Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2022, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by milgom
Ok, so I guess just need to keep hanging up and calling again until I get a competent customer service agent who is able to issue an infant ticket? Because the guy I had on the phone was categorical that it was impossible.
100%. Read the thread I linked, you need to call Doha directly, forget local "call centres". The most categorical agents are the most clueless usually.

Also my experience: Infant lap seat on Qmiles award
Old Sep 19, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: OWE, *G
I’m on a flight that got swapped from a non-F aircraft to the A380 and before the swap I selected a row 2 seat, and still have a green tick in MMB… any chance I get to keep the seat in F?
Old Sep 19, 2022, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Andrew35K
I’m on a flight that got swapped from a non-F aircraft to the A380 and before the swap I selected a row 2 seat, and still have a green tick in MMB… any chance I get to keep the seat in F?
It will mainly depend on whether they intend to sell F on the route, then you'll be kicked out. Second hurdle is if they don't need the seats, they may decide to not use the cabin. To save the cabin crew some running around.
Andrew35K likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by zachfisch
Does Qatar allow Economy award tickets to be upgraded with cash to business?
No.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 5:57 pm

I have an upcoming leg from CPT-DOH in business class. Does anyone know what the current lounge situation in CPT? I can see there is a Bidvest Premier Lounge and a British Airways Lounge.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by subtlebliss
I have an upcoming leg from CPT-DOH in business class. Does anyone know what the current lounge situation in CPT? I can see there is a Bidvest Premier Lounge and a British Airways Lounge.
The BA lounge is generally only open when BA departs. So unless the timing of your flight matches BA, it will be closed.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 4:59 pm

Redemption fee refund

I'm a bit confused about the fees on cancellation. On the one hand, the website says $25 to cancel a ticket more than 24 hours ahead. But there was also a redemption fee of about $176 that's showing as non refundable on the ticket. Does this mean that if I cancel, I'm out $200 per ticket? Seems like a sneaky way to have very high cancellation fees while advertising just a $25 cancellation fee.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by claurianta2
I'm a bit confused about the fees on cancellation. On the one hand, the website says $25 to cancel a ticket more than 24 hours ahead. But there was also a redemption fee of about $176 that's showing as non refundable on the ticket. Does this mean that if I cancel, I'm out $200 per ticket? Seems like a sneaky way to have very high cancellation fees while advertising just a $25 cancellation fee.
Sounds about right. The cancellation fees are horrific.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by claurianta2
where did you see the $176 redemption fee? is this something new?

i have only seen $25 (and i think this started to be in effect again after the covid waiver expires)
Old Sep 22, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
Originally Posted by gnomey
where did you see the $176 redemption fee? is this something new?

i have only seen $25 (and i think this started to be in effect again after the covid waiver expires)
It's new and it's very sneaky https://thepointsguy.com/news/qatar-...edemption-fee/

Does anyone know what the fees are for cancelling an infant ticket? I have a business class trip with qatar, planning to add an infant ticket to it but I'm not 100% sure yet if I will need to cancel or not.
So I'm trying to figure out if the infant ticket will be refundable and how much is refundable.

Does it make sense to wait until the last minute to book the infant ticket?
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by milgom
It's new and it's very sneaky https://thepointsguy.com/news/qatar-...edemption-fee/

Does anyone know what the fees are for cancelling an infant ticket? I have a business class trip with qatar, planning to add an infant ticket to it but I'm not 100% sure yet if I will need to cancel or not.
So I'm trying to figure out if the infant ticket will be refundable and how much is refundable.

Does it make sense to wait until the last minute to book the infant ticket?
oh gee, and i was wondering why my co pay is so high that day. must be this. the redemption fee varies by destination.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold
Schedule Change Question:

QQ: I have an flight from DFW-DOH-CMN and 2nd leg of my trip schedule changed 2 times so far. Initial departure from DOH - CMN was @7:30 am which moved to 02:15 am and then to 01:35 am. I intentionally booked a long layover in DOH (arriving from DFW @17:45 pm) with a plan of going into city to meet friends which is not possible now with new schedule.

Will I be able to change 1st leg flight from DFW-DOH to a later flight leaving @ 10 pm without incurring change fee? This is a paid business class (I class) ticket for reference. Or better yet will Qatar allow me to change the destination from CMN to TUN without change fee?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:38 pm

Refund for voucher +10%

Hi,

This may be a silly question but I’m looking at booking MAN-JNB for November for the family (5 Pax).

The Economy Classic fare on the app states “Refundable as Voucher with 10% additional value” but their home page indicates this is for travel completed by 30th September.

We understand you need to feel confident and safe when you travel during these times. That is why we will continue offering guaranteed flexibility for travel completed by 30 September 2022.*

Is the cancel for voucher with 10% still running on Economy Classic and could I just book any itinerary, cancel and “earn” 10% to use on the itinerary I actually want to book? 🤔
Old Sep 26, 2022, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by puding
Schedule Change Question:

QQ: I have an flight from DFW-DOH-CMN and 2nd leg of my trip schedule changed 2 times so far. Initial departure from DOH - CMN was @7:30 am which moved to 02:15 am and then to 01:35 am. I intentionally booked a long layover in DOH (arriving from DFW @17:45 pm) with a plan of going into city to meet friends which is not possible now with new schedule.

Will I be able to change 1st leg flight from DFW-DOH to a later flight leaving @ 10 pm without incurring change fee? This is a paid business class (I class) ticket for reference. Or better yet will Qatar allow me to change the destination from CMN to TUN without change fee?

Thanks in advance.
Did you end up finding out if you can modify your flights without incurring any fees?

I’m flying Qatar for the first time in a little over a month with a party of 5 (all in business) and just received notice that part of our return leg has been cancelled. Trying to understand what this might mean in terms of ability to modify other legs of itinerary to switch to earlier or later flights on the same days of travel, along with finding a new option for the now cancelled leg.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 3:18 pm

First time with an eTicket, help

Hello,
this is my first time flyinger with an eTicket, and I am very much confused as to whether or not I need to bring anything with me? Do I need to print it out? Is it fine, as is? Does the check-in work the same? I go up to the counter, show them the ticket and they take my baggage and give me the bording pass?

I know I might be one of the annoying noobie types, but it's my first super-long flight and I just want to be sure.

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.