Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IanWorthington
Meet Up & Tips Thread AUH-CMB-CGK fare:

TIPS

PSA: You WILL receive TPs and Avios even on promotional fare I Class (the no miles restriction only applies to UL's own programme).
1. The footrest on the Neo is pretty useless. It's not deep enough to hold both feet, and too high for anyone over 5ft!
2. The IFE on the Neo is crisp, but the screens on the A321-200s are also very good - they fold out from the central armrest
3. Despite the 2300 departure time from AUH, meals are provided - and thus the lights come on. There's no blindfold in the UL miniature amenity kit, so bring your own.
4. Even with the seat in front of you fully reclined, there is plenty of space to get out
5. Despite the IFE and power boxes, there is a huge amount of legroom (even for me at 6ft).
6. Upon arrival into CGK, try and grab a golf-buggy to Passport Control. It is free, and tipping is hugely frowned upon (there's a sign) - it's much quicker than walking.
7. Dependent on your passport, you may have to fill in an Immigration form. UL do not stock them onboard.
8. Once through to the baggage hall, grab a Customs form, UL wont provide this on the plane, but you'll need it to exit into the main arrivals area.
9. If using Grab Taxi (around 60% cheaper than the official airport taxis), head to the right once through into the main Arrivals area. It will lead into the car park, where you will meet your driver.
10. UL use Check-In Desks C5-C9 - between entrances 2 and 3. There is Security upon entry, but only for your baggage.
11. The Saphire CGK lounge has poor air-con, but decent drinks and acceptable food choices. Good wifi too, with views of the runway, so you can spot your plane landing. The buffet area has the best air-con if you're warm.
12. There is no Fast Track for UL passengers, and be cautious of the Ladies Only Lane at security - which often has shorter queues, but which I couldn't use.
13. If it's a bussed departure from CMB (clue:the downstairs gates) don't bust a gut to kick your heels in the lounge. J-class passengers are the very last ones to be picked (by a dedicated bus). If you are last minute, let one of the supervisors know and he/she will facilitate your passage through security. This can be a successful ploy if you are simply impatient and have a J-class bc
14. At CGK UL will check bags on separate tickets to final destination -- reportedly this holds even where non-OneWorld carriers are involved.

Irrops/ Cancellations

Email [email protected] with your preferred routing

Routings that have been accepted onto QR are
CGK-DOH (J) - AUH (F)
CMB-DOH (J) - AUH (F)

There is no J class, only F between DOH and AUH/DXB

UL has also rerouted direct to AUH on Eithad
If the CMB-AUH leg is cancelled - see if flying to Dubai is an option for you

Date Changes

Email [email protected] with your requested date changes

I emailed the above and they were able to change the flights but I had to call in to pay the fare difference - DON"T USE SKYPE as the line wasn't great to the call centre and the UL secure payment wouldn't take the keystrokes - instead call via a local contact centre number https://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/flyi...-us/contact-us I used the UK number +442085382000 and was connected to the same call centre and was able to pay the fare difference.

Original Route Crediting (ORC)
If you are collecting British Airways Tier Points and your flights were cancelled causing you to lose tier points when you were rerouted you may be able to claim ORC from the BA Executive Club - please see the following thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...r-s-guide.html

Missing Avios and Tier Points

Please refer to the following process note
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/36270663-post10.html

Electronic Visa On Arrival
Electronic Customs Declaration
You will need to complete the declaration upon landing https://ecd.beacukai.go.id/

MEET-UP

Flight format: DD-MM-YY ULxxx AUH-CMB Username

Addendum 23-02-19: Please also add:
1. Positioning flights in the same format as above
2. Related hotel stays in a similar format: DD-MM-YY XXX(airport code) Hotel name Username

June 2024

July 2024

Frequency of Sales Events

29 Dec 2018

1 Sep 2019
19 Sep 2019
9 Oct 2019
29 Nov 2019
18 Dec 2019

16 Jan 2020
19 Feb 2020

(Covid: Jan 2020 - May 2023)

31 Aug 2023
24 Nov 2023 £732 (see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35768361-post1343.html)

31 Jan 2024 £725 (see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35961171-post1440.html)
Print Wikipost

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2024, 4:44 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Has anyone had an aircraft change to Fits Airline while flying this itinerary? Today my aircraft was changed to "Fits operated by Sri Lankan" for my CMB-AUH leg. I board in an hour and am very curious as to what kind of "business class" this aircraft will have as Fits' own website says they don't have business. I thought something was weird when I checked in yesterday and there were only two rows of business showing. My itinerary still says business so I guess we'll see. I'll report back afterwards.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 4:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by Anthony Poppe
not double, but according to this: “Tier Points are awarded based on the date of your flight, so any tickets flown after the 1 April 2024 will contribute to your current Tier Point collection period along with the new defined period between 1 April 2024 to 31 March 2025, and will be counted as part of the Tier Point Adjustment.”

would it be better to fly after April 1st?
Guys I don't think your approach is correct. Nothing will count double.
They will make this internally. Same as when tps nowadays post too late. Then you call and they manually just give u status.
This will happen here, too. The tp count for your old period. And then they will look when the new period ends and you will have 1200 tp.. But had 350 before the new deadline in the old year and will grant you gold with 1200. They will not count anything double.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 5:08 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by gspurr
Has anyone had an aircraft change to Fits Airline while flying this itinerary? Today my aircraft was changed to "Fits operated by Sri Lankan" for my CMB-AUH leg. I board in an hour and am very curious as to what kind of "business class" this aircraft will have as Fits' own website says they don't have business. I thought something was weird when I checked in yesterday and there were only two rows of business showing. My itinerary still says business so I guess we'll see. I'll report back afterwards.
Does indeed appear to be a Sri Lankan LCC, so do report back. I fear you may be destined for a Club Europe style experience.
skycruiserNL likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 11:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Has anyone had an aircraft change to Fits Airline while flying this itinerary? Today my aircraft was changed to "Fits operated by Sri Lankan" for my CMB-AUH leg.

I'll report back afterwards.
How was it?
stewardo likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 3:55 pm

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, Delta Silver Medallion, BAEC Bronze
)
I tried researching more about Fits Airline (which is a Sri Lankan LCC airline) and ended up at an infamous review video by a controversial blogger *cough *cough*, seems like they operate ex-Indigo A320s (an Indian LCC) in a 3-3 configuration. I suspect you'll be flying in an economy cabin with a blocked middle seat.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 7:02 pm

Ouch, that sounds a major downgrade.

It's the new "Mihin Lanka" I'd say.
Was there even a separate J config onboard?
Old Feb 19, 2024, 9:03 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by qraec777
)

I tried researching more about Fits Airline (which is a Sri Lankan LCC airline) and ended up at an infamous review video by a controversial blogger *cough *cough*, seems like they operate ex-Indigo A320s (an Indian LCC) in a 3-3 configuration. I suspect you'll be flying in an economy cabin with a blocked middle seat.
Originally Posted by captainarabiia
Ouch, that sounds a major downgrade.

It's the new "Mihin Lanka" I'd say.
Was there even a separate J config onboard?
OP mentioned there being two rows of J. It looks like the airline does indeed have a small premium cabin with 8 seats. The airline's Instagram shows the possibility of upgrading to 'Premium Class seats'. My fear is that this would be akin more to Spirit Airlines' Big Front Seats.
skycruiserNL likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 9:28 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Hope gspurr's trip was OK, though if it was an overnight in club europe style seating that won't have been a fun time.

I noticed (not sure if it's new) later in the year at least, seems UL have got some 332s scheduled for CMB-CGK -- not sure if they're likely to stick (or a result of perceived increase in demand &#128512 but if so would at least make one of the legs a bit more comfortable if so.

I'm contemplating doing this as a long (tier / status point rich) way of getting from UK back to Aus at Christmas, though need to get it approved by the other half...
Old Feb 26, 2024, 9:38 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Sorry not to get back to you all sooner on my experience in Fits business on my CMB-AUH leg. It was indeed the seats that clubeurope managed to find pictures of. It was 2 rows of 2-2. The seats were quite comfortable. They did not have the legrests you get on the Sri-Lankan seats on this route, but that was fine by me as I'm a bit too tall for them anyways. The catering was the same as on UL flights. The flight attendants seem to a mix of Fits and Sri-Lankan crew members, similar to the mix you see on the Air Belgian planes that UL uses on CMB-BKK.
So in the end my worries were for naught and if you end up with this aircraft you will be fine. The only real negative is the much smaller cabin in front, which means you are more than likely going to have someone in the seat beside you.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 11:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Iberia Oro, Finnair Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I just booked 2 of these to get me to BA Gold, 1-3 and 4-6 April, for EUR 970 each.
Does anyone know from what time you can drop your bag at AUH for the 23:00 flight? Need to get some work in and would be great to spend some time at the lounge to do that, otherwise I'll have to look for a day use hotel.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 3:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
I'm sure many people are aware of this already, but it (again) looks like Sri Lankan are on their last legs. OMAAT has a good summary of the current state of affairs: https://onemileatatime.com/news/sril...ines-collapse/. I bet they will muddle through this again, but its certainly worth booking these flights on a good credit card!
heliot2009, Gazzerg and curlingfan like this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rbhout
I just booked 2 of these to get me to BA Gold, 1-3 and 4-6 April, for EUR 970 each.
Does anyone know from what time you can drop your bag at AUH for the 23:00 flight? Need to get some work in and would be great to spend some time at the lounge to do that, otherwise I'll have to look for a day use hotel.
As I recall checking opens about 8pm (3 hours before departure), if that’s not long enough then maybe use the hotel option.
rbhout likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 2:38 pm

Rats and flight cancellations cripple SriLankan Airlines, minister issues ultimatum

Feb 28 2024: Several SriLankan Airlines flights at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) in Katunayake were delayed while three flights were grounded this week – one due to a reported sighting of a rat onboard – leaving serious questions over the national carrier’s long term future and a government minister issuing a stark ultimatum.

The airline is yet to disclose the reasons for the latest cancellations, however, the national carrier has been hit with a spate of technical issues in recent weeks

Based on the airport’s flight leaderboard, SriLankan Airlines (UL) 207 to Abu Dhabi, UL 263 to Dammam, and UL 143 to Mumbai were canceled on Tuesday (27). Meanwhile, UL 470 to Incheon, UL 265 to Riyadh, UL 225 to Dubai and UL 103 to Male was delayed until further notice on the same day.

Sri Lankan Airlines Chairman Ashok Pathirage revealed that at a rat onboard at least one of the passenger jets led to the aircraft being grounded for three days. He added that if the rodent had damaged any of the wires, it would have posed a safety issue. Just weeks ago, a Sri Lankan Airlines flight from Melbourne, Australia, that was bound for Colombo was forced to U-turn, following technical difficulties.

The delays and complaints prompted the Ports, Shipping and Aviation Minister Nirmal Siripala de Silva to issue an ultimatum to the management at SriLankan airlines stressing the urgent need to improve operational procedures or face permanent grounding.

https://www.tamilguardian.com/conten...sues-ultimatum
Old Mar 1, 2024, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
AUH-CMB was a good flight, business cabin full and about 95-99% full down the back.

Just waiting at gate 07 for Jakarta flight on an A330-200, J cabin has 3 seats free and Y is looking full.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 5:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
Has anyone done this trip with a booking on the 2345 Qatar flight to DOH? With a 2200 arrival into AUH, I know there isn't a load of spare time, but this is far preferable to waiting until 0545

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.