Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by TGARCIA2885
1. What hour/time does award availability get released (360 days in advance)?
No fixed pattern as it's only when the computer thinks they won't sell all the seats. In some cases that will be when flight are released, but for others like at peak times or on popular routes it might be never.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:05 am

Okay, said diifferently, what hour/time are flights released 360 days in advance?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by tedmak
Is there a page where I can see what the quality of the QA lounge at Heathrow is like and what the business class in the A380 is like?

Thanks in advance.
This may help with the lounge query: https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...ow-terminal-4/
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by DVDBob
Is there a way to just see all the upcoming award flights for a certain month or week? I can be very flexible on my travel dates, but searching for 1 date at a time is painful. Thanks.
I’ve noticed this question has not yet been answered. Is it a big secret or are QR making it difficult to find reward space?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I’ve noticed this question has not yet been answered. Is it a big secret or are QR making it difficult to find reward space?
When searching for awards, it shows a week by default around the date selected - clicking on "More dates" on the right above the week shown displays the monthly calendar.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:23 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by rapatelrocky
When searching for awards, it shows a week by default around the date selected - clicking on "More dates" on the right above the week shown displays the monthly calendar.
when we can get to that screen, it's pretty self explanatory, although I've noticed monthly view doesn't always match with individual date view, so I still had to check day by day.

I haven't even been able to get to the monthly or weekly screen lately, when I search BKK-SEA any day this month and next. Aa.com gives error message, too, so I have to check with QR page day by day. Here are steps I've been taking:
1. Log in
2. Search BKK-sea any dày this month or in July
3. After seeing photos of a guy in the lounge, Teddy Bear, a lady in business class, and an FA, I see revenue fares or it says to choose different date. If I see a revenue fare, click 'redeem Avios' on top right.
4. After seeing the same slideshow, I get an error that says 'we are unable to find recommendations for your selected date'. By clicking 'new search', it brings back to the home page to do step 2.

The whole cycle takes at least a minute, so to search 5 days, I need at least 5 minutes. I'm guessing this is happening, because the whole month awards are completely gone, including flexi, is it right?

Another question: it seems like aa.com and Qatar Airways.com award space match. Does QR release more saver space to its own members than partners like AA?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by maverikbc
when we can get to that screen, it's pretty self explanatory, although I've noticed monthly view doesn't always match with individual date view, so I still had to check day by day.

I haven't even been able to get to the monthly or weekly screen lately, when I search BKK-SEA any day this month and next. Aa.com gives error message, too, so I have to check with QR page day by day. Here are steps I've been taking:
1. Log in
2. Search BKK-sea any dày this month or in July
3. After seeing photos of a guy in the lounge, Teddy Bear, a lady in business class, and an FA, I see revenue fares or it says to choose different date. If I see a revenue fare, click 'redeem Avios' on top right.
4. After seeing the same slideshow, I get an error that says 'we are unable to find recommendations for your selected date'. By clicking 'new search', it brings back to the home page to do step 2.

The whole cycle takes at least a minute, so to search 5 days, I need at least 5 minutes. I'm guessing this is happening, because the whole month awards are completely gone, including flexi, is it right?

Another question: it seems like aa.com and Qatar Airways.com award space match. Does QR release more saver space to its own members than partners like AA?
I was checking scenarios where something exists - even for next month. But yes, when i changed cities to your example it gave nothing found. But I started with the city pairs I was using where I saw award availability, then modified the award search itself to use BKK/SEA and it gave same error you indicated (for July 6th in this case).

I'm a noob to qatar awards (only started checking after Avios change since UR can transfer via BA Avios).. but I have seen phantom awards on AA and AS that did not show on Qatar. site. Not sure about other way around - was hard finding business saver availability specifically as it doesn't let me look only for those.

Last edited by rapatelrocky; Jun 21, 2022 at 3:14 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
Quick question - do I earn any Avios on segments upgraded with Qcredits? The booking class changed from O to U which presumably is a reward class and earns no points.
I'm assuming I'd earn Avios based on the original booking class?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by XmaX
Quick question - do I earn any Avios on segments upgraded with Qcredits? The booking class changed from O to U which presumably is a reward class and earns no points.
I'm assuming I'd earn Avios based on the original booking class?
Correct
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Hi, sorry, new to searching for QR reward availability - how do you do it. Or can anyone point me to a guide or appropriate thread please?

I have tried to click on 'Book and award flight' on the QR website but it just goes back to the cash fares - is this because I don't have any avios with QR, or there is no availability, or something else. How do you check availability please? My QR/BA accounts are linked but all my avios are currently in BA.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Hi, sorry, new to searching for QR reward availability - how do you do it. Or can anyone point me to a guide or appropriate thread please?

I have tried to click on 'Book and award flight' on the QR website but it just goes back to the cash fares - is this because I don't have any avios with QR, or there is no availability, or something else. How do you check availability please? My QR/BA accounts are linked but all my avios are currently in BA.
You need a non-zero amount of Avios in your account.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 6:38 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Thanks - I found this thread too How to Check Rewards Flight Availability on Qatar Website

I seem to be able now to search without any avios in QR but it doesn't look like a very user-friendly process. I just get nothing available for the dates I chose but no clues as to when there might be availability at other times. I suppose I just have to keep putting in new dates until I find something?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Ok, so has anyone had any joy booking Bangkok Airways flights, or at least seeing Avios required/ availability?

I just get nothing coming back for any airline under the "search for partner redemption" pages. And cannot give anything searching the forum.

I appreciate there is a $35 fee, but could still be good value with some of PG flight costs ...
Old Jun 25, 2022, 9:00 am

Is it possible to book award flights through Qatar from US cities that don't have service to Doha? Specifically I'm talking about RDU, which does have significant OneWorld service to AA hubs. I see award availability on AA and BA searches. I want to confirm this before transferring credit card points over, as I have 0 miles in the Qatar account and the "My Calculator" function on Qatar's website outputs "No data found for your selection, please change your selection." when included RDU in the search.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: DL Gold
Is the free hotel with layover still suspended due to COVID?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.