but no later than 72 hours prior to departure. The STPC is either offered complimentary or bookable at a fee.
•For group bookings, different rules apply.

I. STPC free of charge
•In cases where there are no immediate connections available between 8 and 24 hours.
•No exceptions can be given (7 hrs 59 minutes = not eligible, 24 hrs 1 minute = not eligible).
•N-class and above.
•Directional ticket value above USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•Directional ticket value is the sum of the fare paid for the journey and the Fuel surcharge (as shown on your E-ticket) divided by two.

II. STPC against a fee
•When the passenger holds a ticket in booking classes below N.
•When the passenger holds a Privilege Club redemption ticket in Economy or Business Class.
•When the directional ticket value is less than USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•USD 125 fee for Economy Class passengers.
•USD 150 fee for Business Class passengers.

III. STPC is not available if the booking includes flights to or from Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH), Dubai (DWC), Dubai (DXB), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT), Ras Al Khaimah (RKT) and Sharjah (SHJ). .
•If the passenger holds a temporary passport/travel document.
•If the passenger holds separate tickets.

IV. STPC package includes
•Hotel room for the duration of the passenger’s stay (5-star hotel for Business Class passengers / 3-star hotel for Economy Class passengers). If there is a change in the Flight Schedule and the new connection time in Doha becomes less than 8 hours then the existing hotel confirmation will become invalid.
•Temporary entry visa fee to Doha, Qatar*.
•Transfer HIA - hotel - HIA.
•Meal voucher (depends on duration of the transit).

V. To book STPC
•Update PNR with passport number and nationality (tickets need to be issued).
•Contact Qatar Airways, providing credit card number including expire date and CVC code.

VI. Different scenarios for STPC
•QR is operating an immediate connection with seats available in the desired cabin, but the passenger has booked a connection with transit time of 8-24 hours. STPC is not permitted either complimentary or against a fee.
•QR is operating an immediate connection but no seats are available in the desired cabin. If the passenger has booked a ticket on the next available connection with a transit of between 8-24 hours, STPC against payment is permitted.
•QR is not operating an immediate connection; all the connections have a transit time of between 8-24 hours. Passenger may choose any connection and receive STPC free of charge. There are reports that this may no longer be correct.
*Confirmation of your hotel at Doha does not guarantee entry into the State of Qatar. This is entirely at the discretion of the immigration authorities.

Website: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...mmodation.page

Anecdote: a code-share DOH-CMN within the 8-hour window did not disqualify me from STPC. In other words it is only QR operated flights that are used for connection time calculations.

I have STPC- What do I need to Do?
This is covered in the wiki of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...t-do-i-do.html.

How does the new Free stopover affect STPC?
QR have just launched a new free stopover policy. See http://www.qatarairways.com/english_...ease_plusqatar, http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/plusqatar.page and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...on-2017-1.html for details.
At the moment STPC sappears to be unaffected except for 'multi city' bookings. At this very early stage there is no clear practice as to who qualifies!

Updated 21-SEP-2022.
Print Wikipost

The QR STPC (stopover) policy?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Update from me is that telephone service confirmed I'd have no STPC at under 8 hours, so I re-routed for free to another city. My 7 hour 50 connection is now a 1 hour 45 connection to another city in Europe. I'm fine with that as I'm connecting from there back to Ireland anyway.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:47 pm

I get a confirmed STPC for my flight over DOH. How long does it takes from the phone call until I receive an email with the conformation and the voucher? It was about a week ago and I didnt receive anything...
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:06 am

Do I qualify for STPC if there's no possible <8hrs connection available whatsoever when flying NRT-AMS on the day of the travel, but there is one for HND-AMS route for the same day?

Additionally, <8hrs connections are available on the day before the travel and for the day after for NRT-AMS route (that should be irrelevant since it's 24h difference in the departure moment).

Last edited by dimitriyremerov; Jan 15, 2017 at 3:33 am Reason: clarification
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:03 am

"STPC free of charge:
•N-class and above."

Where i can find chart that shows what class is above N what are below?
In Qatar own sites Class-V earns more miles so i guess it is above N but one earlier post in this thread says V don`t get free STPC.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:20 am

Are F award tickets eligible for STPC?

And is the minimum duration criterion still satisfied if there are faster connections without F available?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:52 pm

dimitriyremerov it depends! It depends upon the type of ticket (booking class) and other connections within 24 hours of your journey. Look at the Wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l#post27769964 for the most up to date description.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 1:56 pm

Leo123 probably the best place to look is the Mileage Calculator page.
Here the different ticket classes that can earn Qmiles etc. are listed in rank order.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:02 pm

makrom If it is an upgrade from J then if the criteria for a J class ticket are met then yes. If it is a flight reward ticket then it does not qualify!
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:16 am

Any ideas on how to actually speak with someone at Qatar, have repeatedly tried ringing 0330 024 0125 and have given up after being on hold for over an hour.

Is there a better number to try?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Plu2370
Any ideas on how to actually speak with someone at Qatar, have repeatedly tried ringing 0330 024 0125 and have given up after being on hold for over an hour.

I called office in Doha +974 4023 0000 and they sorted my STPC right away.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by remdk
dimitriyremerov it depends! It depends upon the type of ticket (booking class) and other connections within 24 hours of your journey. Look at the Wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l#post27769964 for the most up to date description.
I get it. My fare is not sufficient enough, but I'd be willing to pay 150 EUR extra for a stopover. The other questions is whether I'm eligible at all. Wouldn't HND-AMS count as an alternative even though no NRT-AMS < 8 hrs transfers available?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Plu2370

Called the 0330 number at lunch time today 8 mins on hold,funny that from my mobile it just kept ringing out but got straight through from landline.
very helpful man on the phone processed the STPC for both outbound and Inbound but said it could up to 2 weeks to come through as not travelling until March,came off phone an email was there,Oryx hotel for both stops,i did have to give passport details over the phone lucky i had them to hand.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:55 am

tia2013 there have been statements that StPC is only available once for a reservation. So do not be surprised if you are asked to cancel one of them.The problem at the moment is that the Free 96 hour visa is still being introduced and the rules chnge frequently. It is thought that STPC is also such a visa.

Sorry to put s damper on your trip but at the moment it is a case of 'No One Knows', not even QR staff.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by remdk
tia2013 there have been statements that StPC is only available once for a reservation. So do not be surprised if you are asked to cancel one of them.The problem at the moment is that the Free 96 hour visa is still being introduced and the rules chnge frequently. It is thought that STPC is also such a visa.

Sorry to put s damper on your trip but at the moment it is a case of 'No One Knows', not even QR staff.
Thanks for the warning,if it happens it happens I'm not gonna let it spoil my trip its my first time flying with QR and also on a 787 so am super excited.

Last edited by tia2013; Jan 18, 2017 at 10:53 am
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:58 am

Special Guidelines - Applicable only when you are accommodated at ‘The Airport Hotel’ in Doha:
1) Once you collect the STPC voucher from the ‘Transit Accommodation Counter’, our staff will guide you towards the Airport Hotel which is located in the Transit Premises of Hamad International Airport.

2) In order to reach the boarding gate on time for your departure flight ex Doha, we recommend you to check-out from the hotel latest by 1 hour prior to the departure time of your flight.

Special Guidelines - Applicable only when you are accommodated at a City Hotel in Doha:
1) You will require an Instant Transit Visa which will be sponsored by the airline. However the visa clearance will be subject to the instant approval from Doha Immigration (after your arrival in Doha). Therefore once you collect the STPC voucher from the ‘Transit Accommodation Counter’ of the airline, you will need to proceed to the Immigration Counters and present the STPC Voucher along with your passport for the instant visa clearance*.

2) The ‘Instant Transit Visas’ for STPC are only provided to customers holding Permanent Passports. Such Visas are not approved by Immigration for customers holding ‘Temporary Passports’ or ‘Temporary Travel Documents’ and in such circumstances, this STPC confirmation will become invalid or withdrawn.

This was what was in my conformation email,i have to say I'm confused,is the Oryx classed as an airport hotel,also from the wording in the email i don't need to do anything about the visa until i reach Doha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.