Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Matt4
Qatar Airways Stopover Package (STPC)

Note : STPC has not been available since COVID started and won't probably be available before the end of the year 2022 due to the World Cup. But you can book a StopOver hotel for a discounted price with Discover Qatar (starting at $14 for 4* and $20 for 5*) until 24th October 2022 (no later, again due to the Wolrd Cup)

•Passengers with a transit time of between 8 and 24 hours are eligible for a stopover package (STPC) in Doha, offered by Qatar Airways.
•An STPC request can be made as early as 361 days in advance, but no later than 72 hours prior to departure. The STPC is either offered complimentary or bookable at a fee.
•For group bookings, different rules apply.

I. STPC free of charge
•In cases where there are no immediate connections available between 8 and 24 hours.
•No exceptions can be given (7 hrs 59 minutes = not eligible, 24 hrs 1 minute = not eligible).
•N-class and above.
•Directional ticket value above USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•Directional ticket value is the sum of the fare paid for the journey and the Fuel surcharge (as shown on your E-ticket) divided by two.

II. STPC against a fee
•When the passenger holds a ticket in booking classes below N.
•When the passenger holds a Privilege Club redemption ticket in Economy or Business Class.
•When the directional ticket value is less than USD 400 (incl. YQ tax).
•USD 125 fee for Economy Class passengers.
•USD 150 fee for Business Class passengers.

III. STPC is not available if the booking includes flights to or from Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH), Dubai (DWC), Dubai (DXB), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT), Ras Al Khaimah (RKT) and Sharjah (SHJ). .
•If the passenger holds a temporary passport/travel document.
•If the passenger holds separate tickets.

IV. STPC package includes
•Hotel room for the duration of the passenger’s stay (5-star hotel for Business Class passengers / 3-star hotel for Economy Class passengers). If there is a change in the Flight Schedule and the new connection time in Doha becomes less than 8 hours then the existing hotel confirmation will become invalid.
•Temporary entry visa fee to Doha, Qatar*.
•Transfer HIA - hotel - HIA.
•Meal voucher (depends on duration of the transit).

V. To book STPC
•Update PNR with passport number and nationality (tickets need to be issued).
•Contact Qatar Airways, providing credit card number including expire date and CVC code.

VI. Different scenarios for STPC
•QR is operating an immediate connection with seats available in the desired cabin, but the passenger has booked a connection with transit time of 8-24 hours. STPC is not permitted either complimentary or against a fee.
•QR is operating an immediate connection but no seats are available in the desired cabin. If the passenger has booked a ticket on the next available connection with a transit of between 8-24 hours, STPC against payment is permitted.
•QR is not operating an immediate connection; all the connections have a transit time of between 8-24 hours. Passenger may choose any connection and receive STPC free of charge. There are reports that this may no longer be correct.
*Confirmation of your hotel at Doha does not guarantee entry into the State of Qatar. This is entirely at the discretion of the immigration authorities.

Website: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...mmodation.page

Anecdote: a code-share DOH-CMN within the 8-hour window did not disqualify me from STPC. In other words it is only QR operated flights that are used for connection time calculations.

I have STPC- What do I need to Do?
This is covered in the wiki of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...t-do-i-do.html.

How does the new Free stopover affect STPC?
QR have just launched a new free stopover policy. See http://www.qatarairways.com/english_...ease_plusqatar, http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/plusqatar.page and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...on-2017-1.html for details.
At the moment STPC sappears to be unaffected except for 'multi city' bookings. At this very early stage there is no clear practice as to who qualifies!

Updated 21-SEP-2022.
Print Wikipost

The QR STPC (stopover) policy?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by remdk
benberg2013 According to the Wiki on this thread 'Economy – “N” & above on both segments of the transit O&D (Origin and Destination) Those are N, S, V, L, G, M, K, H, B and Y'. and 'For booking classes Q, O and (for award redemptions from QR's program only) X, U and Z if there is no immediate [(< 8 hours)] [scheduled] [direct] connection on the date of departure from origin'. That means that ticket class T is excluded.
Thank you.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 6:51 pm

Programs: Eurobonus, GarudaMiles, Qmiles
Dear Flyertalk members. I need you guys advice

I will fly with QR from OSL to SIN in J class.
The flight will arrive at 23:25 and I chose 21 hours transit time.
The booking class for all legs is "I".

Am I eligible to get STPC even though there are earlier flight to SIN?
How about the paid STPC? I am an Indonesian and needs visa to enter Qatar.

Thank you so much
Old Jan 30, 2016, 9:54 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by andi1985
Dear Flyertalk members. I need you guys advice

I will fly with QR from OSL to SIN in J class.
The flight will arrive at 23:25 and I chose 21 hours transit time.
The booking class for all legs is "I".

Am I eligible to get STPC even though there are earlier flight to SIN?
How about the paid STPC? I am an Indonesian and needs visa to enter Qatar.

Thank you so much
All your needed information is answered in the Wiki at the top...

DOH-SIN runs quite frequently, and there was almost certainly a flight available with a connection time of less than 8 hours, which means you are ineligible.

You would have gotten the visa for free, IF you were eligible.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 2:05 am

Programs: Eurobonus, GarudaMiles, Qmiles
Originally Posted by sexten
All your needed information is answered in the Wiki at the top...

DOH-SIN runs quite frequently, and there was almost certainly a flight available with a connection time of less than 8 hours, which means you are ineligible.

You would have gotten the visa for free, IF you were eligible.
Thank you, Sexten
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC
My wife and I have a flight in J just over 5 weeks away and have a couple of questions:
1) Who do I contact do reserve a hotel before we travel?
2) Is 5 weeks too early to be doing this?

Thanks!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by mrvincent
My wife and I have a flight in J just over 5 weeks away and have a couple of questions:
1) Who do I contact do reserve a hotel before we travel?
2) Is 5 weeks too early to be doing this?

Thanks!
1) Any Qatar Airways Reservations office. http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/contact-us.page
2) No. Never too early.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:59 am

Thank you, BB! I called up and was all done in about 45 seconds (just waiting confirmation email). Kind of makes my questions seem a little stupid now!

Thanks for the response! ^
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by mrvincent
Thank you, BB! I called up and was all done in about 45 seconds (just waiting confirmation email). Kind of makes my questions seem a little stupid now!

Thanks for the response! ^
Actually a very good question. Also note (for others with the same question) that res needs 72 hours advance. Otherwise on arrival just go to the counter with the 'Hotels' sign, in the transit area.

Does anyone know if booking in advance is likely to score a room in the airside hotel?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JohnAx
Actually a very good question. Also note (for others with the same question) that res needs 72 hours advance. Otherwise on arrival just go to the counter with the 'Hotels' sign, in the transit area.

Does anyone know if booking in advance is likely to score a room in the airside hotel?
I ordered in advance, and when I arrived by the transfer desk, I got the Retaj Al Rayyan hotel. I asked if I could change to the Airport hotel, but he said, that since I reserved in advance, this is what has been reserved for me, and I could not change it. He said that if I would arrive and then ask there for the airport hotel, they would check then if it is available. But he also said that they don't often give the airport hotel.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:04 pm

Where/how is Retaj Al Rayyan? We've shown up a couple of times and gotten the Oryx. It's quite nice, but a good 15-minute drive from the airport. And both times the (scheduled half-hourly) shuttle back to the airport was over-filled, so be first to grab a seat, or allow an extra half-hour.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Where/how is Retaj Al Rayyan? We've shown up a couple of times and gotten the Oryx. It's quite nice, but a good 15-minute drive from the airport. And both times the (scheduled half-hourly) shuttle back to the airport was over-filled, so be first to grab a seat, or allow an extra half-hour.
Retaj Al Rayyan also 15 mins from Airport. Also a nice hotel. They both have excellent reviews on tripadvisor. The shuttle back was also very full, but everyone was able to get in.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:10 pm

I have never heard of Rayyan being offered as an STPC-hotel, are you sure it's the one? It is at least 20 minutes extra drive from the airport (each way), so if sleep is your goal I would stick with the Rotana.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sexten
I have never heard of Rayyan being offered as an STPC-hotel, are you sure it's the one? It is at least 20 minutes extra drive from the airport (each way), so if sleep is your goal I would stick with the Rotana.
100%. Just got it today. A large group of other people got it too. Yes the ride is approx 20 mins from airport.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by benberg2013
100%. Just got it today. A large group of other people got it too. Yes the ride is approx 20 mins from airport.
I'm pretty sure it has to be close to a 40 minute drive, since Oryx Rotana is a 20 minute drive and Rayyan is in the city centre
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:19 am

Got our reservation through this morning: in the Oryx Rotana.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.