Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2024, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by davidlin15
Can I arrive at DOH, go to lounge and check my hand luggage then go visit to Doha city? If I’m in airside can I still go out?
Yes, the tours walk people backwards through transit security to arrivals. People do manage to repeat that individually. Maybe talk to the lounge staff?
Old Feb 18, 2024, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yes, the tours walk people backwards through transit security to arrivals. People do manage to repeat that individually. Maybe talk to the lounge staff?
thanks I’ll ask, trying to check in my hand luggage in lounge then visit city
Old Feb 18, 2024, 7:49 pm

I would suggest not telling any airport staff that you are leaving your bags airside and heading into the city. Security types get a bit twitchy about that sort of thing.

People do what you are proposing but it is understandably not an advertised service. Alternatively there is some baggage storage at the airport metro station.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
I am 90% sure I know the answer to this, but why not ask in the "flame-free" thread? 😁 ...I have a colleague flying DFW-LHR-TLV. DFW-LHR on AA and then (since AA is not operating to TLV right now), LHR-TLV on LY. He's OWE.

Would he be allowed into the QR Premium Lounge in T4 on his OWE status, even though he is fly LY on an AA codeshare? Thanks!
Old Feb 20, 2024, 10:51 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by econometrics
I am 90% sure I know the answer to this, but why not ask in the "flame-free" thread? 😁 ...I have a colleague flying DFW-LHR-TLV. DFW-LHR on AA and then (since AA is not operating to TLV right now), LHR-TLV on LY. He's OWE.

Would he be allowed into the QR Premium Lounge in T4 on his OWE status, even though he is fly LY on an AA codeshare? Thanks!
No, unfortunately no access as not flying on a oneworld-operated flight. If your colleague is flying economy then status is also not enough so multiple reasons why access will be declined in that scenario.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
No, unfortunately no access as not flying on a oneworld-operated flight. If your colleague is flying economy then status is also not enough so multiple reasons why access will be declined in that scenario.
Thank you! This was my previous experience and understanding. But the last time I flew through T4 was pre-pandemic. So I was not sure what (if anything) had been adjusted.

Much appreciated!
Old Feb 20, 2024, 7:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Booked in Qatar J on an award ticket via AA award. Flying ktm to doh then doh to Auh. My question is they only give me an hour connection time in Doha is that going to be enough? If my initial flight is delayed will Qatar just put. E on the later flight to AUH? The flights are all on same ticket.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Red259
Booked in Qatar J on an award ticket via AA award. Flying ktm to doh then doh to Auh. My question is they only give me an hour connection time in Doha is that going to be enough? If my initial flight is delayed will Qatar just put. E on the later flight to AUH? The flights are all on same ticket.
1 hour is generally enough to connect in Doha. If you miss your connection, they will just transfer you to a later flight.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 9:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
1 hour is generally enough to connect in Doha. If you miss your connection, they will just transfer you to a later flight.
thanks already delayed in KTM by a bit so it will be tight.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 12:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver
Hello. first time on the Qatar forum ! I'm trying to book and NYC airport to SFO on AA using Avios using my Qatar Privilege account. When I search those sectors I just get a message that says "Award flights to your destination are unavailable for the next 30 days." Am I using the correct search page (I'm using the regular home page search fields?
Old Feb 22, 2024, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by sualg
Hello. first time on the Qatar forum ! I'm trying to book and NYC airport to SFO on AA using Avios using my Qatar Privilege account. When I search those sectors I just get a message that says "Award flights to your destination are unavailable for the next 30 days." Am I using the correct search page (I'm using the regular home page search fields?

You started a thread asking this question last week. You need to search using the main avios booking page (click the "spend avios" link on your member dashboard), not the partner flights page or the revenue flights search.

Qatar - Partner bookings with AA
Old Feb 22, 2024, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by KingCanute
You started a thread asking this question last week. You need to search using the main avios booking page (click the "spend avios" link on your member dashboard), not the partner flights page or the revenue flights search.

Qatar - Partner bookings with AA
Yes and when I use the main Avios booking page I get the message that says "The Award flights to your destination are unavailable for the next 30 days" Thus my question
Old Feb 22, 2024, 1:43 am

Yes and when I use the main Avios booking page I get the message that says "The Award flights to your destination are unavailable for the next 30 days" Thus my question
In the other thread you said you were using the partner flights search. And above you said you are using the home page flight search (which is for revenue bookings).

Login to your account, go to your member dashboard, scroll down to and click on "spend your avios", and enter your itinerary in the "book an award flight" search.

This is working fine, I just checked and saw non stops on both AA and AS, and even flights via London on BA.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by KingCanute
In the other thread you said you were using the partner flights search. And above you said you are using the home page flight search (which is for revenue bookings).

Login to your account, go to your member dashboard, scroll down to and click on "spend your avios", and enter your itinerary in the "book an award flight" search.

This is working fine, I just checked and saw non stops on both AA and AS, and even flights via London on BA.
I appreciate your guidance, I followed your instructions above and I still get the same result. do you see any availability from any NYC airport to SFO on the 5th Aug 2024 ?
Old Feb 22, 2024, 2:28 am

I appreciate your guidance, I followed your instructions above and I still get the same result. do you see any availability from any NYC airport to SFO on the 5th Aug 2024 ?
I can see connecting itineraries on 6th. If you are still having problems you could also try searching at BA and move the avios over to book with them. I would also suggest using specific airport codes when searching for awards (if you haven't already), rather than NYC.

At peak times like early August you may need to work harder and be a bit more flexible to find something. That could mean a different date, or a connection, or different nearby airports at either end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.