Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Gold, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by Smiley90
You don't earn miles for award flights. That's pretty universal across all carriers and mileage programs.
Delta does so I thought so but thanks.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by rice4u
Delta is special.

Easy way to tell what you'll earn where is www.wheretocredit.com

Mileage partner tickets should book into U (at least mine are), and earn 0% in all programs
​​​​​
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:18 pm

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by rice4u
With some airlines it can depend on whether you have a full award / classic award flight or a points plus pay flight, but as the others have said, generally you don't get points / miles for award flights.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: QAPC Gold, BAEC
Apologies if this is a stupid question. I've upgraded a DOH - NRT leg from Economy to Business with Avios, and my flight is now showing as (U). Will I still earn mileage on the original booking class?
Old Sep 8, 2022, 1:23 am

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Hi there, I'm connecting from a Regional F inbound (coming from DXB) to a Business Lite outbound.
​​​​​​
Is there any lounge access as I read somehow that even Regional F class inbound is now eligible for this?
Old Sep 10, 2022, 10:59 pm

Should I book now for an end of October early November flight returning February for yul-doh-khi or wait a few more weeks? Price wise.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Qatar Platinum
Hi all, does anyone know how long it takes for an AA flight to credit to my QR Privilege Club account?

It was booked with QR, under QR codeshare, but operated by AA (DOH< >JFK). Outbound was on 1st September, and hasn't shown yet.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 1:10 am

I need to change an economy booking which has been upgraded using Avios and QCredits. It was made in June 2022 for travel commencing October 2022 so not covered by the Travel With Confidence or similar policies.

Under "regular" rules, can I get the Avios and QCredits refunded or the upgrades transferred to the new booking dates (there is availability on the new dates).
Old Sep 18, 2022, 5:22 am

Did anyone recently use the Qatar Stopover program ? We plan to make a long stopover in october 2022, but there's no availability at all..
Old Sep 18, 2022, 6:09 am

Another Question: upgrading from Economy to First doesnt mean access to Al Safwa Lounge neither First Class Checkin at Doha I assume?
Old Sep 18, 2022, 4:23 pm

I was able to book one way flights for my honeymoon from BOS-JRO in Qsuite. However, I can't find any openings for the return flight (ZNZ-BOS, 7/15/2023). I've been checking basically everyday for the past few months and the seats seemingly never opened up on this route. Does Qatar ever not open seats on a route? There's nothing available to day before/after, and nothing to DC, ORD, or JFK (easy/frequent flights to boston)
Old Sep 18, 2022, 8:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hyatt, QR Privilege Club
Does Qatar allow Economy award tickets to be upgraded with cash to business?
Old Sep 19, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
Just called Qatar Airways call center, they claim that it's impossible to add an infant seat to an flexi award ticket. Is that true? If not, how do I book an infant seat?
Old Sep 19, 2022, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by milgom
Just called Qatar Airways call center, they claim that it's impossible to add an infant seat to an flexi award ticket. Is that true? If not, how do I book an infant seat?
It's not true. You can add an infant to the ticket and any QR ticket. With QR, it's 10% of the existing business class J fare. Forum search is your friend:

Infant lap seat for a oneworld award
Old Sep 19, 2022, 2:21 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
Originally Posted by mlqsko
It's not true. You can add an infant to the ticket and any QR ticket. With QR, it's 10% of the existing business class J fare. Forum search is your friend:

Infant lap seat for a oneworld award
Thanks for the confirmation, so I guess just need to keep hanging up and calling again until I get a competent customer service agent who is able to issue an infant ticket? Because the guy I had on the phone was categorical that it was impossible.

Last edited by milgom; Sep 19, 2022 at 2:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.