Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

(Business) AA: LAX-MIA-PTY (Panama City) $723 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Business) AA: LAX-MIA-PTY (Panama City) $723 RT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Interesting...I got in at $399 pp + tax from SFO.

I had an itin on hold from the day prior at ~$750pp, and was poking around Google Flights to see if I could do better. As I was selecting flights, the fares kept dropping, and settled at around $524 all in.

As soon as I was able to get AA to price it right and hold an itin, I went back to Google Flights, and the fares on alternative flights were back up at $750pp.

FWIW, I was looking for 3+ seats, so I'm guessing my options were more limited than someone flying solo.

Kind of excited about this upcoming family vacation, made all the better with the rumored 2x EQM for 2016.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by work2fly

I had an itin on hold from the day prior at ~$750pp, and was poking around Google Flights to see if I could do better. As I was selecting flights, the fares kept dropping, and settled at around $524 all in.

As soon as I was able to get AA to price it right and hold an itin, I went back to Google Flights, and the fares on alternative flights were back up at $750pp.

FWIW, I was looking for 3+ seats, so I'm guessing my options were more limited than someone flying solo.

Kind of excited about this upcoming family vacation, made all the better with the rumored 2x EQM for 2016.
yup, you got NLE53AZ1/LAUP on all sectors. Was only available for a few hours - economy (without the /LAUP) was pricing around 250. congrats! Guess I should have booked a 2016 fare too...
Old Nov 6, 2015, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by work2fly

Can you give us dates? I am seeing lowest around $660 ai for Business. Or is that deal gone?
Old Nov 6, 2015, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Can you give us dates? I am seeing lowest around $660 ai for Business. Or is that deal gone?
Gone. It was live for a few hours yesterday.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 10:05 am

For those looking for a cheap hotel in PTY, Booking.com has been pricing the Hilton Garden Inn ~$10 less than Hilton.com. I was able to get hilton to match booking.com's $60/night and received a $50 credit on the reservation via hilton's best rate guaranteed.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Booking through AMEX can also be cheaper, but you'd still have to organize transport to the Hotel. If you're just there for a night, you might want to take the Riande or Crowne at the Airport.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
About to start my trip in YVR, the weather doesn't look great in Panama.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I have a couple on hold SFO-LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY-DFW-LAX-SFO for January 14-17 and 28-31 but I need to position in SFO from BNA and it's pretty pricey. Would kill the value of the MR. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 7, 2015, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by vhrum
I have a couple on hold SFO-LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY-DFW-LAX-SFO for January 14-17 and 28-31 but I need to position in SFO from BNA and it's pretty pricey. Would kill the value of the MR. Any suggestions?
Hope for cheap flights or look for MR out of somewhere closer. Sometimes NYC/MIA to south american deals are really cheap.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
Hope for cheap flights or look for MR out of somewhere closer. Sometimes NYC/MIA to south american deals are really cheap.
I'd love to find a cheap premium deal to South America but I haven't seen any around. If someone knows of one, please let me know.

I'm looking for cheap F/J fares to take advantage of double EQM earning while we can still earn RDMs based on distance flown. The 9-10 month window between the changes provides a nice arbitrage opportunity to earn a ton of EQMs (and more SWUs) while collecting a ton of miles. Best of both worlds while both worlds are still around.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, WestJet Gold
Originally Posted by roastpuff
About to start my trip in YVR, the weather doesn't look great in Panama.
Don't worry about the weather. I was there last week. It was sunny until 1, then cloudy and rainy until 3 (enough time for a nap and lunch), then sunny again until dark.

I got my suntan reinstated!

Now, San Juan, PR yesterday was a rainstorm...

You guys have turned me into a monster...
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by vhrum
Booked the former, extended the hold on the latter. Don't know how I'm getting to SFO yet - may deadhead with a friend who works for AA - but found a cheap Airbnb near the airport and also a couple in the city.

Originally Posted by wikipedia264
For those looking for a cheap hotel in PTY, Booking.com has been pricing the Hilton Garden Inn ~$10 less than Hilton.com. I was able to get hilton to match booking.com's $60/night and received a $50 credit on the reservation via hilton's best rate guaranteed.
Thanks so much for this - booked last night and submitted the request immediately, still waiting to hear back from them. I wonder if they change the rates when they see another website is undercutting them like this.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Just positioned to PTY from MIA on the A319. Smooth flight and I can confirm the easy-peasy same plane turn. Only thing they have is an additional checkpoint (detectors and X-ray). Interesting how much you forget in your pockets when you are used to precheck.

For those curious about seat selection. Did the 14F exit row. Plenty(!) of legroom, seat itself is okay for less than 3hrs.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:20 pm

deals still around but hard to route on the lieflat lax-jfk now.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Anyone doing this MR this weekend 11/21?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.