Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: LAX-MIA-UIO RT Biz $858: 8256 flown miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wanderlust4life
LAX-JFK TRANSCONTINENTAL FLIGHTS:
Recent fare rule inclusions now prevent any routing via JFK on the non-stop transcontinental A321T aircraft. Any future booking will demand a significantly higher fare to route on the non-stops via JFK. Unless the fare rules are modified and these clauses are removed (highly doubtful), the ability to fly on the transcons via JFK is a thing of the past.
IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL BETWEEN LAX AND NYC
THEN THAT TRAVEL MUST BE ON
ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
ANY AA FLIGHT OPERATED BY AA
BUT NOT ON AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A321 (SHARKLETS) AIRCRAFT.
AND
IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL BETWEEN SFO AND NYC
THEN THAT TRAVEL MUST BE ON
ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
ANY AA FLIGHT OPERATED BY AA
BUT NOT ON AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A321 (SHARKLETS) AIRCRAFT.
LOUNGE ACCESS:
LAX AIRPORT

= When trying to gain oneworld J / QF F access based on status, it is simply departing/connecting/arriving at any point on same ticket to and from an eligible international destination. UIO is eligible and not excluded regardless of length.

= When trying to gain oneworld J / QF F access based on class of service disregarding status, it is the international long haul clause that applies. Therefore, no "oneworld/QF lounge" access for non-elites for trips to and from UIO unless booking transcons since UIO is under 5 hours. BUT AA doesn't enforce this in their own lounges so Admirals Club access is expected.

AA GOLDs(RUBYs)/NON-ELITES
Admirals Club access is granted regardless of routing as AA does not enforce international long haul rule. However, the oneworld J lounge does for Golds(rubys)/non-elites as they are aware the UIO flights are under 5 hours. Booking transcon flights in J/F gains access to the OWJ/QFF lounges.
<Transcon 3-class (JFK/MIA) in F = Admirals + Flagship + LAX oneworld J lounge + QF F Lounge LAX>
<Transcon 3-class (JFK/MIA) in J = Admirals + LAX oneworld J lounge>
<Non-Transcon F (2-class) + UIO = Technically NONE (UIO under 5 hours therefore class of service rule applies) BUT AA still opens Admirals Club doors to all customers because they dont enforce the long-haul rule>

AA PLATINUMs
Platinums gain access to all AC/Business lounges regardless of routing due to flying to and from UIO. They gain access to First/Flagship lounges when traveling in F 3-class transcon
<Transcon 3-class (JFK/MIA) in F = Admirals + Flagship + LAX oneworld J lounge + QF F Lounge LAX>
<Transcon 3-class (JFK/MIA) in J = Admirals + LAX oneworld J lounge>
<Non-Transcon F (2-class) + UIO = Admirals + LAX oneworld J>

AA EXPs
EXPs have access to all lounges at all airports regardless of routing so long as they are traveling to and from UIO on the same itinerary (an international destination neither excluded from AA's list of ineligible regions nor limited by the flight length rule)
<EXPs Transcon F (2-class) + UIO = Admirals + Flagship + LAX oneworld J + QF F lounge LAX>
<EXPs Non-Transcon F (2-class) + UIO = Admirals + Flagship + LAX oneworld J + QF F lounge LAX>
<EXPs on Transcon 3-class (JFK/MIA + UIO) in Y = Admirals + Flagship + LAX oneworld J + QF F lounge LAX>
<EXPs on Transcon 3-class (JFK/MIA + UIO) in J = Admirals + Flagship + LAX oneworld J + QF F lounge LAX>
<EXPs on Transcon 3-class (JFK/MIA + UIO) in F = Admirals + Flagship + LAX oneworld J + QF F lounge LAX>

NON-AA ONEWORLD ELITES
All sapphires and emeralds have some form of lounge access on any flight systemwide
<non-AA sapphires on ALL AA FLIGHTS = Admirals Club + oneworld J lounge LAX>
<non-AA emeralds on ALL AA FLIGHTS = Admirals Club + oneworld J lounge LAX + Flagship Lounge + QF F lounge LAX>

OTHER AIRPORTS

SFO - Admiral's Club (Centurion Lounge for a fee)
JFK - Admirals Club & Flagship Lounge for EXP/First 3-class/Emerald
MIA - Admiral's Club (Centurion Lounge for a fee), Oneworld Premium Lounge for EXP/First 3-Class/Emerald
UIO - No lounge access (Priority Pass lounge available)
YVR - No lounge access (PP for a fee)
DFW - Admiral's Club (with F/C Dining for EXP/Emerald) (Centurion Lounge for a fee)
Print Wikipost

AA: LAX-MIA-UIO RT Biz $858: 8256 flown miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:39 pm

Is this fare still around? Will need about 8,000 miles by the end of the year to retain status.

I looked on Google Flights, but cheapest is $1000 in December.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Nexus
Originally Posted by blue2007
Is this fare still around? Will need about 8,000 miles by the end of the year to retain status.

Better than I've been able to find.
8000 EQM, or Butt-In-Seat?

If just EQM, you can do it with a quick TATL run in one day.

LAX-MIA:
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...c=b;a=ONEWORLD
Old Nov 14, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP x 1.5, DL GM, JB, HH GLD
Originally Posted by blue2007

I have one set for the beginning of the month at <$1,000, around $970 or so. It's the end of the year, and prices really start to climb almost everywhere starting around the 10th or so, and then really begin hitting the ceiling about a week later through the end of the year. Bargains galore after the first week or so of January.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:34 pm

Is the oneworld J lounge referenced in the wiki the lounge located in TBIT? I was able to access it on my last PTY run, and should have no problem on my UIO run, By the end of that, I will be EXP, and hopefully, it will register in time for me to enjoy it for my last several trips of the year.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 12:03 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Flyerhandle
Is the oneworld J lounge referenced in the wiki the lounge located in TBIT? I was able to access it on my last PTY run, and should have no problem on my UIO run, By the end of that, I will be EXP, and hopefully, it will register in time for me to enjoy it for my last several trips of the year.
Yea that's the one but if you are gonna be EXP and traveling on any qualifying travel then definitely go to the QF F lounge next door! You deserve it for all that travel to get to EXP!
Old Nov 17, 2016, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
Yea that's the one but if you are gonna be EXP and traveling on any qualifying travel then definitely go to the QF F lounge next door! You deserve it for all that travel to get to EXP!
Oh, I will, the first chance I get. I will hit EXP after my next trip, but then leave again the following day, and I doubt that the status change will post to the system by then. But it should be there by the trip after that. I'll be just over 150K by year end.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Has anyone done this run recently on the 767 between MIA and UIO? My flights for next weekend still show the updated 1-2-1 layout, but I'm skeptical about an equipment swap. Any insight on if they're really flying the new cabin on this route?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:18 pm

I did it a few days ago. Seat map showed 1-2-1, but there was indeed an equipment change...which led to a bit of seat swapping after boarding.
BTW the rules get bent a tad on this route in both directions. Inbound we weren't even notified that plane was about to land, so no upright seats, items stowed, or other folly. Outbound was a good opportunity to land at MIA lying down with eyes closed just for the rush of it all.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Thanks for the info! I'm not really all that surprised given the route and the lack of updated 767s (especially after they burned one up in ORD). Just hoping to not find myself 'trapped' in a window seat in that config, so I'll have to keep an eye on it.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47
Has anyone done this run recently on the 767 between MIA and UIO? My flights for next weekend still show the updated 1-2-1 layout, but I'm skeptical about an equipment swap. Any insight on if they're really flying the new cabin on this route?
I am in UIO right now, and it was a 1-2-1 setup on my plane.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by ErthCrclr
I did it a few days ago. Seat map showed 1-2-1, but there was indeed an equipment change...which led to a bit of seat swapping after boarding.
BTW the rules get bent a tad on this route in both directions. Inbound we weren't even notified that plane was about to land, so no upright seats, items stowed, or other folly. Outbound was a good opportunity to land at MIA lying down with eyes closed just for the rush of it all.
I had the same experience. No effort made at all to get seats back to upright, so I also landed fully laid flat.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:10 am

As I get older I get a rush from the simplest of things.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:53 am

I am in UIO right now, and it was a 1-2-1 setup on my plane.
Fingers crossed then! Seems like it's hit or miss on the interior refurb. Let us know if it's the same on the return?

How's the weather? I'm looking at the forecast, and it seems like it may just rain the whole day we're there. Any tips on a thing or two to see? We fly in Sat night, and not out until Monday morning.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47
Fingers crossed then! Seems like it's hit or miss on the interior refurb. Let us know if it's the same on the return?

How's the weather? I'm looking at the forecast, and it seems like it may just rain the whole day we're there. Any tips on a thing or two to see? We fly in Sat night, and not out until Monday morning.

I did this run over Labor Day Weekend and the entire time before I arrived the weather apps and sites said it was going to rain while I was there. When I got there it was completely sunny. Asked one of the locals who laughed and said the apps are always predicting rain but are pretty much 90% wrong. Hope this is the case for you
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I had the same experience. No effort made at all to get seats back to upright, so I also landed fully laid flat.
I've actually slept through then trying to wake me up to put my seat upright.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.