Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Jul 12, 2022, 5:52 pm

Hi all! I'm planning a trip for our fam of 4 and I'm wondering how likely additional award space is to come available? I can book 2 seats now, but I worry that 2 more award seats for the same flights (June 2023) won't come available. Do I stand a fair shot at making this happen?

Thanks!
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by junoooon
Booked through Qatar directly in economy comfort. I understand that the upgraded fare would not be entitled to complimentary AM lounge access but would I still have the option of paying for access?
In theory yes, in practical terms it will depend on the capacity of the lounge during your specific hours. It may be available for pre booking, or you will have to ask on the day.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by nebhar97
Hi all! I'm planning a trip for our fam of 4 and I'm wondering how likely additional award space is to come available? I can book 2 seats now, but I worry that 2 more award seats for the same flights (June 2023) won't come available. Do I stand a fair shot at making this happen?

Thanks!
1 year ahead... pretty good chances. I'd roll the dice.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by nebhar97
Depends on route and season. Popular routes in high season will have less chance as tickets can be sold for cash so less need to give them away for miles/avios.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 12:19 am

New chap here, wasn’t sure whether this belongs in the QR forum or the Middle East forum or elsewhere so I’ll just slide it in here (apologies if it’s not the right place).

Flew J with QR in early June 2022, MNL-LHR via DOH. After landing at DOH, I was expecting to go through the usual transit process where onward boarding passes are scanned/checked and there’s a security screening etc before I’m let loose in the general departures concourse. To my surprise, ground staff waved transiting passengers through a door in the back of the boarding pier that disgorged us straight into departures.

Is this a temporary measure due to the pandemic or something else?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 4:13 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by MNLFlyer
New chap here, wasnt sure whether this belongs in the QR forum or the Middle East forum or elsewhere so Ill just slide it in here (apologies if its not the right place).

Flew J with QR in early June 2022, MNL-LHR via DOH. After landing at DOH, I was expecting to go through the usual transit process where onward boarding passes are scanned/checked and theres a security screening etc before Im let loose in the general departures concourse. To my surprise, ground staff waved transiting passengers through a door in the back of the boarding pier that disgorged us straight into departures.

Is this a temporary measure due to the pandemic or something else?
This is normal pre-Covid as a handful of flights from certain origins are selected if transit security is full.
MNLFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:56 am

Im looking to upgrade an upcoming flight with Avios. Unfortunatly there is no Award space avaible right now, just Flexi. I heard its possible to upgrade with Avios at the airport. Where should I go at DOH to do this and will it be the normal Avios prive for the upgrade or more?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Gold
Layover in DOH

Hey, I'm going back to europe from AKL via DOH.
As I see in the app I can purchase lounge pass. I'll have 5hrs between the two flights. I don't know what would be my best option. I'm not a big 'foodie', the main thing will be take a shower.
I have a priority pass card.
Any thoughts? Use my priority pass, or just go take a shower for 15$/10min, or buy an Al Maha lounge access for 55$ or oryx for 66$?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Isn't Al Maha the priority pass option? Seems pretty obvious to just use PP to get in there.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: QAPC Gold, BAEC
Hi there. Long-term Japan resident here, needing to up my travel substantially back home to maybe four times a year on NRT - DOH - EDI or MAN.
Used to be a BA flyer but Qatar's price point looks far more realistic for me given my means. Would be traveling in Economy.
Am looking for any general hints to maximize my Privilege Club benefits, etc. on this kind of setup. I believe 4 trips a year would put me in Gold territory?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by shohmyoh; Jul 19, 2022 at 8:21 pm
Old Jul 20, 2022, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
I'm somewhat confused about my dining options.
I am flying DUB to DOH and DOH to KUL on 11 August in Business.
On the second flight I would like to eat early so I can sleep.
Will I get an email about pre choosing my food for both flights when its 14 days out and will this include a time when I would like to dine?
The one that specifically affects me is the 844 to KUL.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Stormbel
I'm somewhat confused about my dining options.
I am flying DUB to DOH and DOH to KUL on 11 August in Business.
On the second flight I would like to eat early so I can sleep.
Will I get an email about pre choosing my food for both flights when its 14 days out and will this include a time when I would like to dine?
The one that specifically affects me is the 844 to KUL.
Dine on demand, you can get the meals when you want. Just let the crew know when to get it ready for you.
Stormbel and mlqsko like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by shohmyoh
Hi there. Long-term Japan resident here, needing to up my travel substantially back home to maybe four times a year on NRT - DOH - EDI or MAN.
Used to be a BA flyer but Qatar's price point looks far more realistic for me given my means. Would be traveling in Economy.
Am looking for any general hints to maximize my Privilege Club benefits, etc. on this kind of setup. I believe 4 trips a year would put me in Gold territory?
Thanks in advance.
Use this tool https://www.qatarairways.com/en/Priv...alculator.html
shohmyoh likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
My partner's journey starts on 4th August. Business DUB-DOH. When is the menu available?
My flight is a week later and same question for the same route and the DOH-KUL leg and pre-booking. The website mentions something being available 14 days in advance but simply brings us to our bookings and that only mentions 'special meals'.

Last edited by Stormbel; Jul 23, 2022 at 5:04 am
Old Jul 23, 2022, 5:49 am

I'm seeing inconsistent availability across QR, BA, and AA. MLE-DOH-LHR is the route.

Through QR, they have award availability for a specific date. AA also has award availability for that date as well.

However, the flight doesn't show up on BA's website. There's a super long connection (14h+) so maybe this is why it's not showing up on BA?

Additionally, if I search segment by segment on QR and BA, I can find decent availability (J, multiple flights) for MLE-DOH and DOH-LHR. However, when I search combined, only one MLE-DOH-LHR route comes up and only on QR's site.

AA seems to have combined availability for all of the individual routes that show up on BA and QR.

Are those AA award tickets real and not phantom space?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.