Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Feb 23, 2024, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Searching upgrade availability

Good evening: I bring humble greetings from your brothers and sisters in the AA forum, and thank you in advance for your assistance.

I've found an Economy itinerary on both the AA and QR websites that is attractive in price, and would like to upgrade to Business using either AA miles or Avios. (The flights are QR-operated, but marketed by both airlines). Can I determine whether there is upgrade space available on a particular QR flight before I purchase my ticket, and if so how? I have access to Expert Flyer, but they do not seem to include QR in their awards and upgrade search. And happy to use tools other than EF as well . . .
Old Feb 23, 2024, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
Can I determine whether there is upgrade space available on a particular QR flight before I purchase my ticket, and if so how?
Search for a Business Class reward at regular mileage cost (not 2x). If you see that then an upgrade is also available as they both come out of the "U" bucket.
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 9:35 am

Programs: AY+ Plat / OWE, SQ KrisFlyer, KQ Plat / ST Elite Plus, BT VIP
I'm looking to book HEL-DOH in Economy (AY metal). I believe I should be able to choose Premium Economy seats when I book it through QR, any info does fare type matter? Can I just book the cheapest?
Old Feb 24, 2024, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Purserin painajainen
I'm looking to book HEL-DOH in Economy (AY metal). I believe I should be able to choose Premium Economy seats when I book it through QR, any info does fare type matter? Can I just book the cheapest?
I believe you need status as well. At least initially on the ex-CX 77W that was the case. But QR likes to shuffle unwritten rules...
Old Feb 24, 2024, 11:10 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat / OWE, SQ KrisFlyer, KQ Plat / ST Elite Plus, BT VIP
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I believe you need status as well. At least initially on the ex-CX 77W that was the case. But QR likes to shuffle unwritten rules...
Status with QR or is OW enough? The booking process is rather annoying in its own right as I'm not given a seat selection option at any point to check if some seats are out of bounds for a particular fare type. This might be due to AY metal of course, but I wouldn't want to buy a pig in a poke.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 9:02 am

R fare seat selection

I understand as OWS I am able to get a free seat selection at booking but does that privilege extend to my 4 other companions with low/no status? We will be on a single PNR. TIA
Old Feb 25, 2024, 11:20 am

Question Layover rules

First time with QR. I found there are nice options for layover, but trying to find answers led to more questions. Transit pax have the option of staying at a hotel free/reduced rates. I think I read up to 72 hours? If a person opted to change a 9-hour layover into a couple days would that still be considered a layover? The longest layover I find are 9-15 hours, but they cover the middle of the night so I would be able to visit anything. Meaning a transit visa with discounted room rates?

I also think I saw it depends on the flight, excluding flights booked with avios miles. So what flights are acceptable.

Sorry if I posted this incorrectly.

I am looking at SEA-DOH-CMB.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 2:03 pm

Hi All

I moved up to Silver status in December working my way to Gold and trying to find out how the lounge system works for the privilege club.

I'm based in Ireland so whenever I take off I want to use the lounge that starts from here and each stop on the way. Can I only access Qatar loungers it if I'm flying with a QR ticket or can I use them when flying with any other airline like Ryanair/ British airways/ Japan Airlines and same for returns?

Also is there an annual limit for passes?
Old Feb 25, 2024, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hi everyone. I have a booking on QR using BA flight numbers from 23 July. I have not able to select seats online for a few days despite having a ticket number so today I called QR. The agent was able to book seats on 3/4 legs but not the ex-LHR one as he said "it is under airport control" - I said what can be done and he said nothing, just turn up at the airport as normal. Seems a bit odd to me - any advice ?
Old Feb 25, 2024, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Calm down dear
Hi everyone. I have a booking on QR using BA flight numbers from 23 July. I have not able to select seats online for a few days despite having a ticket number so today I called QR. The agent was able to book seats on 3/4 legs but not the ex-LHR one as he said "it is under airport control" - I said what can be done and he said nothing, just turn up at the airport as normal. Seems a bit odd to me - any advice ?
Codeshare flights are sometimes weird that way. Try to call BA. But it may be that the seats available for selection under the BA code are gone. But as marketing carrier, BA should be able to assign them.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Dawie
Hi All

I moved up to Silver status in December working my way to Gold and trying to find out how the lounge system works for the privilege club.

I'm based in Ireland so whenever I take off I want to use the lounge that starts from here and each stop on the way. Can I only access Qatar loungers it if I'm flying with a QR ticket or can I use them when flying with any other airline like Ryanair/ British airways/ Japan Airlines and same for returns?

Also is there an annual limit for passes?
Dawie, welcome to flyertalk.
As a QRPC Silver, specifically as it relates to lounge access, you cannot access any lounge while traveling on another one world airline. Lounge access where available is specific to travel via Qatar. For most outstations (outside of DOH) Qatar may use a contract lounge which provides access to their Silver members. At DOH you have access to the Silver lounge by gate B1. Note that this privilege is only applicable to you, meaning you cannot guest anyone. This is except at DOH where you get (I believe) two annual lounge passes to guest whomever you wish.
This site albeit not upto date and hence not entirely reliable is your source for accessibility.
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/lounges/worldwide.html
This changes when you achieve QR Gold status which entitles you to Oneworld lounge privileges.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by yannix
I understand as OWS I am able to get a free seat selection at booking but does that privilege extend to my 4 other companions with low/no status? We will be on a single PNR. TIA
Yes. We've booked R fares for 4 passengers on a single PNR and one of us is OWE (the other 3 with no status) and we were able to select seats for all at no charge.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Purserin painajainen
Status with QR or is OW enough? The booking process is rather annoying in its own right as I'm not given a seat selection option at any point to check if some seats are out of bounds for a particular fare type. This might be due to AY metal of course, but I wouldn't want to buy a pig in a poke.
OW is enough. Works for JAL members
Old Feb 26, 2024, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by saveri
Dawie, welcome to flyertalk.
As a QRPC Silver, specifically as it relates to lounge access, you cannot access any lounge while traveling on another one world airline. Lounge access where available is specific to travel via Qatar. For most outstations (outside of DOH) Qatar may use a contract lounge which provides access to their Silver members. At DOH you have access to the Silver lounge by gate B1. Note that this privilege is only applicable to you, meaning you cannot guest anyone. This is except at DOH where you get (I believe) two annual lounge passes to guest whomever you wish.
This site albeit not upto date and hence not entirely reliable is your source for accessibility.

This changes when you achieve QR Gold status which entitles you to Oneworld lounge privileges.
Ok great thanks for the help, that helps avoid arriving early and just expecting to enter. So it doesn't act like something like a lounge pass when you can just access the contracted lounges anytime, its has to be only on the way to Qatar. It would be a bit abusive otherwise.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:17 pm

Hi,

Could someone please recommend me a good seat on 777-300ER (Type 7D1)?
Here is the aerolopa url: aerolopa.com/qr-7d1 (can't post links yet)

I am flying economy class and the flight is booking up, I'd love a good window seat!

I was thinking either at the front (paid preferred seat), row 22 or 23.
Or behind the wings row 36.

I'm just not sure if these are too close to the toilets and galley and will be noisy/busy as a result!

Any advice greatly appreciated!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.