Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2021, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Hi, is it possible to Qatar award tickets through their website or app without having a Qmiles balance? The app keeps giving me that error when I try to search award seats and the website is buggy as well and won't let me toggle the "book using miles" button
Old Jul 17, 2021, 12:59 am

Does anyone have recent experience of how long it takes for AY (Finnair) marketed and operated flights to be credited to QR? I've seen various reports from 2 days to never, to various other OW airlines, but almost all were pre-covid so wonder how things were happening now.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 2:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by ft101
Does anyone have recent experience of how long it takes for AY (Finnair) marketed and operated flights to be credited to QR? I've seen various reports from 2 days to never, to various other OW airlines, but almost all were pre-covid so wonder how things were happening now.
It's been a bit slow for a lot of airlines during this time as most airlines cut down on staff in general. It won't hurt to email and or call them to given them a little push.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 7:31 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by ft101
If there's nothing after 2 weeks, submit a 'claim missing Qmiles' request. Remember you have to retain your boarding pass.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
When QR did their status extensions last year and this, did they also do anything regarding the expiry of qcredits, or is it just tough luck if one has expiring qcredits and cannot use then due to the current situation?
Stil likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by a9504477
When QR did their status extensions last year and this, did they also do anything regarding the expiry of qcredits, or is it just tough luck if one has expiring qcredits and cannot use then due to the current situation?
+1 I have the same problem and it`s highly unlikely I´ll be able to use them before expiration. If QR hasen`t made adjustments to it, is there a work around?
Old Jul 23, 2021, 11:04 pm

I am on QR899 end of August, AKL to eventually VIE; leaving AKL, ticket says there's a "technical stop" in Brisbane of 1hr45. I'm not sure whether we stay on the plane, or whether we might get into a TRANSIT situation bringing on Australian Covid requirements. Thank you
Old Jul 23, 2021, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by Champenois
I am on QR899 end of August, AKL to eventually VIE; leaving AKL, ticket says there's a "technical stop" in Brisbane of 1hr45. I'm not sure whether we stay on the plane, or whether we might get into a TRANSIT situation bringing on Australian Covid requirements. Thank you
Old Jul 23, 2021, 11:14 pm

Thank you for the reply, I've read that and everything else I can find.

Is a "technical stop" another terminology for "Transit" ?
Old Jul 23, 2021, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Champenois

Is a "technical stop" another terminology for "Transit" ?
No. A technical stop means a stop the aircraft has to take, usually for refuelling. Transit means the passenger has to change their flight at the location.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 10:52 pm

Programs: QF Silver
In early September I'm flying MEL-DOH-GRU in J, with 95 minutes between my flights (arrive 05:55, depart 07:30). I've never been to the Doha airport before. What's the chance of having time for a quick shower in the lounge at that time of day? Thanks
Old Jul 24, 2021, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Ms_KH
In early September I'm flying MEL-DOH-GRU in J, with 95 minutes between my flights (arrive 05:55, depart 07:30). I've never been to the Doha airport before. What's the chance of having time for a quick shower in the lounge at that time of day? Thanks
Not good, but not impossible. That time of day is normally the most busy in terms of shower waiting time, though the lounge is less busy now than pre pandemic. They do try to prioritise people based time for departing flight.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 11:53 pm

Programs: QF Silver
Thanks CPH-Flyer. I'll move quickly and hope for the best Not super keen to do back to back 14 hour flights without a shower!
Old Jul 25, 2021, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
In addition to CPH-Flyer , I have seen DOH lounge agents politely refusing entry for those passengers whose boarding would almost start.
It didn't happen to me but I eye-witnessed several cases where the lounge agents told others that "You would need to go to your gate as boarding for your flight would start in x minutes."

The MEL-DOH flight might make up time in the air and arrive early so you might have a shot for a shower but you might also not have time.
Ms_KH likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 3:51 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
I have booked HEL-DOH-HEL and DOH-MLE-DOH using Finnair points in QR business class. Reservation code U for both sets. Onwards 1 hour 5 minutes connection and return about 9 hour connection. We are both AY Plat's. I wonder:
1) why the baggage limit between HEL and DOH is 40 kg but DOH and MLE only 20 kg? Would that be affected by emerald status? Not planning to take more than 20 kg, though, as that is the limit for the MLE - Conrad seaplane transfer.
2) is the connection time onwards enough?
3) is there any lounge access on return to spend the hours or perhaps a hotel room from airside?
4) what is the likelihood of BusinessSuites on 789 between HEL and DOH?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.