Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IanWorthington
Meet Up & Tips Thread AUH-CMB-CGK fare:

TIPS

PSA: You WILL receive TPs and Avios even on promotional fare I Class (the no miles restriction only applies to UL's own programme).
1. The footrest on the Neo is pretty useless. It's not deep enough to hold both feet, and too high for anyone over 5ft!
2. The IFE on the Neo is crisp, but the screens on the A321-200s are also very good - they fold out from the central armrest
3. Despite the 2300 departure time from AUH, meals are provided - and thus the lights come on. There's no blindfold in the UL miniature amenity kit, so bring your own.
4. Even with the seat in front of you fully reclined, there is plenty of space to get out
5. Despite the IFE and power boxes, there is a huge amount of legroom (even for me at 6ft).
6. Upon arrival into CGK, try and grab a golf-buggy to Passport Control. It is free, and tipping is hugely frowned upon (there's a sign) - it's much quicker than walking.
7. Dependent on your passport, you may have to fill in an Immigration form. UL do not stock them onboard.
8. Once through to the baggage hall, grab a Customs form, UL wont provide this on the plane, but you'll need it to exit into the main arrivals area.
9. If using Grab Taxi (around 60% cheaper than the official airport taxis), head to the right once through into the main Arrivals area. It will lead into the car park, where you will meet your driver.
10. UL use Check-In Desks C5-C9 - between entrances 2 and 3. There is Security upon entry, but only for your baggage.
11. The Saphire CGK lounge has poor air-con, but decent drinks and acceptable food choices. Good wifi too, with views of the runway, so you can spot your plane landing. The buffet area has the best air-con if you're warm.
12. There is no Fast Track for UL passengers, and be cautious of the Ladies Only Lane at security - which often has shorter queues, but which I couldn't use.
13. If it's a bussed departure from CMB (clue:the downstairs gates) don't bust a gut to kick your heels in the lounge. J-class passengers are the very last ones to be picked (by a dedicated bus). If you are last minute, let one of the supervisors know and he/she will facilitate your passage through security. This can be a successful ploy if you are simply impatient and have a J-class bc
14. At CGK UL will check bags on separate tickets to final destination -- reportedly this holds even where non-OneWorld carriers are involved.

Irrops/ Cancellations

Email [email protected] with your preferred routing

Routings that have been accepted onto QR are
CGK-DOH (J) - AUH (F)
CMB-DOH (J) - AUH (F)

There is no J class, only F between DOH and AUH/DXB

UL has also rerouted direct to AUH on Eithad
If the CMB-AUH leg is cancelled - see if flying to Dubai is an option for you

Date Changes

Email [email protected] with your requested date changes

I emailed the above and they were able to change the flights but I had to call in to pay the fare difference - DON"T USE SKYPE as the line wasn't great to the call centre and the UL secure payment wouldn't take the keystrokes - instead call via a local contact centre number https://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/flyi...-us/contact-us I used the UK number +442085382000 and was connected to the same call centre and was able to pay the fare difference.

Original Route Crediting (ORC)
If you are collecting British Airways Tier Points and your flights were cancelled causing you to lose tier points when you were rerouted you may be able to claim ORC from the BA Executive Club - please see the following thread
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...r-s-guide.html

Missing Avios and Tier Points

Please refer to the following process note
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/36270663-post10.html

Electronic Visa On Arrival
Electronic Customs Declaration
You will need to complete the declaration upon landing https://ecd.beacukai.go.id/

MEET-UP

Flight format: DD-MM-YY ULxxx AUH-CMB Username

Addendum 23-02-19: Please also add:
1. Positioning flights in the same format as above
2. Related hotel stays in a similar format: DD-MM-YY XXX(airport code) Hotel name Username

June 2024

July 2024

Frequency of Sales Events

29 Dec 2018

1 Sep 2019
19 Sep 2019
9 Oct 2019
29 Nov 2019
18 Dec 2019

16 Jan 2020
19 Feb 2020

(Covid: Jan 2020 - May 2023)

31 Aug 2023
24 Nov 2023 732 (see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35768361-post1343.html)

31 Jan 2024 725 (see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35961171-post1440.html)

Notes on ORC and reroutings

From https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/36234833-post1713.html:

Q. What's the recommend rerouting please when there's disruption on the outbound or inbound legs of this so as to minimize TP loss?

A. A few days before the trip? I'd go for the Etihad direct AUH-CGK, and do an ORC (original routing credit) claim for the full TPs
A week or so out? You could risk an ORC, but they're normally only supposed to be for last-minute changes, not well-planned rebookings.
1+ weeks out - depends which leg is the problem:
AUH-DOH-CGK is 60+140=200,
AUH-DOH-CMB-CGK is 60+40+140=240,
AUH-CMB-KUL-CGK is 140+40+40=220,
AUH-DOH-KUL-CGK is 60+140+40=240 (but they probably won't rebook onto this)

Be warned though! From the FT ORC thread: According to the BA T&Cs, ORC is only available for BA flights. In practice it seems to be granted on other carriers sometimes but not always.

Experiences and recommendations:
  • https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/36255380-post1755.html
Print Wikipost

Oneworld: UL: DXB-CGK in J, $800 R/T

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2024 | 12:40 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, KrisFlyer Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, Blah ~ Blah.. something more
10 April cgk-cmb was cancelled / Colombo cs offered me 9th departure and I refused their offer

I talked to Abu Dhabi They presented CGK-KUL-CMB-AUH at first / I inquired about QR availability.

Initially, the ticketing was C+Y. I asked them if they could book the DOH-AUH sector with F class and they asked their superiors and then provided the sector with A class.

I'm looking forward to ORC but it's ok if it's not allowed I've already finished most of the sectors needed to maintain GGL. Escape from Curry and recliner I think that's more important lol
Old Apr 5, 2024 | 12:53 am
40 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA
Do I get the impression that cancellations are rather common on this route? Or is it just during Ramadan?
Old Apr 5, 2024 | 1:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, KrisFlyer Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, Blah ~ Blah.. something more
Originally Posted by IanWorthington
Do I get the impression that cancellations are rather common on this route? Or is it just during Ramadan?
actually its always 😂
Old Apr 5, 2024 | 3:20 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Pierre_m
10 April cgk-cmb was cancelled / Colombo cs offered me 9th departure and I refused their offer

I talked to Abu Dhabi They presented CGK-KUL-CMB-AUH at first / I inquired about QR availability.

Initially, the ticketing was C+Y. I asked them if they could book the DOH-AUH sector with F class and they asked their superiors and then provided the sector with A class.

I'm looking forward to ORC but it's ok if it's not allowed I've already finished most of the sectors needed to maintain GGL. Escape from Curry and recliner I think that's more important lol
My friend who was on the cancelled 8/4 one, emailed and just asked what the options were - was offered AUH-DOH (F) DOH-CGK (J) straight off the bat, so booked that. It's his first ever TP run and it's to get a Silver card, so he will need to rely on ORC to top-up the missing 80 TP.
Old Apr 5, 2024 | 7:20 am

Originally Posted by flashware
My friend who was on the cancelled 8/4 one, emailed and just asked what the options were - was offered AUH-DOH (F) DOH-CGK (J) straight off the bat, so booked that. It's his first ever TP run and it's to get a Silver card, so he will need to rely on ORC to top-up the missing 80 TP.
good luck to him! / incase of me, at first they refuse to provide it, but i request once again they send it 😂
Old Apr 5, 2024 | 8:40 am
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Apologises if this was mentioned up thread somewhere and I missed it, but UL are leasing 4 A330s to cover for the shortage of aircraft which is causing all these cancellations. No defined dates when the 4 will join the fleet, but might mean things are a bit more stable, schedule wise, later in the year when all 4 are operating.

https://airwaysmag.com/sri-lankan-le...ane-shortages/

Pilot37
trooper and IanWorthington like this.
Old Apr 5, 2024 | 11:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Apologises if this was mentioned up thread somewhere and I missed it, but UL are leasing 4 A330’s to cover for the shortage of aircraft which is causing all these cancellations. No defined dates when the 4 will join the fleet, but might mean things are a bit more stable, schedule wise, later in the year when all 4 are operating.

https://airwaysmag.com/sri-lankan-le...ane-shortages/

Pilot37
It's actually only two now: "SriLankan Airlines Chairman Ashok Pathirage revealed yesterday that procurement delays have resulted in only two of the four wide-body aircraft approved by the Cabinet being available for lease for the national carrier".

https://www.ft.lk/front-page/SriLank...lans/44-760301
Pilot37 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2024 | 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by AK892
It's actually only two now: "SriLankan Airlines Chairman Ashok Pathirage revealed yesterday that procurement delays have resulted in only two of the four wide-body aircraft approved by the Cabinet being available for lease for the national carrier".

https://www.ft.lk/front-page/SriLank...lans/44-760301
I read the link but was unable to parse the word salad! Does anyone know what it means?
Old Apr 7, 2024 | 8:32 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: AA Plat Pro, BAEC Silver, DL Gold
Based on what I read, the government approval process too so long that only 2 of the aircraft were still available when they were ready to sign the lease (i.e. the other two were leased to other customers in the meantime.)
Old Apr 7, 2024 | 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer_Brit
Based on what I read, the government approval process too so long that only 2 of the aircraft were still available when they were ready to sign the lease (i.e. the other two were leased to other customers in the meantime.)
But no word on if they were signed, when they will start, or anything of that ilk.
Old Apr 8, 2024 | 1:20 am

Programs: BA Bronze, QR Burgundy, A3 Blue, ALL Silver, Avis Preferred
Apparently the A330s are ex Air Belgium. Would be interesting to see if I jag a flight on one as I'm doing CMB-DXB and DXB-CMB in June.
Old Apr 8, 2024 | 1:50 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
I have just been advised that the CMB to AUH flight on 17th May has been cancelled. Is there likely to be an issue getting this leg changed to QR via DOH?

I can't change my dates as doing another run the day before and can't go later as my flight back to LHR leaves AUH at 10am on the 18th
Old Apr 8, 2024 | 3:40 am

Originally Posted by kingcole974
I have just been advised that the CMB to AUH flight on 17th May has been cancelled. Is there likely to be an issue getting this leg changed to QR via DOH?

I can't change my dates as doing another run the day before and can't go later as my flight back to LHR leaves AUH at 10am on the 18th
Not so far, find the combination you want in the expert flyer and contact Abu Dhabi cs.
Old Apr 8, 2024 | 4:56 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
Originally Posted by Pierre_m
Not so far, find the combination you want in the expert flyer and contact Abu Dhabi cs.
No joy at all with getting moved onto QR from the AUH call centre.

Is this likely to be a case on HUACA?

At this time, weve been moved to the flight the following day (with a 26h layover in CMB) but obv too late for our BA flight back to LHR
Old Apr 8, 2024 | 5:04 am
40 Countries Visited1M80 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by kingcole974
No joy at all with getting moved onto QR from the AUH call centre.

Is this likely to be a case on HUACA?

At this time, weve been moved to the flight the following day (with a 26h layover in CMB) but obv too late for our BA flight back to LHR
I'd email asking to be moved, less issues with clear communication

You have advised me xxx -CMB-AUH has been cancelled, as I need to be in AUH by xx.xx dd/mm/yy, my preferred re-routing due to your cancellation is on QR and QR ... in classes J / F
kingcole974 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.