Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: LAX-MIA-UIO RT Biz $858: 8256 flown miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wanderlust4life
LAX-JFK TRANSCONTINENTAL FLIGHTS:
Recent fare rule inclusions now prevent any routing via JFK on the non-stop transcontinental A321T aircraft. Any future booking will demand a significantly higher fare to route on the non-stops via JFK. Unless the fare rules are modified and these clauses are removed (highly doubtful), the ability to fly on the transcons via JFK is a thing of the past.
IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL BETWEEN LAX AND NYC
THEN THAT TRAVEL MUST BE ON
ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
ANY AA FLIGHT OPERATED BY AA
BUT NOT ON AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A321 (SHARKLETS) AIRCRAFT.
AND
IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL BETWEEN SFO AND NYC
THEN THAT TRAVEL MUST BE ON
ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
ANY AA FLIGHT OPERATED BY AA
BUT NOT ON AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A321 (SHARKLETS) AIRCRAFT.
LOUNGE ACCESS:
LAX AIRPORT

= When trying to gain oneworld J / QF F access based on status, it is simply departing/connecting/arriving at any point on same ticket to and from an eligible international destination. UIO is eligible and not excluded regardless of length.

= When trying to gain oneworld J / QF F access based on class of service disregarding status, it is the international long haul clause that applies. Therefore, no "oneworld/QF lounge" access for non-elites for trips to and from UIO unless booking transcons since UIO is under 5 hours. BUT AA doesn't enforce this in their own lounges so Admirals Club access is expected.

AA GOLDs(RUBYs)/NON-ELITES
Admirals Club access is granted regardless of routing as AA does not enforce international long haul rule. However, the oneworld J lounge does for Golds(rubys)/non-elites as they are aware the UIO flights are under 5 hours. Booking transcon flights in J/F gains access to the OWJ/QFF lounges.
<Transcon 3-class (JFK/MIA) in F = Admirals + Flagship + LAX oneworld J lounge + QF F Lounge LAX>
<Transcon 3-class (JFK/MIA) in J = Admirals + LAX oneworld J lounge>
<Non-Transcon F (2-class) + UIO = Technically NONE (UIO under 5 hours therefore class of service rule applies) BUT AA still opens Admirals Club doors to all customers because they dont enforce the long-haul rule>

AA PLATINUMs
Platinums gain access to all AC/Business lounges regardless of routing due to flying to and from UIO. They gain access to First/Flagship lounges when traveling in F 3-class transcon
<Transcon 3-class (JFK/MIA) in F = Admirals + Flagship + LAX oneworld J lounge + QF F Lounge LAX>
<Transcon 3-class (JFK/MIA) in J = Admirals + LAX oneworld J lounge>
<Non-Transcon F (2-class) + UIO = Admirals + LAX oneworld J>

AA EXPs
EXPs have access to all lounges at all airports regardless of routing so long as they are traveling to and from UIO on the same itinerary (an international destination neither excluded from AA's list of ineligible regions nor limited by the flight length rule)
<EXPs Transcon F (2-class) + UIO = Admirals + Flagship + LAX oneworld J + QF F lounge LAX>
<EXPs Non-Transcon F (2-class) + UIO = Admirals + Flagship + LAX oneworld J + QF F lounge LAX>
<EXPs on Transcon 3-class (JFK/MIA + UIO) in Y = Admirals + Flagship + LAX oneworld J + QF F lounge LAX>
<EXPs on Transcon 3-class (JFK/MIA + UIO) in J = Admirals + Flagship + LAX oneworld J + QF F lounge LAX>
<EXPs on Transcon 3-class (JFK/MIA + UIO) in F = Admirals + Flagship + LAX oneworld J + QF F lounge LAX>

NON-AA ONEWORLD ELITES
All sapphires and emeralds have some form of lounge access on any flight systemwide
<non-AA sapphires on ALL AA FLIGHTS = Admirals Club + oneworld J lounge LAX>
<non-AA emeralds on ALL AA FLIGHTS = Admirals Club + oneworld J lounge LAX + Flagship Lounge + QF F lounge LAX>

OTHER AIRPORTS

SFO - Admiral's Club (Centurion Lounge for a fee)
JFK - Admirals Club & Flagship Lounge for EXP/First 3-class/Emerald
MIA - Admiral's Club (Centurion Lounge for a fee), Oneworld Premium Lounge for EXP/First 3-Class/Emerald
UIO - No lounge access (Priority Pass lounge available)
YVR - No lounge access (PP for a fee)
DFW - Admiral's Club (with F/C Dining for EXP/Emerald) (Centurion Lounge for a fee)
Print Wikipost

AA: LAX-MIA-UIO RT Biz $858: 8256 flown miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:20 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Does anyone have the fare basis code for this? I found NNN7DSN1 on ITA and thought it's economy...or maybe I'm looking at the wrong fare
That's correct actually. It's an economy fare basis code with an instant upgrade.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 1:58 am

Noooooo my aircraft changed too but I didn't get a notice! My first trip is LAX-JFK-MIA-UIO-MIA-JFK-LAX and now goes A321T-757-757-757-757-A321T. I am unable to select seats for any flight on this trip.

My second trip is LAX-ORD-JFK-MIA-PTY-MIA-JFK-ORD-LAX and equipment is 787-8, 737-800, 777-300ER, E175, E175, 757, 757, 737-800. I am still able to edit seat selection on this trip.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:43 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
Noooooo my aircraft changed too but I didn't get a notice! My first trip is LAX-JFK-MIA-UIO-MIA-JFK-LAX and now goes A321T-757-757-757-757-A321T. I am unable to select seats for any flight on this trip.

My second trip is LAX-ORD-JFK-MIA-PTY-MIA-JFK-ORD-LAX and equipment is 787-8, 737-800, 777-300ER, E175, E175, 757, 757, 737-800. I am still able to edit seat selection on this trip.
I know it sucks :-( My flights for MIA-UIO-MIA were supposed to be 767 and now 757 and they are now oversold. I luckily was assigned a seat but it won't let me change it as it says theres an error and not enough seats for the number of people in my party. Im assuming that means its oversold due to the downsizing of the cabin. I guess theyll try to contact passengers to be moved to the other flight leaving that day.

I tried calling and doing HUCA several times but had no luck with modifying the itinerary. They said I can cancel without penalty and get a refund since its an equipment change, but if I want to change routing or days, I have to pay fare difference. They just won't charge me a change fee. I guess it needs to be a considerable schedule change for me to get a lot of rerouting for no extra due.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by hiima
That's correct actually. It's an economy fare basis code with an instant upgrade.
But how do we earn EQMs, would it based on the cabin type or the fare basis? I guess I'm confused because I always use fare basis to calculate mileage.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
But how do we earn EQMs, would it based on the cabin type or the fare basis? I guess I'm confused because I always use fare basis to calculate mileage.
Biz class EQMs. It's really stupid how the fare basis code is N, but the class is I.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Biz class EQMs. It's really stupid how the fare basis code is N, but the class is I.
Thanks hiima!
Old Sep 12, 2016, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Can anybody help with routing via LAX-JFK-MIA-UIO-MIA-JFK-LAX after October 6th? I can't find anything less that $1500...
Old Sep 13, 2016, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
I know it sucks :-( My flights for MIA-UIO-MIA were supposed to be 767 and now 757 and they are now oversold. I luckily was assigned a seat but it won't let me change it as it says theres an error and not enough seats for the number of people in my party. Im assuming that means its oversold due to the downsizing of the cabin. I guess theyll try to contact passengers to be moved to the other flight leaving that day.

I tried calling and doing HUCA several times but had no luck with modifying the itinerary. They said I can cancel without penalty and get a refund since its an equipment change, but if I want to change routing or days, I have to pay fare difference. They just won't charge me a change fee. I guess it needs to be a considerable schedule change for me to get a lot of rerouting for no extra due.
I have the same issue with the oversold warning. Go figure when you cut out a bunch of biz seats. I'm planning on calling in the morning to see what can be done.

My first trip is the 18th-22nd and I have 2 days in LAX before leaving for a second run - this time to PTY from 24th-26th. They better not mess with my 787 and 777-300er!
Old Sep 13, 2016, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by adurzi
Can anybody help with routing via LAX-JFK-MIA-UIO-MIA-JFK-LAX after October 6th? I can't find anything less that $1500...
I've been keeping a close eye on available routes and notice the bloody fares keep jumping up. Sometimes just for a matter of hours and other times for a few days.

In order to make my second route work I had to run with PTY instead of UIO and ended up getting more EQMs by routing via ORD to JFK instead of taking the transcon A321t.

Should I see anything I'll send you a PM.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 4:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
I'm also on two oversold 752 flights, MIA-UIO-MIA. Assigned 1F but can't change. I'm still new to AA, so curious to see how it all shakes out.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 5:17 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
I'm also on two oversold 752 flights, MIA-UIO-MIA. Assigned 1F but can't change. I'm still new to AA, so curious to see how it all shakes out.
The agent said that they'll contact those that didn't get a seat. She said that it was done automatically by status so those with EXP etc got a seat versus those with no status. She said the options were to offer the passenger to move to the other flight flying that day if space permits or moving to a different day or canceling altogether with reasonable compensation. Normally though, it can sometimes be hard to reach the passenger and therefore the passenger won't know until arriving at the airport and finding out the flight is oversold and there arent any available seats. Im stuck in 4F and my flight is oversold. Im hoping they ask for volunteers at the gate and I can get compensated for giving up my seat and going on the next flight.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
I have the same issue with the oversold warning. Go figure when you cut out a bunch of biz seats. I'm planning on calling in the morning to see what can be done.

My first trip is the 18th-22nd and I have 2 days in LAX before leaving for a second run - this time to PTY from 24th-26th. They better not mess with my 787 and 777-300er!
Let me know how it goes when you call. Im also doing the PTY run and my MIA-PTY-MIA segments are same day October 23rd. I have a few weeks in between the two runs. Already had an equipment change going via ORD from a 787 to a 737 but was able to move to the 787 flight. Hopefully none of your flights get changed either.

Last edited by wanderlust4life; Sep 13, 2016 at 5:33 am
Old Sep 17, 2016, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Just got a call from AA, asking me to change my outbound routing on Sept. 22 from LAX/JFK/MIA/UIO, to LAX/DFW/UIO, plus a $500 travel voucher. I declined, as I probably wouldn't make executive plat this year if I give up EQMS. This might've been a crazy move, in that the $500 voucher would effectively bring my travel price down to $336. Anyone have additional strategies to benefit from this oversold situation? Perhaps without giving up EQM's?
Old Sep 17, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by joetraveler99
Just got a call from AA, asking me to change my outbound routing on Sept. 22 from LAX/JFK/MIA/UIO, to LAX/DFW/UIO, plus a $500 travel voucher. I declined, as I probably wouldn't make executive plat this year if I give up EQMS. This might've been a crazy move, in that the $500 voucher would effectively bring my travel price down to $336. Anyone have additional strategies to benefit from this oversold situation? Perhaps without giving up EQM's?
Call EXP desk and maybe offer to take a slightly lower value voucher if they'll grant ORC on the outbound?
Old Sep 17, 2016, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Nice idea, are they known to do that? Unfortunately I'm only Plat this year so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.