Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas International & Domestic grounded

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas International & Domestic grounded

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2011, 6:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, QFF, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by GrantSpatchcock
only for us to find out this morning that she hasn't even returned that phone call?
I'm not a Liberal voter (just to declare my allegiances) but that's pathetic by Gillard and dishonest by Shorten.
Only for us to find out this morning that this story is a fabrication by the Telegraph, described by Joyce himself as "misinformation".
So perhaps you should point your pathetics and dishonests in another direction.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bensyd
That's incorrect. Judges can only be removed if both houses censure them and it can only be because of misbehaviour or incapacity.
That may be the "official" way, but in Queensland judges have routinely been "forced to resign" for other than misbehaviour or incapacity. And as the executive controls the purse, this serves as a further unequal arrangement.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by jimmc66
That may be the "official" way, but in Queensland judges have routinely been "forced to resign" for other than misbehaviour or incapacity. And as the executive controls the purse, this serves as a further unequal arrangement.
But we were talking about the High Court, not Queensland.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 6:34 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
[mod hat]

This thread has become rather political, so let's close it, and commence Part II.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...-back-air.html

[/mod hat]

Last edited by willyroo; Oct 30, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.