Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: *G on UA, LuV
Thank you very much, the check in counter staff said that the lounges at LAX were closed, however, once I checked in, i headed over to the Admiral's Club and relaxed a bit iin T4.

A follow up Q: Is the Mumbai lounge open during these covid days? and

Do I have any access to the Al Safwa lounge with by Biz class seat (fare bucket D) or am I restricted to the Al Mourjan lounge? Flying BOM-DOH-LAX
Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LAHIKER
Thank you very much, the check in counter staff said that the lounges at LAX were closed, however, once I checked in, i headed over to the Admiral's Club and relaxed a bit iin T4.

A follow up Q: Is the Mumbai lounge open during these covid days? and

Do I have any access to the Al Safwa lounge with by Biz class seat (fare bucket D) or am I restricted to the Al Mourjan lounge? Flying BOM-DOH-LAX
Business class gives access to the Al Mourjan. Once it reopens, you can pay to get to enter the Al Safwa lounge.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:45 am

Programs: *G on UA, LuV
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Business class gives access to the Al Mourjan. Once it reopens, you can pay to get to enter the Al Safwa lounge.
Thank you for your kindness in sharing and responding to newbie questions!
Old Aug 26, 2021, 1:25 pm

One PNR with multiple *A and QR flights.

FF# in PNR is from *A partner.

For the QR flights in same PNR, at DOH will QR transfer desk, lounge or gate agent be able to enter QRPC FF # only for QR flights?
Old Aug 31, 2021, 1:38 am

for Qmiles redemption

does anyone know if you can redeem mixed QR and OW partner flights?
i cant seem to get it to work, so does it only work for a single carrier at a time (either QR or OW partner, but not mixed)?
for example. LHR-DOH-HKG-XXX
where XXX is a destination Cathay Pacific flies to but QR doesnt

secondly, i cant seem to see any benefit of mixing cabins for QR
for example. LHR-DOH-HKG, where LHR-DOH is business and DOH-HKG is economy.
the mileage recalculated is not prorated proportionally, and sometimes equal to as if it's all business
is that consistent with everyone's observation?
Old Aug 31, 2021, 2:10 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Lounge options in JNB? Any info on hours of check-in counter?
Old Sep 1, 2021, 5:57 am

do you get Qmiles immediately back in your account once award booking is cancelled? or do you have to wait a few days?

(phone csr says it takes one week to show up but i think that's just a conservative assumption. more interested in knowing what happen in practice)
Old Sep 1, 2021, 2:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat,
110% Voucher - cancel and rebook.

Hi,

I have booked a flight from AMS to DPS in Q1 next year.
I am based in UK, but flight from LHR was a lot more expensive than from AMS.
With the 110% voucher, would it be possible to make a number of cancellation, so that my value increases and then I can eventually book the flight from LHR ?

i.e £4k cancel get £4.4k, then rebook, cancel and then get £4.85k and so on, or is that a bit risky?
Old Sep 1, 2021, 4:32 pm

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
As freshly minted QR Platinum I need some advice on using Qcredits for upgrades.
As of current moment is it possible to waitlist the upgrades if they are not available instantly online?
Also, if there's upgrade for XXX-DOH-ZZZ trip first segment, if later 2nd segment becomes available, do they apply per segment upgrade qcredits price or the XXX-DOH-ZZZ price, which seems to be cheaper (42 vs 61 credits).

Can Qcredits be used also by a family member or they are exclusively for account holder's personal trips only?

The first calls I had with QR Platinum line were responded by agents who seemed to know nothing.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 7:48 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by HighFlyer1979
i.e £4k cancel get £4.4k, then rebook, cancel and then get £4.85k and so on, or is that a bit risky?
Your refund of flight bought with voucher, if cancelled, will be 100% of original flight value, not 110%.
The extra 10% goes toward purchase of QR flight only.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 8:35 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Fims
As freshly minted QR Platinum I need some advice on using Qcredits for upgrades.
As of current moment is it possible to waitlist the upgrades if they are not available instantly online?
Also, if there's upgrade for XXX-DOH-ZZZ trip first segment, if later 2nd segment becomes available, do they apply per segment upgrade qcredits price or the XXX-DOH-ZZZ price, which seems to be cheaper (42 vs 61 credits).

Can Qcredits be used also by a family member or they are exclusively for account holder's personal trips only?

The first calls I had with QR Platinum line were responded by agents who seemed to know nothing.
1. No
2. Upgrades are always done per segment.
3. Qcredits are non-transferrable but I believe you can use it for others on the same booking.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 11:55 pm

Sorry I am a bit confused.

I thought that you got a voucher for 110% of the value.

THen I can rebook a flight on QR etc each time - is that not correct?
Old Sep 2, 2021, 3:59 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Sorry I am a bit confused.

I thought that you got a voucher for 110% of the value.

THen I can rebook a flight on QR etc each time - is that not correct?
No. You cancel and rebook and cancel 100 times you end up with the same amount that you originally paid. As stated, the additional 10% is for QR flights only.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by LukeO9
No. You cancel and rebook and cancel 100 times you end up with the same amount that you originally paid. As stated, the additional 10% is for QR flights only.
I am still confused - what do you mean by its for QR flights only.
I have a QR flight from AMS to DPS return.
If I cancel that, take a voucher and rebook another QR flight, is my voucher not for 110% of the original value ?
Old Sep 3, 2021, 2:32 am

If I cancel that, take a voucher and rebook another QR flight, is my voucher not for 110% of the original value ?
Yes, but one 10% uplift only. On any subsequent cancelations QR will see that a 110% voucher was used and refund 100% cash or re-issue a voucher with the same value.

I'm sure you didn't really expect multiple 10% uplifts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.