Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Jun 26, 22, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by hotelmotel View Post
Is the free hotel with layover still suspended due to COVID?
Yes, still suspended. At a random guess this won't return until after the world cup.
Old Jun 27, 22, 1:11 am

Are there still unrefitted 777s? And if so, are they ever sent to Australia? I'm looking at a flying ADL-AKL and/or reverse early in 2023, and I really want to try Qsuites. If it gets swapped back to a 359 (say) with reverse-herringbone that would be fine, but I've flown the old 2-2-2 back in the day and it's not worth paying for.
Old Jun 27, 22, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Diamond (*G), Marriott Ambassador (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by BernardBlack View Post
Are there still unrefitted 777s? And if so, are they ever sent to Australia? I'm looking at a flying ADL-AKL and/or reverse early in 2023, and I really want to try Qsuites. If it gets swapped back to a 359 (say) with reverse-herringbone that would be fine, but I've flown the old 2-2-2 back in the day and it's not worth paying for.
There are still old 77W. A bit surprising that they sometimes run quite long flights, where the Maldives gets the leased Cathay planes. The leased Cathay planes being significantly better in J....
Old Jun 27, 22, 11:02 am

I have a booking from CDG to MLE through DOH on Qatar in J. I was hoping to change the Doha to MLE segment to F. Is it possible to do this without the agent cancelling the CDG to DOH segment? I called and they said they had to cancel the entire ticket in order rebook the second segment in F. This is an award booking with QR directly.

Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 22, 6:32 pm

I know Qatar releases award seats 361 days out. Does anyone know what time of day? I look first thing in the morning lately and everything is already scooped up for the latest day.
Old Jun 28, 22, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Diamond (*G), Marriott Ambassador (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Stina12345 View Post
I know Qatar releases award seats 361 days out. Does anyone know what time of day? I look first thing in the morning lately and everything is already scooped up for the latest day.
Certainly not everything, but certain routes and booking classes can be quick to go. And certain routes don't see releases of first class awards. If you have an indication of routes you are looking for, maybe there is a bit more to it.
Old Jun 28, 22, 9:21 pm

May I ask is there any way to merge or link two PNR together? Me and my partner will fly the same route but we forget to book together. I have Oneworld Sapphire, so I want select seats for my partner for free and take her to priority check in and lounge. Cancel and rebook may not be a good idea as the price becomes much higher than the time we booked. Thanks.
Old Jun 28, 22, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hwqcgsw View Post
May I ask is there any way to merge or link two PNR together? Me and my partner will fly the same route but we forget to book together. I have Oneworld Sapphire, so I want select seats for my partner for free and take her to priority check in and lounge. Cancel and rebook may not be a good idea as the price becomes much higher than the time we booked. Thanks.
You can have a note added, but truly linking is not possible.
Old Jun 28, 22, 9:55 pm

Programs: most of them
Does QR have any plans to retrofit these 777s that are 2-2-2 config?

Last edited by glennaa11; Jun 29, 22 at 7:15 pm
Old Jun 30, 22, 11:41 am

Programs: NH Plat, DL Gold, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by rapatelrocky View Post
I was checking scenarios where something exists - even for next month. But yes, when i changed cities to your example it gave nothing found. But I started with the city pairs I was using where I saw award availability, then modified the award search itself to use BKK/SEA and it gave same error you indicated (for July 6th in this case).

I'm a noob to qatar awards (only started checking after Avios change since UR can transfer via BA Avios).. but I have seen phantom awards on AA and AS that did not show on Qatar. site. Not sure about other way around - was hard finding business saver availability specifically as it doesn't let me look only for those.
I was searching bkk-sea and vice versa for May till July, back in May, I recall there were last minute availability in J a few days ahead, and sporadic dates, and I think AA and QR matched exactly, so I started wondering if QR releases more saver seats to their own members. I didn't think to search with AS, will do it in future for sure.

For the summer, I guess award seats are completely gone for this city pair. I had doh-yul as a placeholder, but someone on this thread or other thread told me it's impossible to simply add a bkk-doh to my existing doh-yul ticket, unless bkk-yul shows up as available on QR site, so I've given up and sent a refund request almost 10 days ago, I received a confirmation email right away, but I haven't gotten my pts nor fees back yet.
Old Jun 30, 22, 6:38 pm

What can I do besides waiting on an Air Tracer form that never updates for my friend's lost luggage? Air Canada's central baggage claim is not taking any calls.
Old Jul 1, 22, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by junoooon View Post
Is QR planning on sending physical cards for status holders? Was sent an email when I hit status that I'd receive a package but have yet to get anything
Ive requested one several times for the last few years.

Im sure it will come any day now.
Old Jul 1, 22, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, KM Permanent, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plus Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
Doha Lounge Access

Sorry if this quetion has been asked before.
We are transiting Doha en-route to SFO in Q-suites, paid with Avios points.
Will we be able to access theAl Mourjan Business Lounge? we are also Oneworld Sapphire members
Any advice will be appreicated
Old Jul 1, 22, 10:33 am

Upgrading on Qatar App

Hi, I am new to Avios and everything surrounding it.

we have booked a flight in Economy but I have Avios points that I want to try and upgrade on the app by using them.

every time I go to the spend your miles section and input my booking reference the itinerary is greyed out and says There are no seats available for award upgrade does this mean they havent released the seats yet or I dont have enough Avios to carry on?

I am all new to this, advise would be very much appreciated.
Old Jul 1, 22, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Rookie7 View Post
every time I go to the spend your miles section and input my booking reference the itinerary is greyed out and says There are no seats available for award upgrade does this mean they havent released the seats yet or I dont have enough Avios to carry on?
Welcome to flyertalk.

Any seats already released may have been taken or it could be that no seats have been released, eg on popular routes or at peak times. As long as you have some Avios in your QR account you should be able to see any availability, so it's just a matter of keeping checking and hoping for the best.

Search this Thread