Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2024, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, KrisFlyer Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, Blah ~ Blah.. something more
13 April / On my 5th RT / I wanted to connect directly from Jakarta to KL (AVIOS MH flight) and the check-in agent had no knowledge about it.

After some time, the station manager intervened and he skilfully connected my luggage and booking to the final destination.

The flight was Abu Dhabi - Colombo was very quiet, but Colombo - Jakarta was full and the crew was good on both flights.

Upon arrival in Jakarta, an agent from Malaysia Airlines was waiting for me. He initially offered to move me earlier than the flight I had originally booked, which I accepted and after an hour of waiting, he couldn't do it lol.

It's okay, I'm in the lounge waiting for my flight to KL.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 3:12 pm

Looks like 4R-ANF is back in the active fleet (started operating flights on 10APR), so perhaps the operational issues with the Colombo to Jakarta flights will improve. After pretty consistently cancelling 2-3x/week, they're scheduled to operate it every day in the next 10 days. I guess we'll see!
Mr Enthused likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 9:40 pm

Well, my mate sure has had a baptism on his first ever TP run (and attempt to go from BA Blue to Silver). Outbound flights were cancelled, so ended up on QR. That was a week or so ago, QR flights haven't posted yet so he hasn't attempted the ORC request yet.

His flights today have a delayed CGK-CMB leaving a 5 minute connection, which means he may not make his CMB-AUH, therefore scuppering his AUH-FCO flight on EY which while on separate tickets, was booked with a 4.5 hour buffer.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 9:53 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, KrisFlyer Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, Blah ~ Blah.. something more
Originally Posted by flashware
Well, my mate sure has had a baptism on his first ever TP run (and attempt to go from BA Blue to Silver). Outbound flights were cancelled, so ended up on QR. That was a week or so ago, QR flights haven't posted yet so he hasn't attempted the ORC request yet.

His flights today have a delayed CGK-CMB leaving a 5 minute connection, which means he may not make his CMB-AUH, therefore scuppering his AUH-FCO flight on EY which while on separate tickets, was booked with a 4.5 hour buffer.
I had a similar case (3 hour delay) last time and my friends and I expected the batter airline and we were notified just before landing that CMB-AUH would wait for us.

They have a huge transfer customer, so don't have to worry unless it's canceled.
flashware and Vasco Pridat like this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Pierre_m
I had a similar case (3 hour delay) last time and my friends and I expected the batter airline and we were notified just before landing that CMB-AUH would wait for us.

They have a huge transfer customer, so don't have to worry unless it's canceled.
I suggested the same thing, so glad I wasn't talking out my behind! If this hasn't scared him off, then I think we have a new TP runner for life
Pierre_m likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
I suggested the same thing, so glad I wasn't talking out my behind! If this hasn't scared him off, then I think we have a new TP runner for life
Looks like I am on the same flight.
Currently decided to smoke a rather large cigar in the lounge die to the delay. Haha
I figured all C class passengers are probably connecting to auh. Lol.
PLeblond likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Looks like I am on the same flight.
Currently decided to smoke a rather large cigar in the lounge die to the delay. Haha
I figured all C class passengers are probably connecting to auh. Lol.
When he got to the airport he was told they were going to hold the plane in CMB so should be all good.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 9:06 am

When he got to the airport he was told they were going to hold the plane in CMB so should be all good.
Yeah they're not going to provide alternatives for workers going to the UAE.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 9:28 am
Formerly known as tireman77

I've done my share of questionable bookings, but given the1500+ posts in this thread describing a myriad of cancelled segments, delays, and general chaos + uncertanty from UL a 4.5 hour buffer on sperate tickets is a level of audacity I could only aspire to.

I do hope them make it, though.
remymartin and IanWorthington like this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
He was sitting right next to me on the auh sector and we had a nice chat.
And I gotta say to be honest..the service that Sri Lankan offered is better than any other airline!
First they cancelled the flight and automatically rebooked you to a not working solution..just like ba usually does.
But then they pro actively send me an email how I would like to get rebooked and say all on qr.. no questions asked 30min later new ticket including first!
Then they have a 90min delay and the plane waits for us in Colombo!!
Last time when I had a 20min delay on ba into T3 being GGL on a first Ticket to new York they just rebooked me to 3h later because my connection time had dropped under 50min..
Instead of picking me up I would have missed my meeting in NY.. so I quickly walked over to the gate at T5 and convinced the surprised agent to give me back 1a again as the boarding had just started.
The metal is old with UL.. but the service is always good and for me they had always taken good care of me.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 8:33 pm

I spoke with the GGL team regarding my request to ORC for the cancellation of my 10 April Jakarta - Colombo flight.

After explaining the situation on the phone, I sent them the pre-cancellation flight information, cancellation notice email and original ticket number via email and a few hours later I was informed by the agent assigned to me that my request was approved and would be forwarded to the tracking department and the remaining TP would be credited.

I'm glad this worked out so well.
flashware and Mr Enthused like this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 1:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I’m grateful for the advice on this thread to wait for the AUH office to email back.

I got replies earlier this week and my cancelled CMB-AUH flight on 17/5 has been changed exactly as requested to QR. The routing will earn me an extra 60 tier points and give me the chance (I think, D and A class) to try the Al Sawfa lounge.

The only negative is that my bed at the AUH Premier Inn will get precious little use before my 1010 flight back to LHR.
E14 26C, Pierre_m and Mr Enthused like this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 5:03 am

I spoke with the GGL team regarding my request to ORC for the cancellation of my 10 April Jakarta - Colombo flight.

After explaining the situation on the phone, I sent them the pre-cancellation flight information, cancellation notice email and original ticket number via email and a few hours later I was informed by the agent assigned to me that my request was approved and would be forwarded to the tracking department and the remaining TP would be credited.

I'm glad this worked out so well.
On the day IRROPS or cancelled ahead of time?
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:44 am

On the day IRROPS or cancelled ahead of time?
Yes it was a pre-notified cancellation, that's why I asked first on the phone too. The agent who handled me checked it and told me to mail her the relevant documents.

I was then informed by her that my request was approved and forwarded to the tracking department and that the remaining TP would be processed within 28 days.

Actually, I had a similar experience so I wasn't expecting it but GGL team tried their best to help me / I'm okay if it doesn't happen... At least the Qatar flight gave me some freedom from curry and recliners...
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:47 am

Programs: BA
Yes it was a pre-notified cancellation, that's why I asked first on the phone too. The agent who handled me checked it and told me to mail her the relevant documents.

I was then informed by her that my request was approved and forwarded to the tracking department and that the remaining TP would be processed within 28 days.

Actually, I had a similar experience so I wasn't expecting it but GGL team tried their best to help me / I'm okay if it doesn't happen... At least the Qatar flight gave me some freedom from curry and recliners...
I clearly don't understand the rules for when ORC is granted. Or is it at BAEC's discretion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.