Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mwenenzi
With the links in post 1 (from 2008) now being redundant due to aircraft changes and QF software changes the wiki has been established. Please add relevant information.

Qantas web site --->Seat maps
Click the aircraft type and download the seat map pdf
And Aerolopa QF 3rd party site a by FTer

A380
14 First, 64 Business, 35 Premium Economy and 371 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)
14 First, 70 Business, 60 Premium Economy and 341 Economy seats. View the Airbus A380 seat map (PDF)

B787
42 Business, 28 Premium Economy and 166 Economy seats. View the Boeing 787-9 seat map (PDF)

A330
28 Business and 269 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-300 seat map (PDF)
28 Business and 243 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)
27 Business and 224 Economy seats. View the Airbus A330-200 seat map (PDF)

B737
12 Business and 162 Economy seats View the Boeing 737-800 seat map (PDF).

B717
12 Business and 98 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 1 (PDF)
125 Economy seats. View the Boeing 717-200 seat map, layout 2 (PDF)

A320
Two types of A320-200 aircraft configuration in operation. Both configurations have 180 Economy seats.
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 1 (PDF)
View the Airbus A320-200 seat map configuration 2 (PDF)

E190
10 Business and 84 Economy seats. View the Alliance Embraer E190-100 seat map (PDF).

F100
Operated by Network Aviation - a Qantas group airline. 100 Economy seats
View the Fokker 100 (A series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (G series) seat map (PDF)
View the Fokker 100 (T series) seat map (PDF)

Dash 8
36 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (200 Series) seat map (PDF)
50 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (300 Series) seat map (PDF)
74 Economy seats. View the Dash 8 (Q400 Series) seat map (PDF)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Aerlopa https://www.aerolopa.com
Written by a BA forum FTer. How accurate is the diagram/drawing of windows to seats is unknown.
A380 gallery
B787 gallery
A330 gallery
B737 gallery
QantasLink gallery
Print Wikipost

The Ultimate Qantas Seat Guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2010, 5:50 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Exec 1P
Am flying QF88 out of HKG to SYD C class. Can anybody tell me what seating arrangement is used on this service. Is Upper Deck business class? Cheers
Old Feb 10, 2010, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
QF88 is generally operated by an Airbus A330 - no upper deck.

2x2x2 seating in business.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:34 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Serfty, I assume from your post that 80A / 80K are pretty similar in terms of legroom to an exit row seat, but without the additional charges?

Tks,

TB
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by tallboy
Serfty, I assume from your post that 80A / 80K are pretty similar in terms of legroom to an exit row seat, but without the additional charges?

Tks,

TB
That's correct. I flew in 80K and it was a great seat.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 10:30 am

744 / 4-Class / F / 2K

this was MEL-SIN and SIN-LHR in 4-class.

Pros: If you have a group of more than two, 2K is close enough to 2EF to converse without strain. Little foot traffic once the forward closet is shut. Good window views. Extremely quiet and calm on the leg where 2F was empty.

Cons: Seat truly worn. In fact several in the cabin were mechanically stripped and had troubles adjusting position. Very limited surfaces for "stuff" or extra personal space. The outlet is down by the ottoman so one might need a longer power cord than normal. If you are solo, the proximity of 2E&F could be a minus; the windows in rows 1 and 3 are more private.[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 21, 2010, 1:46 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Qantas A380 J class question:

Has anyone had any experience of 11-13 EF on the upper deck? We had 25A/B but switched because a cabin crew mate advised that lack of meal choice is a strong possibility. Frankly I wouldn't care but I wouldn't want to endure the wrath of my traveling companion

I've checked seatguru and seatexpert and 11 appears to be too close to the lounge and associated noise, and upon looking at one map it states that there is a lift behind 13. Does this make any noise? We are going SYD-LHR so would appreciate a long sleep.

At this point we've request 12 E/F. Does this experience any light/noise from the lounge? Cabin crew mate said most people sleep SIN-LHR anyway.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:20 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Originally Posted by m0hamed

Has anyone had any experience of 11-13 EF on the upper deck? We had 25A/B but switched because a cabin crew mate advised that lack of meal choice is a strong possibility. Frankly I wouldn't care but I wouldn't want to endure the wrath of my traveling companion

I've checked seatguru and seatexpert and 11 appears to be too close to the lounge and associated noise, and upon looking at one map it states that there is a lift behind 13. Does this make any noise? We are going SYD-LHR so would appreciate a long sleep.

At this point we've request 12 E/F. Does this experience any light/noise from the lounge? Cabin crew mate said most people sleep SIN-LHR anyway.

12EF are very good. Myself and companion had those from MEL through to LHR recently, following FT advice, and no complaints re the issues you have referred to.

TB
Old Mar 21, 2010, 9:33 pm

Programs: QFWP1+LTG,TG-Silver, SQ-Silver,HHonors-Diamond,Marriott Rewards-Silver,SPG
Originally Posted by m0hamed

Have done SIN-LHR in 11E/F and slept all the way. Feet tucked under the bulkhead with no trouble and noise/light from lounge no issue, noise from lead footed humans walking a problem anywhere! If given the choice I'd take 12E/F as more feeeling of room in front....if you are asleep though no matter
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:02 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Thanks gents. Appreciate your input. Now I won't be eaten alive by the family member who turns into a dragon when unhappy on aircraft.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 4:32 pm

744 / 4-Class / J / 11A

this was SYD-LAX-JFK in 4-class on QF107. upper deck J seating.

Pros: lots of storage given the window bins. Extremely quiet, despite proximity of lav and flight deck door. First in line for meals. Super-private if the aisle seat is empty. seat quite comfortable, not the equal of A380 upper deck but all in all quite nice.

Cons: a bit of a hike to the galley if you're fond of self-serve. if you're traveling solo and the aisle is occupied, you might have a bit of a climb out. not as much space as row 16 (the exit row).

Last edited by martin33; Apr 2, 2010 at 4:39 pm
Old Apr 2, 2010, 4:38 pm

A380 / 4-Class / J / 11F

this was LAX-SYD in 4-class on QF12.

Pros: the front of J mini-cabin is quiet and isolated. despite the self-serve bar and lounge being very near, they are both under-used and so not a disturbance. the seats are spacious and the middle pair both have aisle access. the lavs are slightly aft near the galley. meals come quickly.

Cons: none really, unless you're very unlucky about loud folks using the lounge
Old May 3, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Boeing 747-400 4-Class 14F 66J 40PE 187Y coach question

On the 4 class 744 with row 51 in front of economy, what is the legroom like in 52ABC? Seatguru says reduced, while Seatexpert says increased.

Also, on my flight (LAX-SYD), ExpertFlyer shows 52,53 ABC as blocked. Is that reserved for airport assignment, or is it worth calling to ask if a oneworld Sapphire can get assigned that seat in advance (assuming the legroom is more than average)?
Old May 9, 2010, 10:20 pm

744 / 4-Class / PE / 36A

Boeing 747-400 4-Class 14F 66J 40PE 187Y. LAX-SYD in 4-class on QF108.

On this configuration, Premium Economy has a row-and-a-half mini-cabin behind business, and then wraps around the lavs.

36A is a window exit row seat facing the flight attendant landing/takeoff seats.

Pros: ideal for a solo traveler since no trouble getting up and out as needed. legroom is essentially limitless. nice cabin for working or watching vid.

Cons:.so-so for sleeping, chilly at times.

Essentially this is what many business class seats were, 20 years ago: 2-4-2 on a 747, 38" pitch. Within that category, 36A (or B, D, G, J, K) ranks as desirable...

Last edited by martin33; May 9, 2010 at 10:43 pm
Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:31 am

Programs: QF SG
747-438 (744) /4/J/23J and K

For some reason, my wife and I seem to keep being assigned these seats when we get upgraded travel; this is now the third time we have flown 23J and 23K together. Therefore have good basis to judge them. The same applies to 23 AB as well I would imagine.

23J and 23K are lower deck, first row of Business Class just behind First Class. As noted on seatguru and other such sites, these seats have AVOD screens in the arm rest, not in the seat back. This is a major advantage for comfort and viewing pleasure, especially since it can be hard to see darker scenes in movies unless you get the viewing angle right. I don't watch a lot of movies on long-haul (sleep is my friend!), but the in arm rest screens are significantly better.

The extra leg room is also very important. When fully extended seats in other rows essentially place your feet under the person in front. In 23JK, the seat+feet just about reaches the bulkhead meaning that one is less cramped; taller pax (I am 5'10") might be able to squeak a few extra inches too, by not using the built in foot rest. Getting in and out of these seats is not only easier for the person on the window side (my wife is often up and about since she tends to sleep less and demands the window seat), but also less distracting for the person on the aisle side.

The location is, IMO, perfect. At the front of the lower-deck J cabin, you get served first for all meals so there are no meal-choice issues and food tends to be hotter and, just generally, it's nicer to get the food out of the way sooner rather than later. And since the cabin in front is curtained off and only for the lucky people in F class, you get no passenger movement around you and no distraction from galley / toilets.

The one downside: consistently, the storage bin above the aisle seat (J) is used for the fancy bedding for the first-class passengers. Not only does this mean one's own carryon luggage needs to go elsewhere (so get on first!), but it means some interruptions to blissful travel while the FAs put stuff up and down. But, this happens normally a) just after dinner while not yet sleeping on the way out and b) just before breakfast.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
747-438 2 class ??

I'm on QF 16 LAX to Brisbane which is supposedly sold as 2 class Y and Business yet my agent and Qantas sold me PE and put me in row 24. No info at SG or SE.Rows don't seem to exist. On the Q plan 23 and 24 are shown as the back 2 rows of Business.
Has anyone any experience on a 747 with just 2 rows of PE reportedly 23 and 24(7 seats per row). What type of seat and space should I expect. Any info is appreciated.

Last edited by pssteve; Jun 29, 2010 at 12:31 pm Reason: Clarification

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.