Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2021, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ft101
JL31/32 was a flight pair to/from Haneda but doesn't seem to be running now, only JL33/34. I saw the 2.5 hour reference on the JL site, but it also referred to JL32 so I'm not sure how up to date it is. I'll hopefully find out next week. Thanks.
The lounge is open 2.5 hours before 708, and normally until the departure of JL32, though that is currently suspended. JL708 departs Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays in July.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Can fare class be changed (i.e. R to I) online?
Old Jul 3, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by LukeO9
Can fare class be changed (i.e. R to I) online?
Yes, by selecting Business Comfort instead of Business Classic.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 5:09 am

Since AA no longer lists QR flights, what's the current best way to book QR using AA miles? Thanks.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by milty908
Since AA no longer lists QR flights, what's the current best way to book QR using AA miles? Thanks.
JAL is a good way to search, then call AA to book.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 10:47 am

hello. i cancelled my business flight jfk-nbo-sez-ord because the business tickets out of chicago are finally a reasonable price. if i were to book the outbound flight ord-nbo as business comfort (class D) and the return as economy (class O), could I possibly get the option to upgrade to business on the way back? Or should I select economy (class S) for a better chance? Or suck it up and pay the $700 difference for all business class flight segments?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Wanderwithme
hello. i cancelled my business flight jfk-nbo-sez-ord because the business tickets out of chicago are finally a reasonable price. if i were to book the outbound flight ord-nbo as business comfort (class D) and the return as economy (class O), could I possibly get the option to upgrade to business on the way back? Or should I select economy (class S) for a better chance? Or suck it up and pay the $700 difference for all business class flight segments?
Your fare bucket in Economy does not matter in terms of paid upgrade chances. However, based on my experience, the paid upgrade fee would be much higher $700 for both NBO-DOH & DOH-ORD so it's better to pay in advance.
Wanderwithme likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 5:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
Quick question regarding R "basic" biz-class fares OneWorld Ruby Status: If I book a large party (6 pax, 2 adults and 4 kids) will my OW Ruby status let me pre-select seats for the entire party?

I know the OneWorld site lists "Access to preferred or pre-reserved seating*" as a Ruby benefit, but I'm not sure what that practically means (if anything) with R fares on Qatar.

Followup question: is there any indication or informed speculation whether or not R-class will affect stopover hotel benefits if/when those come back?

Last edited by atourgates; Jul 5, 2021 at 5:16 pm
Old Jul 5, 2021, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by atourgates
Quick question regarding R "basic" biz-class fares OneWorld Ruby Status: If I book a large party (6 pax, 2 adults and 4 kids) will my OW Ruby status let me pre-select seats for the entire party?

I know the OneWorld site lists "Access to preferred or pre-reserved seating*" as a Ruby benefit, but I'm not sure what that practically means (if anything) with R fares on Qatar.

Followup question: is there any indication or informed speculation whether or not R-class will affect stopover hotel benefits if/when those come back?
OWR or QR Silver status does not get free seat selection for R. Details in the thread below
QR unbundles business class with new R fares
atourgates likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
OWR or QR Silver status does not get free seat selection for R. Details in the thread below
QR unbundles business class with new R fares
Thank you!

The chart in that thread seems to suggest it might be possible to pay to select seats on R fares? Is this accurate, and is there a way to find out what those fees might be?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Thank you!

The chart in that thread seems to suggest it might be possible to pay to select seats on R fares? Is this accurate, and is there a way to find out what those fees might be?
Yes, the chart is accurate and reflects the current situation.
Seat fees differ from route to route. You could try doing a dummy booking to check out seat fees.
On some occasions, it might be cheaper to pay for Business Comfort as selecting seats for all flights + lounge access might justify the costs.

For your follow up question in your earlier post regarding stopovers, we still don't have information.
atourgates likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, the chart is accurate and reflects the current situation.
Seat fees differ from route to route. You could try doing a dummy booking to check out seat fees.
On some occasions, it might be cheaper to pay for Business Comfort as selecting seats for all flights + lounge access might justify the costs.

For your follow up question in your earlier post regarding stopovers, we still don't have information.
Sorry, I know I’m really putting the “newbie” in “newbie lounge” - but how do I do a dummy booking?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, I know I’m really putting the “newbie” in “newbie lounge” - but how do I do a dummy booking?
This is a very newbie question but it's fine

Just start doing a booking, go through every step until where you enter your credit card.
There would be a stage where you would be able to select seats and check the prices for each seat assignment.

The seat assignment section is before the payment one so just close the browser when you're done checking seat fees. Do not enter your credit card details.
atourgates likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
This is a very newbie question but it's fine

Just start doing a booking, go through every step until where you enter your credit card.
There would be a stage where you would be able to select seats and check the prices for each seat assignment.

The seat assignment section is before the payment one so just close the browser when you're done checking seat fees. Do not enter your credit card details.
Thanks so much.

Just as a datapoint for anyone else who comes across this:

The per-seat fee was $140 on the SFO -> DOH leg of our flights, and $120 on the DOH to CPT leg. Total of $520/pax. The buyup from Classic to Comfort was about $260/pax! So, I guess we're going Comfort.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 2:18 am

Not able to access routes on JAL, the site won't even let me put in the airport code.

Any problem with just searching on QR site then calling AA? AA manual booking will charge a booking fee?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.