Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Old Apr 5, 2024, 12:40 am
  #1531  
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: UK, South Korea, Singapore
Programs: BAEC GGL, KrisFlyer Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, Blah ~ Blah.. something more
Posts: 160
10 April cgk-cmb was cancelled / Colombo cs offered me 9th departure and I refused their offer

I talked to Abu Dhabi They presented CGK-KUL-CMB-AUH at first / I inquired about QR availability.

Initially, the ticketing was C+Y. I asked them if they could book the DOH-AUH sector with F class and they asked their superiors and then provided the sector with A class.

I'm looking forward to ORC but it's ok if it's not allowed I've already finished most of the sectors needed to maintain GGL. Escape from Curry and recliner I think that's more important lol
Pierre_m is online now  
Old Apr 5, 2024, 12:53 am
  #1532  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: BOGish. VLCish. It's complicated.
Programs: BA
Posts: 755
Do I get the impression that cancellations are rather common on this route? Or is it just during Ramadan?
IanWorthington is online now  
Old Apr 5, 2024, 1:12 am
  #1533  
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: UK, South Korea, Singapore
Programs: BAEC GGL, KrisFlyer Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, Blah ~ Blah.. something more
Posts: 160
Originally Posted by IanWorthington
Do I get the impression that cancellations are rather common on this route? Or is it just during Ramadan?
actually its always 😂
Pierre_m is online now  
Old Apr 5, 2024, 3:20 am
  #1534  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,717
Originally Posted by Pierre_m
10 April cgk-cmb was cancelled / Colombo cs offered me 9th departure and I refused their offer

I talked to Abu Dhabi They presented CGK-KUL-CMB-AUH at first / I inquired about QR availability.

Initially, the ticketing was C+Y. I asked them if they could book the DOH-AUH sector with F class and they asked their superiors and then provided the sector with A class.

I'm looking forward to ORC but it's ok if it's not allowed I've already finished most of the sectors needed to maintain GGL. Escape from Curry and recliner I think that's more important lol
My friend who was on the cancelled 8/4 one, emailed and just asked what the options were - was offered AUH-DOH (F) DOH-CGK (J) straight off the bat, so booked that. It's his first ever TP run and it's to get a Silver card, so he will need to rely on ORC to top-up the missing 80 TP.
flashware is offline  
Old Apr 5, 2024, 7:20 am
  #1535  
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: UK, South Korea, Singapore
Programs: BAEC GGL, KrisFlyer Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, Blah ~ Blah.. something more
Posts: 160
Originally Posted by flashware
My friend who was on the cancelled 8/4 one, emailed and just asked what the options were - was offered AUH-DOH (F) DOH-CGK (J) straight off the bat, so booked that. It's his first ever TP run and it's to get a Silver card, so he will need to rely on ORC to top-up the missing 80 TP.
good luck to him! / incase of me, at first they refuse to provide it, but i request once again they send it 😂
Pierre_m is online now  
Old Apr 5, 2024, 8:40 am
  #1536  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: London
Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Posts: 3,304
Apologises if this was mentioned up thread somewhere and I missed it, but UL are leasing 4 A330s to cover for the shortage of aircraft which is causing all these cancellations. No defined dates when the 4 will join the fleet, but might mean things are a bit more stable, schedule wise, later in the year when all 4 are operating.

https://airwaysmag.com/sri-lankan-le...ane-shortages/

Pilot37
trooper and IanWorthington like this.
Pilot37 is offline  
Old Apr 5, 2024, 11:44 am
  #1537  
 
Join Date: May 2023
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 43
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Apologises if this was mentioned up thread somewhere and I missed it, but UL are leasing 4 A330’s to cover for the shortage of aircraft which is causing all these cancellations. No defined dates when the 4 will join the fleet, but might mean things are a bit more stable, schedule wise, later in the year when all 4 are operating.

https://airwaysmag.com/sri-lankan-le...ane-shortages/

Pilot37
It's actually only two now: "SriLankan Airlines Chairman Ashok Pathirage revealed yesterday that procurement delays have resulted in only two of the four wide-body aircraft approved by the Cabinet being available for lease for the national carrier".

https://www.ft.lk/front-page/SriLank...lans/44-760301
Pilot37 likes this.
AK892 is offline  
Old Apr 5, 2024, 1:28 pm
  #1538  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: BOGish. VLCish. It's complicated.
Programs: BA
Posts: 755
Originally Posted by AK892
It's actually only two now: "SriLankan Airlines Chairman Ashok Pathirage revealed yesterday that procurement delays have resulted in only two of the four wide-body aircraft approved by the Cabinet being available for lease for the national carrier".

https://www.ft.lk/front-page/SriLank...lans/44-760301
I read the link but was unable to parse the word salad! Does anyone know what it means?
IanWorthington is online now  
Old Apr 7, 2024, 8:32 am
  #1539  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: NYC
Programs: AA Plat Pro, BAEC Silver, DL Gold
Posts: 34
Based on what I read, the government approval process too so long that only 2 of the aircraft were still available when they were ready to sign the lease (i.e. the other two were leased to other customers in the meantime.)
Flyer_Brit is offline  
Old Apr 7, 2024, 2:55 pm
  #1540  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: BOGish. VLCish. It's complicated.
Programs: BA
Posts: 755
Originally Posted by Flyer_Brit
Based on what I read, the government approval process too so long that only 2 of the aircraft were still available when they were ready to sign the lease (i.e. the other two were leased to other customers in the meantime.)
But no word on if they were signed, when they will start, or anything of that ilk.
IanWorthington is online now  
Old Apr 8, 2024, 1:20 am
  #1541  
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: SYD
Programs: BA Bronze, QR Burgundy, A3 Blue, ALL Silver, Avis Preferred
Posts: 34
Apparently the A330s are ex Air Belgium. Would be interesting to see if I jag a flight on one as I'm doing CMB-DXB and DXB-CMB in June.
Mr Enthused is offline  
Old Apr 8, 2024, 1:50 am
  #1542  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Shoreham By Sea
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 1,384
I have just been advised that the CMB to AUH flight on 17th May has been cancelled. Is there likely to be an issue getting this leg changed to QR via DOH?

I can't change my dates as doing another run the day before and can't go later as my flight back to LHR leaves AUH at 10am on the 18th
kingcole974 is offline  
Old Apr 8, 2024, 3:40 am
  #1543  
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: UK, South Korea, Singapore
Programs: BAEC GGL, KrisFlyer Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, Blah ~ Blah.. something more
Posts: 160
Originally Posted by kingcole974
I have just been advised that the CMB to AUH flight on 17th May has been cancelled. Is there likely to be an issue getting this leg changed to QR via DOH?

I can't change my dates as doing another run the day before and can't go later as my flight back to LHR leaves AUH at 10am on the 18th
Not so far, find the combination you want in the expert flyer and contact Abu Dhabi cs.
Pierre_m is online now  
Old Apr 8, 2024, 4:56 am
  #1544  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Shoreham By Sea
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 1,384
Originally Posted by Pierre_m
Not so far, find the combination you want in the expert flyer and contact Abu Dhabi cs.
No joy at all with getting moved onto QR from the AUH call centre.

Is this likely to be a case on HUACA?

At this time, weve been moved to the flight the following day (with a 26h layover in CMB) but obv too late for our BA flight back to LHR
kingcole974 is offline  
Old Apr 8, 2024, 5:04 am
  #1545  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: E14
Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Posts: 1,270
Originally Posted by kingcole974
No joy at all with getting moved onto QR from the AUH call centre.

Is this likely to be a case on HUACA?

At this time, weve been moved to the flight the following day (with a 26h layover in CMB) but obv too late for our BA flight back to LHR
I'd email asking to be moved, less issues with clear communication

You have advised me xxx -CMB-AUH has been cancelled, as I need to be in AUH by xx.xx dd/mm/yy, my preferred re-routing due to your cancellation is on QR and QR ... in classes J / F
kingcole974 likes this.
E14 26C is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.