Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2023, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by GodAtum
Please could someone confirm if the Qatar Airways Premium Lounge at Heathrow is open for Avios bought tickets? HFP seems to say only revenue tickets! I have no status.
yes definitely award tickets are revenue tickets
GodAtum likes this.
Old May 7, 2023, 5:43 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Does anyone have the current menus for the Heathrow Premium Lounge?
Old May 7, 2023, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GodAtum
Please could someone confirm if the Qatar Airways Premium Lounge at Heathrow is open for Avios bought tickets? HFP seems to say only revenue tickets! I have no status.
Originally Posted by Jason Sanderson
It is a bit interesting though, if you look at Qatar's homepage, the AM lounges in Doha says business class or higher for access, the London lounge says the same with the caveat that "ticketed revenue customers only" have access. Whatever that actually means. But there is a difference in the listing.

This is not a technical discussion of various kinds of revenue, but what QR means with how they write it.
Old May 7, 2023, 11:37 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is a bit interesting though, if you look at Qatar's homepage, the AM lounges in Doha says business class or higher for access, the London lounge says the same with the caveat that "ticketed revenue customers only" have access. Whatever that actually means. But there is a difference in the listing.

This is not a technical discussion of various kinds of revenue, but what QR means with how they write it.
Yes, have also noticed this but the language has been this way for a long time. I think this was written not long after the new LHR premium lounge opened and at that time Al Mourjan and Al Safwa had more lenient access rules (e.g. upgrades with Qcredits gave access), whilst the premium outstation lounges were strictly J or F tickets only and you wouldn’t get in if you were on an upgraded Y ticket. I guess it still applies in the sense you can’t pay for access like you can in DOH.
Old May 8, 2023, 12:30 am

Not on flyertalk they aren't IME.
Old May 8, 2023, 5:38 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
So I'm getting mixed messages about whether Avios tickets can use the Heathrow Premium Lounge?

Also how busy can I expect the Doha Business lounge to be (between 1710 to 1950 and 1220 to 1640). Apparently they are the off-peak times.

On a 777 Qsuites, is the forward cabin or rear cabin preferred? The rear cabin looks more intimate with less seats?

Last edited by GodAtum; May 8, 2023 at 5:59 am
Old May 8, 2023, 7:56 pm

Does anyone know how often Qatar has the "50% extra miles" when buying miles? I see they have a sale going now through May 11th and I was wondering what the frequency of these types of sales are. Thanks
Old May 9, 2023, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by phuket_j
Does anyone know how often Qatar has the "50% extra miles" when buying miles? I see they have a sale going now through May 11th and I was wondering what the frequency of these types of sales are. Thanks
I can't recall seeing one before. I had a quick look at the prices the other day. If you have a BA Executive Club account and are able to pay in GBP, their sales are quite regular and priced better. You can then transfer the avios over to QR. But your account may need to based in the UK to get the most from that.

Another option if you have flown recently is to look at your QRPC dashboard to see if there is an avios boost banner. This will let you buy 1-3 times the avios awarded on your recent flight, it says at a discount. But again it is worth comparing with the regular and sale rates for buying avios at both QR and BA to see which works better for you.
phuket_j likes this.
Old May 9, 2023, 3:45 am

Programs: QR PC, BA EC, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by KingCanute
Another option if you have flown recently is to look at your QRPC dashboard to see if there is an avios boost banner. This will let you buy 1-3 times the avios awarded on your recent flight, it says at a discount. But again it is worth comparing with the regular and sale rates for buying avios at both QR and BA to see which works better for you.
I've calculated and found that the Avios boost is marginally cheaper than the current 50% extra Avios promotion, and it's possible that buying Avios through BAEC might be cheaper when they have promotion. Still, I personally think it's not worth buying Avios for upgrades / award tickets, if that's what you're after, but others may have different views of course.
Old May 9, 2023, 3:48 am

Are F Upgrade award inventory the same as the regular F award inventory? IE if I see there is F award availability, can I buy a J ticket and be assured that I can upgrade it to F?
Old May 9, 2023, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by billy.f
I've calculated and found that the Avios boost is marginally cheaper than the current 50% extra Avios promotion, and it's possible that buying Avios through BAEC might be cheaper when they have promotion. Still, I personally think it's not worth buying Avios for upgrades / award tickets, if that's what you're after, but others may have different views of course.
The avios boost info is helpful, thanks. Generally speaking, I would agree that buying points isn't usually great value. But if you need a small amount to top up and reach a reward maybe it's worth it. Also, if you need a one way ticket in J or F, I have often found buying avios in a BA sale to be significantly cheaper than buying a one way cash ticket. That is amplified with fares as they are currently. Now not everyone needs one way tickets of course, and you also need to value the tier points and avios not earned by booking a reward rather than paying cash. But it can be worth spending a little time looking at the available options, sometimes there are sweet spots for your own travel needs
Old May 9, 2023, 11:50 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ruedela
Does anyone know, which is the current hotel provided by Qatar airways during STPC? (Traveling on economy class)
Got the oryx garden hotel
Old May 10, 2023, 3:07 am

The avios boost info is helpful, thanks. Generally speaking, I would agree that buying points isn't usually great value. But if you need a small amount to top up and reach a reward maybe it's worth it. Also, if you need a one way ticket in J or F, I have often found buying avios in a BA sale to be significantly cheaper than buying a one way cash ticket. That is amplified with fares as they are currently. Now not everyone needs one way tickets of course, and you also need to value the tier points and avios not earned by booking a reward rather than paying cash. But it can be worth spending a little time looking at the available options, sometimes there are sweet spots for your own travel needs
Cash return business LHR-SYD £8k
buy 180k points £2k fees £600 it’s a no brainier
or first cash £12k
points £3k £600 fess
Old May 10, 2023, 3:34 am

Cash return business LHR-SYD £8k
buy 180k points £2k fees £600 it’s a no brainier
or first cash £12k
points £3k £600 fess
Yes, that's a good example, with the proviso of course *subject to redemption availability
mlqsko likes this.
Old May 10, 2023, 5:07 am

Yes, that's a good example, with the proviso of course *subject to redemption availability
And *passenger flexibility
KingCanute likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.