Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas International & Domestic grounded

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas International & Domestic grounded

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:12 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Wasn't there a moderator warning a little earlier in the thread about personal attacks such as this? I hope there aren't double standards in operation here.
perish the thought...
Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
fwa hearing has now been adjourned for 15 min after judges initially said 10 - all submissions finished
Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
So you are saying that unions are allowed to strike but not a company?
That was never said and you are distorting statements. Most people here have acknowledged there are huge egos on both sides, with the loser being the customer.

But the facts are an airline was grounded effective immediately with absolutely no notice. Passengers were ushered off aircraft even as some aircraft were taxiing for departure. As I mentioned before, thousands of passengers are stranded mid-journey in Singapore, Hong Kong and even Bangkok. The Australian economy is estimated to have lost at least $150million in the past 24 hours.

Just because there are two sides to the debate doesn't make one side right and the other wrong.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: VS Gold, QPPS, CX, DJ, SG, AA, NH
LATEST UPDATE: Fair Work Australia is now deliberating, and has announced they will rule at 0100hrs AEDST/1400hrs GMT.

More info as it comes in.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:26 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Decision due at 1am AEST
Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Originally Posted by thewinchester
LATEST UPDATE: Fair Work Australia is now deliberating, and has announced they will rule at 0100hrs AEDST/1400hrs GMT.

More info as it comes in.
Thanks for all the information, & updates, yesterday till late & today too.

And everyone else who has been updating too (moa999 etc)

Been busy rearranging my travel plans for the morning.

Got a call from QF - Chose to have a refund from QF coming for my booking to the US, & have re-booked with NZ, plus yet to book other carriers for my other sectors other there. Then just need to send in a claim form for my flights & will be reimbursed for same class costs.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by moa999
Decision due at 1am AEST
And?
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by mre5765
And?
still waiting...
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
still waiting...
I see the govt is a model of efficiency.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:06 am

I see the govt is a model of efficiency.
it is a Court, not the Government.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VH-RMD
it is a Court, not the Government.
Oh. In most other countries the judiciary is one of three branches of the govt.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Why not a teeny bit of protection? Look what Canadian Govt did to Etihad and Emirates..told them to go jump in the lake when they wanted more slots threatening Air Canada to the point of a diplomatic spat now causing Canadians to apply for a visa at $200 if they want to travel to the UAE-that's gutsy!
Gutsy???
Canada lost a lot more than just the visa fee - we lost billions by losing the UAE base as well, taxpayers were on the hook for that - just to protect Air Canada.

The federal government claimed they did this to protect Canadian jobs
The reality is that AC management and federal politicians are tight buddies, there is lots of greasing the wheels going on - and AC management can count on them for protection - just like they do in labour disputes.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:18 am

Oh. In most other countries the judiciary is one of three branches of the govt.
of course it is and of course that is exactly what you meant, my profound apologies for misinterpreting your clear statement...
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:18 am

Guess they meant Adelaide time.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Gutsy???
Canada lost a lot more than just the visa fee - we lost billions by losing the UAE base as well, taxpayers were on the hook for that - just to protect Air Canada.

The federal government claimed they did this to protect Canadian jobs
The reality is that AC management and federal politicians are tight buddies, there is lots of greasing the wheels going on - and AC management can count on them for protection - just like they do in labour disputes.
while we r waiting, thx for that heads up on UAE. I was going fly thru there on my next trip to India. I would been totally screwed not knowing this.

Originally Posted by Platinum A332
Guess they meant Adelaide time.
lol. What's up with that anyway? If one goes shopping for a two time zone automatic watch in Adelaide, are you more likely to find watches that support the half hour offset that is needed for India, Adelaide, and Newfoudland?
While we are waiting, thank you so much for posting this. I was thinking of having my next flight to India go through the UAE. I would have been totally screwed since I no longer let consulates hold my passport hostage.

Last edited by mre5765; Oct 30, 2011 at 8:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.