Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2022, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jsimon926
I'm seeing inconsistent availability across QR, BA, and AA. MLE-DOH-LHR is the route.

Through QR, they have award availability for a specific date. AA also has award availability for that date as well.

However, the flight doesn't show up on BA's website. There's a super long connection (14h+) so maybe this is why it's not showing up on BA?

Additionally, if I search segment by segment on QR and BA, I can find decent availability (J, multiple flights) for MLE-DOH and DOH-LHR. However, when I search combined, only one MLE-DOH-LHR route comes up and only on QR's site.

AA seems to have combined availability for all of the individual routes that show up on BA and QR.

Are those AA award tickets real and not phantom space?
Seems there is an issue with the married segments? Though generally, my experience is that AA is fairly good at showing real availability on QR. I use AA to search and then book via JAL usually. Never had an issue with booking what I found on AA.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Seems there is an issue with the married segments?
I guess this is it. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with this specific route. MLE in June/July is off-season, so I'm not really sure why there are issues with award availability.

For example: On June 17th, 2023, AA has multiple married segment award availabilities. QR has 4 married segments (same DOH-LHR, different MLE-DOH), but all individual legs available (compared to AA). BA has no married segments (doesn't even list the QR married segment as an option), no MLE-DOH segments, and the same DOH-LHR segments available (as AA and QR).

It seems as though AA is searching for individual segment partner availability and combining them into married segments. This matches QR award space. However, QR hasn't released partner availability on MLE-DOH (from BA perspective).

I guess I'll find out for sure once I book the AA award.

EDIT: I'm dumb. The AA MLE-DOH leg was Y.

Last edited by jsimon926; Jul 23, 2022 at 8:00 am Reason: mistake
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I’ve linked my BAEC and Privilege Club accounts and have c300k Avios. I’m hoping to fly to Muscat with QR in November, return J class is around £4k. I’d like to use cash & Avios but I can’t find info on minimum Avios I’d need and the option didn’t appear when I tried a dummy booking even though I was logged into my PC account. Grateful for any info as this will be my first time booking direct with QR, long time BA devotee but very keen to try QR long haul.
Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
Blocked Seats and AAdvantage Number not Recognised

Hello QR Gurus,

I might have a job in Riyadh in the months ahead and as a OW loyalist, will fly QR there and back to LAX. Employer is paying J or better which is is nice so looking forward to Q-Suites etc. Never flown on QR!

Couple of questions - they want me as soon as this weekend, but when I look at seat availability on EF for the outbound legs through DOH, the cabin is full except for blocked seats. Would you go ahead and book on this flight with the confidence that you'll get a seat? Not knowing the seat configuration but hearing all the wonderful things about Q-Suites, I think any seat would do? Just wanna make sure I GET a seat and am not involuntarily downgraded!

Second question is, I made a dummy booking on the QR website just to see how their system works and if I can hold reservations like on AA and discovered I can for a small fee (which I'll do because that way i KNOW my booking will be correct on the segments I wanna be on etc and then forward to the employer to make the purchase) BUT when I enter my AAdvantage number, I get an error message saying, "due to technical reasons your Frequent Flier number is not recognised..." Does anyone else have the problem with using their AA number, and if so, is there a workaround like using the RJ website to force enter the number, or just wait until you get to the check-in counter and all will be fine?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old Jul 25, 2022, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by matinicus rock
Hello QR Gurus,

I might have a job in Riyadh in the months ahead and as a OW loyalist, will fly QR there and back to LAX. Employer is paying J or better which is is nice so looking forward to Q-Suites etc. Never flown on QR!

Couple of questions - they want me as soon as this weekend, but when I look at seat availability on EF for the outbound legs through DOH, the cabin is full except for blocked seats. Would you go ahead and book on this flight with the confidence that you'll get a seat? Not knowing the seat configuration but hearing all the wonderful things about Q-Suites, I think any seat would do? Just wanna make sure I GET a seat and am not involuntarily downgraded!

Second question is, I made a dummy booking on the QR website just to see how their system works and if I can hold reservations like on AA and discovered I can for a small fee (which I'll do because that way i KNOW my booking will be correct on the segments I wanna be on etc and then forward to the employer to make the purchase) BUT when I enter my AAdvantage number, I get an error message saying, "due to technical reasons your Frequent Flier number is not recognised..." Does anyone else have the problem with using their AA number, and if so, is there a workaround like using the RJ website to force enter the number, or just wait until you get to the check-in counter and all will be fine?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
QR blocks the quad seats for parties of less than 3, if they will sell you a ticket there will be a seat for you.

Sometimes things are a bit weird with frequent flyer numbers. If nothing else, you can add it once the ticket is issued or at the check-in counter.
matinicus rock likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 4:19 am

Last night I received notification via CMT of a change to my BKK-DOH-MAD flights (QR833 & QR147) in September that's on a QF OWA ticket.

The aircraft has changed from A330 to A380 which I'm happy with but the flight departure has gone back half an hour so the connection time is now 1hr 10min which I'm a bit concerned about. Two part question, is that connection time sufficient? & if I did miss QR147 would QR put me on the later QR149 DOH-MAD flight given it's not booked directly with QR?

Thanks for any advice
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mortsoz
Last night I received notification via CMT of a change to my BKK-DOH-MAD flights (QR833 & QR147) in September that's on a QF OWA ticket.

The aircraft has changed from A330 to A380 which I'm happy with but the flight departure has gone back half an hour so the connection time is now 1hr 10min which I'm a bit concerned about. Two part question, is that connection time sufficient? & if I did miss QR147 would QR put me on the later QR149 DOH-MAD flight given it's not booked directly with QR?

Thanks for any advice
The Bangkok to Doha flights generally seem to arrive very early into DOH, so I wouldn't worry. And if the worst happens, QR will rebook you onto the next available flight.

1hr10 is absolutely fine.
Traveller999 and mortsoz like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:21 am

Thanks Schwann
Old Jul 27, 2022, 1:21 pm

CLT to CMN in November

I'm trying to figure out what the best conversion from Capital One Rewards program to book a roundtrip flight for 2 from CLT to CMN in economy in November for around 2 weeks. I've found award availability for AA flying out November 18th and returning December 3rd. It seems that converting to Avios would be the way to go, but I'm not able to find the flights on BA's website. Also, I'm not sure that this matters but I have enough AA miles in one account for a one-way flight. Thanks in advance for anyone that can offer suggestions.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)
ZERO from HND to DFW???

I used the Qatar Airways online QPoints Calculator to check the number of QPoints I will earn on Japan Airlines, flying Business Class from HND to DFW.
The outcome :
ZERO QPoints.

I checked NRT to DFW: 50 QPoints. And HND to ORD even earns 150 QPoints
How is that possible?

Please help
Merci
Old Jul 29, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: AP 50k, UA Silver, MB Titanium, HH Diamond
Requested to cancel my current QRPC booking, hoping to use the points to book something else.
I sent in service request for missing avios to claim the avios pts.

Are there any other steps I should be taking to get the points back ASAP?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 5:39 pm

Hi guys, trying to book a YUL-KHI for November-Feb, price keeps on decreasing every day little by little. When is the best time to book this flight?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:40 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
I need to cancel an award booking. The phone agent told me that the cancellation would take 7-20 days to process and thus the miles would take 7-20 days to reappear in my account. Is this accurate?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
I need to cancel an award booking. The phone agent told me that the cancellation would take 7-20 days to process and thus the miles would take 7-20 days to reappear in my account. Is this accurate?
It can be that long, but my experience is 5-10 days generally for Avios to redeposit.

they also charge very high fees for cancellations - per sector. Be aware of that!
Old Jul 30, 2022, 6:50 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Another question: Is it possible to upgrade an award ticket using Avios? There is only one award seat in biz, so I was wondering if I could purchase the economy seat and upgrade it to J using Avios

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.