Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Matt4
Qatar Airways Stopover Package (STPC)

Note : STPC has not been available since COVID started and won't probably be available before the end of the year 2022 due to the World Cup. But you can book a StopOver hotel for a discounted price with Discover Qatar (starting at $14 for 4* and $20 for 5*) until 24th October 2022 (no later, again due to the Wolrd Cup)

•Passengers with a transit time of between 8 and 24 hours are eligible for a stopover package (STPC) in Doha, offered by Qatar Airways.
•An STPC request can be made as early as 361 days in advance, but no later than 72 hours prior to departure. The STPC is either offered complimentary or bookable at a fee.
•For group bookings, different rules apply.

I. STPC free of charge
•In cases where there are no immediate connections available between 8 and 24 hours.
•No exceptions can be given (7 hrs 59 minutes = not eligible, 24 hrs 1 minute = not eligible).
•N-class and above.
•Directional ticket value above USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•Directional ticket value is the sum of the fare paid for the journey and the Fuel surcharge (as shown on your E-ticket) divided by two.

II. STPC against a fee
•When the passenger holds a ticket in booking classes below N.
•When the passenger holds a Privilege Club redemption ticket in Economy or Business Class.
•When the directional ticket value is less than USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•USD 125 fee for Economy Class passengers.
•USD 150 fee for Business Class passengers.

III. STPC is not available if the booking includes flights to or from Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH), Dubai (DWC), Dubai (DXB), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT), Ras Al Khaimah (RKT) and Sharjah (SHJ). .
•If the passenger holds a temporary passport/travel document.
•If the passenger holds separate tickets.

IV. STPC package includes
•Hotel room for the duration of the passenger’s stay (5-star hotel for Business Class passengers / 3-star hotel for Economy Class passengers). If there is a change in the Flight Schedule and the new connection time in Doha becomes less than 8 hours then the existing hotel confirmation will become invalid.
•Temporary entry visa fee to Doha, Qatar*.
•Transfer HIA - hotel - HIA.
•Meal voucher (depends on duration of the transit).

V. To book STPC
•Update PNR with passport number and nationality (tickets need to be issued).
•Contact Qatar Airways, providing credit card number including expire date and CVC code.

VI. Different scenarios for STPC
•QR is operating an immediate connection with seats available in the desired cabin, but the passenger has booked a connection with transit time of 8-24 hours. STPC is not permitted either complimentary or against a fee.
•QR is operating an immediate connection but no seats are available in the desired cabin. If the passenger has booked a ticket on the next available connection with a transit of between 8-24 hours, STPC against payment is permitted.
•QR is not operating an immediate connection; all the connections have a transit time of between 8-24 hours. Passenger may choose any connection and receive STPC free of charge. There are reports that this may no longer be correct.
*Confirmation of your hotel at Doha does not guarantee entry into the State of Qatar. This is entirely at the discretion of the immigration authorities.

Website: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...mmodation.page

Anecdote: a code-share DOH-CMN within the 8-hour window did not disqualify me from STPC. In other words it is only QR operated flights that are used for connection time calculations.

I have STPC- What do I need to Do?
This is covered in the wiki of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...t-do-i-do.html.

How does the new Free stopover affect STPC?
QR have just launched a new free stopover policy. See http://www.qatarairways.com/english_...ease_plusqatar, http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/plusqatar.page and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...on-2017-1.html for details.
At the moment STPC sappears to be unaffected except for 'multi city' bookings. At this very early stage there is no clear practice as to who qualifies!

Updated 21-SEP-2022.
Print Wikipost

The QR STPC (stopover) policy?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by benberg2013
Was your base fare more than $400?
It was an award ticket.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
no idea as we booked with FF miles. The U code which Qatar uses was on the reservation. My guess is that the flight would have been over 400 since we were in J
AJ
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by aj411
no idea as we booked with FF miles. The U code which Qatar uses was on the reservation. My guess is that the flight would have been over 400 since we were in J
AJ
There is no base fare essentially - but fortunately they still offered you the paid for STPC. As per the wiki, you will never get free STPC on an award ticket.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
I didn't expect free but, according to the Wiki, I shouldn't have had the paid either.
I had talked to customer service a couple of times about details before I actually booked the layover hotel/visa. Different agents and different times so at least when I used the Qatar reservation number rather than the AA reservation number, the Wiki wasn't quite right
AJ
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:35 am

Programs: CX JL QR LH BA
I am booked in R (business) with transit in Doha for about 10 and a half hours (HEL-DOH-HKD).

Called and confirmed the STPC.

The guidelines only show that connection time between 8 and 24 hours at Doha in business and first class booking, no part of it mentioned R class not qualifying for this service.

Since the connection time is a bit shy of 11 hours, no meal voucher is provided for me.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 4:37 am

ashsong welcome to the QR forum.
Thanks for your comments. I have updated the Wiki to reflect your information.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 4:41 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by remdk
ashsong welcome to the QR forum.
Thanks for your comments. I have updated the Wiki to reflect your information.
Remdk,

Are you able to check whether this info is consistent with the new QR STPC Guidelines which I posted a few months ago?

I'm on mobile so searching and posting links is a faff!

Many thanks

M
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:22 am

msm2000uk it is post 1 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26750793-post1.html of the 'New QR Stopover Package Rules' I will try to update the Wiki shortly.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 12:38 am

Programs: QR,BA,EK
I have a question , If I may ask.

I contacted QR and they say that I need to pay $150 for the hotel stay.
Im on J class.
Do you know which hotel in Doha they will book for J class ?
Thank you all
Old Aug 18, 2016, 2:08 am

A380QR The usual J hotel is the Oryx Rotana which is quite close to the airport. At one point the Movenpick was also used in busy periods. What the other J hotels are I cannot remember. You can see a list of hotels available for the Stopover package on https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/qa-en/stopover/ . F and J passengers are given five star accommodation whilst Y passengers are given three star.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 3:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Anyone know why to/from RKT (where they have just 1 flight/day) is excluded from the STPC policy?
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:39 am

Lefly RKT is within a member country of the GCC (Gulf Co-operation Council) and as such does not qualify for STPC. Whilst I have absolutely no proof I suspect that it is an GCC ruling.
Many new destinations start wirh 3 or 4 flights per WEEK and build up frequency as demand permits. the same is to be expected of RKT. What would you say if QR excepted RKT from the GCC list and then at a later date when traffic had built up removed from the STPC permitted list and, rightfully, placed it on the GCC list?
Old Aug 31, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by remdk
Lefly RKT is within a member country of the GCC (Gulf Co-operation Council) and as such does not qualify for STPC. Whilst I have absolutely no proof I suspect that it is an GCC ruling.
Many new destinations start wirh 3 or 4 flights per WEEK and build up frequency as demand permits. the same is to be expected of RKT. What would you say if QR excepted RKT from the GCC list and then at a later date when traffic had built up removed from the STPC permitted list and, rightfully, placed it on the GCC list?
Thank you for the reply

I would say... that it's a change in line with the reached higher frequency

Seriously, I understand the point, it's just a bit of a bummer when you have a long night layover with no earlier connection possible
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:41 am

In case you fly business and have a 7hours stopover from 00h10 to 07h10 can they let you use the bed in the first lounge ?

thank you

Edit :

If you know to want the answer :

There are resting area in the business lounge were you can sleep.

Kind regards,

Last edited by diego454; Sep 1, 2016 at 4:19 am
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:23 am

diego454
The Al Safwa lounge has private rooms with a bed.
The Al Mourjan lounge has 'sleeping pods' with some form of recliner.
The First Class lounge is supposed to have some form for recliner in a public area.
The Business Class lounge is supposed to have some form for recliner in a public area.
Within the airport there are communal public sleeping rooms with recliners.
The Airport Hotel is open 24/7 with rooms in varying categories.

Access to Al Safwa is for QR passengers departing DOH in F or for passengers arriving in longhaul (5+ hours flying time) and connecting to another QR flight. F ONLY. No exceptions.
Al Mourjan is for passengers departing DOH in J and for passengers arriving on longhaul J and connecting to another to another QR flight. F and J ONLY. No exceptions.
The First Class lounge is available to F passengers and OWEs.
The Business Class lounge is available to J passengers and OWSs.
The public recliner rooms are available to all.

For Al Safwa nad Al Mourjan lounges staff have a waiting list for the facilities on a first come first served basis.
For both the First and Business Class lounges as well as the public recliner rooms if there is a recliner free then you can take it.

The Airport hotel is very busy and requires reservations to be made in advance.

So as the above says the answer to your question is no you cannot use the Al Safwa rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.