Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Aug 24, 22, 8:18 am
  #6001  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: C2
Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Spire/Amb, HHonors Gold
Posts: 52
From what I read, business class is marketed as "first" on CAI and AMM routes.
If ones books a F award ticket on these routes, they would allow entry to the Al Safwa lounge, right?
JacobNL is offline  
Old Aug 24, 22, 10:47 am
  #6002  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: HKG, BHX, MAN
Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Posts: 1,463
Originally Posted by JacobNL View Post
From what I read, business class is marketed as "first" on CAI and AMM routes.
If ones books a F award ticket on these routes, they would allow entry to the Al Safwa lounge, right?
Correct.
JacobNL likes this.
realgaga is offline  
Old Aug 26, 22, 11:13 am
  #6003  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Programs: One World, Star Alliance, Virgin Flying Club
Posts: 6
What is a good level of compensation to seek for broken aircon in a Crowne Plaza room. (2 nights, complained but it never got fixed)?
Quovadisite is offline  
Old Aug 27, 22, 12:37 am
  #6004  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 10,528
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
If you are talking about the quite generous BA two bag carry on allowance, that does likely not carry through to QR. Particularly if you fly QR then BA back on the reverse routing you will be on QR allowance there.


​​​​​​
Just to feedback, three of us travelling, two with a wheelie plus bag and third pax with a third handbag plus wheelie plus bag. No issue or checks at anytime with the excessive hand baggage
mikeyfly is offline  
Old Aug 27, 22, 2:18 am
  #6005  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Diamond (*G), Marriott Ambassador (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Posts: 17,520
Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
Just to feedback, three of us travelling, two with a wheelie plus bag and third pax with a third handbag plus wheelie plus bag. No issue or checks at anytime with the excessive hand baggage
BA has a 2*23 kg carry on allowance, the weight might be the issue in comparison with QR as they are far from as generous with the weight. Though I have never seen baggage weighed on QR.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Old Aug 27, 22, 2:29 am
  #6006  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 11
Extending expiring points by transfer/gift?

Hello all, thanks in advance for guidance and apologies if this is covered elsewhere and I failed to find it in my search

I have some Q Points/Avios expiring shortly and don't foresee any qualifying activity in the meantime to extend for another three years

I read on AwardWallet that transferring/gifting points (starting from 1,000) to another member counts as a qualifying activity to extend the rest of the points for another 36 months, but I can't find any confirmation of this on the Qatar site

Can anyone confirm this is the case? If so, it seems the simplest and perhaps only approach in my circs

Thanks all. Best
sandgrounder54 is offline  
Old Aug 27, 22, 3:02 pm
  #6007  
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Posts: 3
Avios jfk to male

Hi-
I want to book 3 qsuites tickets JFK to MALE next year. I am having a hard time even searching to find out how many miles I need. I have a few different cards with miles to transfer and time to earn more. Any tips on how I can search what I need to get this done?
rachelcp is offline  
Old Aug 28, 22, 3:46 am
  #6008  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,880
Originally Posted by rachelcp View Post
Hi-
I want to book 3 qsuites tickets JFK to MALE next year. I am having a hard time even searching to find out how many miles I need. I have a few different cards with miles to transfer and time to earn more. Any tips on how I can search what I need to get this done?
Avios required can be looked up here:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/P...alculator.html

(I'm on the UK site but the calculator should remain the same)

Availability may be an issue.
ft101 is offline  
Old Aug 28, 22, 1:07 pm
  #6009  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 417
Hey everyone, how can I find out if Qatar effectively axed a route? I had an award booking (with AA miles) from the US to DOH to LXR, and I got an email telling me the flight was changed and I can't be reaccommodated.

After digging a bit, it looks like QR1321 (DOH to LXR) no longer exists for that day, and by checking Google Flights I actually can't see anything past September 6th. Not sure where to see if this is permanent, or if they are just doing some adjustments. Definitely a tricky situation since this was the only non stop option from DOH and LXR.
Called both QR and AA and everyone has been completely useless.
Klems is offline  
Old Aug 28, 22, 1:46 pm
  #6010  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Diamond (*G), Marriott Ambassador (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Posts: 17,520
Originally Posted by Klems View Post
Hey everyone, how can I find out if Qatar effectively axed a route? I had an award booking (with AA miles) from the US to DOH to LXR, and I got an email telling me the flight was changed and I can't be reaccommodated.

After digging a bit, it looks like QR1321 (DOH to LXR) no longer exists for that day, and by checking Google Flights I actually can't see anything past September 6th. Not sure where to see if this is permanent, or if they are just doing some adjustments. Definitely a tricky situation since this was the only non stop option from DOH and LXR.
Called both QR and AA and everyone has been completely useless.
What did QR say? The route is not available for booking, so it seems to indicate that it has been axed.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Old Aug 28, 22, 1:51 pm
  #6011  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 417
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
What did QR say? The route is not available for booking, so it seems to indicate that it has been axed.
Thank you! QR is being QR and they are telling me to check with AA, and when I insisted they told me to check on their flight status page (which only allows you to pick a date until early September). It's like talking to a wall. I had to HUCA a few times with AA until I got someone who seemed competent, and they are trying to see if they can keep at least my first leg from the US to DOH since it's in QSuites and there's no more award availability on my dates. They told me it's "queued up" with Qatar, so I'm hoping Qatar will reinstate that leg at least. Do they normally grant that kind of requests?
Klems is offline  
Old Aug 28, 22, 6:18 pm
  #6012  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ADL
Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Posts: 1,101
Originally Posted by Klems View Post
..... if Qatar effectively axed a route?
looks like that flight has become seasonal.
Klems likes this.
LukeO9 is offline  
Old Aug 28, 22, 8:06 pm
  #6013  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Otherworld
Programs: CX / Amex
Posts: 191
Originally Posted by Tofino87 View Post
I dont think this is back yet. Just to confirm - these are revenue flights, not points?
Points.
unityofsaints is offline  
Old Aug 28, 22, 11:46 pm
  #6014  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Diamond (*G), Marriott Ambassador (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Posts: 17,520
Originally Posted by Klems View Post
Thank you! QR is being QR and they are telling me to check with AA, and when I insisted they told me to check on their flight status page (which only allows you to pick a date until early September). It's like talking to a wall. I had to HUCA a few times with AA until I got someone who seemed competent, and they are trying to see if they can keep at least my first leg from the US to DOH since it's in QSuites and there's no more award availability on my dates. They told me it's "queued up" with Qatar, so I'm hoping Qatar will reinstate that leg at least. Do they normally grant that kind of requests?
If it about who has to fix the booking, QR is right AA has to deal with it as they issued the ticket. If it is about the schedule, QR should be able to check that pretty quickly on the system the status and the frequency going forward.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Old Aug 29, 22, 10:16 am
  #6015  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 417
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
If it about who has to fix the booking, QR is right AA has to deal with it as they issued the ticket. If it is about the schedule, QR should be able to check that pretty quickly on the system the status and the frequency going forward.
Yeah absolutely. I wasn't asking QR to manage the changes, I know that is in AA's hands. But they flat out refused to tell me if the LXR flight was effectively axed, made seasonal or whatever. It overall reflects my experience with QR customer service so not surprised, but damn.

Thank you all for your help and insights, truly appreciate it!

I do have a follow up newbie question: I managed to have this rebooked getting to CAI instead of LXR, but the DOH to CAI 2nd and final segment is in economy instead of business. Knowing it's booked with AA miles, does QR offer cash upgrades at check in or at the airport for that type of tickets? My understanding is that they don't but this is a pretty niche situation (2nd leg of a business award ticket booked with AA) so thought I'd check.
Klems is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread