Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2021, 5:31 am

Thanks for that. It is what I thought although somewhat different to other locations such as Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Cairo to name just a few.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 6:59 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Obruni Boy
I have an onward leg with an R Business ticket with no lounge access at Doha. It's only a 3 hour layover so a couple of beers and a sandwich will do me fine. I know I can buy Oryx or lounge access but is there a simple bar/ pub in Doha airport. Looking around on the outbound journey I got he impression there is no such place for alcohol.
Originally Posted by realgaga
There are no bars or pubs in the terminal as the State of Qatar is a Muslim country and alcohol is strictly regulated.
I believe you can get a beer at the Caviar House & Prunier. Never actually sat down there but that's my recollection
Obruni Boy likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Unless you are arriving from Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka or Vietnam, The State of Qatar and Qatar Airways doesn't have any test requirement for transit passengers. You would only need to meet the requirements of your final destination if you aren't arriving from the 7 countries listed above.
Can you please show me the reference indicating the obligation of a test transiting from Sri Lanka to Europe?
Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2021, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by docsxx
Can you please show me the reference indicating the obligation of a test transiting from Sri Lanka to Europe?
Thanks!
The post you quoted was written by myself 2 months ago and border rules have changed multiple times since then.
That post doesn't reflect the current climate as the State of Qatar has removed the PCR test requirement for transit passengers arriving from the aforementioned countries.
docsxx likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by Obruni Boy
I have an onward leg with an R Business ticket with no lounge access at Doha. It's only a 3 hour layover so a couple of beers and a sandwich will do me fine. I know I can buy Oryx or lounge access but is there a simple bar/ pub in Doha airport. Looking around on the outbound journey I got he impression there is no such place for alcohol.
R tickets now include lounge access, retrospectively.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 10:33 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Is there a way to book a QR award using QR pts with a mixed cabin and not paying 2x?

For example:
MLE-DOH has J space
DOH-DXB has Y space

But when I search for MLE-DXB, that option pulls up as 2x pts.
When I try multi-city, I can select both segments, but it doesn't take me to the payment page, just back to the calendar.

Also, does QR open up F space (DOH-DXB) closer to the travel date?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 1:36 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I see several flights available for J redemption with qmiles for 2 adults on various days, however when I select 2 adults and one lap infant, the availability is no longer there, for any flight. How can that be since the infant will not occupy a seat? Is this some kind of QR rule that does not allow J mileage redemptions with infants and everything is blocked off?

I am assuming I could go around the problem by booking the J redemption for 2 adults then add an infant lap after the fact to the newly created booking? Or would that be a no-go as well?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by LukeO9
R tickets now include lounge access, retrospectively.
Thanks for that. New information for me but looking at the details I think that will come into effect from 4th October. As I am flying next week I believe it will still be paid entry to the Oryx Lounge for me.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 5:20 am

Ticketing direct with QR vs Chase Ultimate Rewards

I am planning to book two tickets in business on QR (IAD-DEL and IAD-GOI) departing September 30th. Does it make any difference if the tickets are purchase directly on Qatarairways.com or through Chase Ultimate Rewards? The major point that comes to mind is QR's flexibility policy. There could be other factors that I am not thinking about that some of you more experienced travelers know?
Thank you.

Last edited by satish_ny; Sep 10, 2021 at 2:00 pm Reason: Typo
Old Sep 10, 2021, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by satish_ny
I am planning to book two tickets in business on QR (IAD-DEL and IAD-GOI) departing September 30th. Does it make any difference if the tickets are purchase directly on Qatarairways.com or through Chase Ultimate Rewards? The major point that comes to mind is QR's flexibility policy. There could be other factors that I am not thinking about that some of you more experienced travelers know?
Thank you.
Book directly with QR. If you book through a 3rd party, such as Chase, you will have to go through them if you need to make any changes to your booking. Sometimes that can be quite problematic.
satish_ny likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by B747forever
Book directly with QR. If you book through a 3rd party, such as Chase, you will have to go through them if you need to make any changes to your booking. Sometimes that can be quite problematic.
Thank you, B747forever!
Old Sep 13, 2021, 4:43 pm

Programs: Hillton Lifetime DM, Delta DM MM
Do Qpoint biz class awards typically open up as time goes on?

I have been trying to get KGL-DOH-MLE in late June 2022. There is availability in May up to June 8th, and then again in mid and late July. But the 6 week span of June 9th on has 0 availability. Curious if anyone has info on if these seats usually open up as time goes on, or is it likely theses will not become available? Thanks for any info.
Tootalltraveler
Old Sep 14, 2021, 6:30 am

QR cancelled by flight

I was booked IAD-DOH-GOI on September 30th. I received an email from QR an hour ago with the subject "QATAR AIRWAYS – Flight Cancellation Notice".

Dear Valued Customer,

We are reaching out to inform you that unfortunately, the flight mentioned below has been cancelled due to operational reasons and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
<Itinerary details>
You can benefit from our flexible re-booking policy and change your travel date or destination free of charge within the same booking class (fare difference will apply). Or request a refund for the value of your ticket to the original form of payment with no penalties or refund fees.*

I bought the ticket on Qatarairways.com. When I go to Manage Booking and choose Change Flight, I get this message:

As your flight wasn't booked directly with us, you will need to make any changes via the party that booked it. Book directly with us next time and get access to our complete suite of trip management tools.
Anyone know what the best way to handle this is?

Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by satish_ny
I was booked IAD-DOH-GOI on September 30th. I received an email from QR an hour ago with the subject "QATAR AIRWAYS – Flight Cancellation Notice".

Dear Valued Customer,

We are reaching out to inform you that unfortunately, the flight mentioned below has been cancelled due to operational reasons and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
<Itinerary details>
You can benefit from our flexible re-booking policy and change your travel date or destination free of charge within the same booking class (fare difference will apply). Or request a refund for the value of your ticket to the original form of payment with no penalties or refund fees.*

I bought the ticket on Qatarairways.com. When I go to Manage Booking and choose Change Flight, I get this message:

As your flight wasn't booked directly with us, you will need to make any changes via the party that booked it. Book directly with us next time and get access to our complete suite of trip management tools.
Anyone know what the best way to handle this is?

Thanks.
The best way to handle this is to call Qatar Airways and perform any further actions that you wish to do on the phone with them.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 7:25 am

Thank you ISTFlyer!

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The best way to handle this is to call Qatar Airways and perform any further actions that you wish to do on the phone with them.
Thank you for your prompt reply ISTFlyer!
ISTFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.