Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: OWE, *G
I have tried to upgrade two separate bookings from Business to First by logging in, going to the Dashboard and then selecting Upgrade. Each time I get a red banner saying “Activity Not Allowed”. What does this mean?
Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:06 pm

Pajamas Question

Does QR provide Pajamas on their DOH-PHL QR727 flight?

Thanks

CJ
Old Oct 4, 2022, 8:32 pm

Can I put all my Avios on one account and book for two people (me and my wife), Or do I need to create an account for my wife and transfer the points separately?

I would like to book the awards together so I don't want to run into an issue where I book one and then I try to book the other and the award availability is gone.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
Does QR provide Pajamas on their DOH-PHL QR727 flight?

Thanks

CJ
Yes they do.
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by pikaju
Can I put all my Avios on one account and book for two people (me and my wife), Or do I need to create an account for my wife and transfer the points separately?

I would like to book the awards together so I don't want to run into an issue where I book one and then I try to book the other and the award availability is gone.
Of course. You can book you wife or anyone else for that matter if you have enough Avios in your account.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 9:32 am

Do I need to do a Hong Kong Health Declaration if I'm just passing through?

Basically, title. I won't be staying for long in Hong Kong so I was wondering if I even need to do the Health Declaration.

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 5, 2022, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Sebastian_DE
Basically, title. I won't be staying for long in Hong Kong so I was wondering if I even need to do the Health Declaration.

Thanks in advance!
Depends on what you mean with "won't be staying for long in Hong Kong". Are you in transit airside only, or actually entering Hong Kong for a brief while?
Sebastian_DE likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 9:43 am

Not sure? I'll have to wait I think 18 hours. We initially planned to leave the airport but if it requires this we'd rather not.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 6:24 pm

Programs: *Gold
Is there any news at all on the Paris CDG First / Business lounge reopening? I have an itinerary coming up next June, wondering if it's reopening at all and if it is, whether it would be open by then.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by unityofsaints
Is there any news at all on the Paris CDG First / Business lounge reopening? I have an itinerary coming up next June, wondering if it's reopening at all and if it is, whether it would be open by then.
December I believe, when the rest of the terminal is due to open
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
My humble Silver-status is due to expire 31.12.22, and I've only been able to fly LGW-DOH-BKK one-ways twice this year, due to the lockdowns, so I don't think I would normally maintain my status. In addition their recent sky-high economy-fares (a blip due to the football, or more-permanent ?) have been pricing me out of travelling so often, I used to do 4 BKK-LON-BKK returns annually, before all this.

Does anyone think it's likely, that QR will wish to hold on to its previously-loyal QRPC-members, and extend our status for another year ? Or am I just going to have to bite-the-bullet, and find another airline to be loyal to now ?
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sebastian_DE
Not sure? I'll have to wait I think 18 hours. We initially planned to leave the airport but if it requires this we'd rather not.
If you stay at the airport. No documents required, if you leave the airport, you are under the surveillance rules and a re not allowed to dine out for the first three days, and have to complete all documents and formalities.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Sent an EU261 complaint 16 days ago to QR with no response other than an automated reply. How long should I leave it before chasing up?
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:40 pm

Programs: *Gold
Originally Posted by Tofino87
December I believe, when the rest of the terminal is due to open
Thanks, that's great!
Old Oct 11, 2022, 3:01 am

Hi all,

First time QR flyer here with a couple of questions. I'm BA Gold and have booked a trip to Goa in January using avios for myself and my partner. We're doing economy on the QR A380 to Doha, we have a two-hour layover and then continue in Business on the 787-8 to Goa.

1. Due to the unique way in which BA's website works, these are separate bookings, will Qatar through check luggage to Goa? On a side note, is it worth contacting them to see if they can link the bookings?

2. I can choose seats in economy upstairs on the A380 and I currently have the choice of all the window pairs (I presume these are the best seats for a couple), I'm 193cm tall, so legroom is important. My question is whether the front row bulkhead (row 25) has good enough legroom, or would I be better choosing the exit row (row 30), which looks like it doesn't really have a window and that the side storage box might be missing?

3. When we get to Doha, will we have to re-clear security, or do we just exit the aircraft into the departures area?

4. As a BA Gold (Oneworld Emerald), which lounge is going to provide the best experience in Doha? Not going to have that long, so won't have time to look at multiple, but want the best experience for an hour or so?

5. Should I expect anything onboard Qatar in Economy to make the journey that little bit comfier as a Oneworld emerald? Sometimes on BA, they will bring you a champagne/business amenity kit etc. but I obviously don't expect this.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.