Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Jordanian

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Does RJ typically open up additional availability for frequent flyer seats, close to departure?

If so, how far in advance?

Specifically I am looking for HKG-BKK flight.

thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by shuly
Last night the entire left-hand side (as you exit the elevator) was closed. The right-hand side wasn't too crowded (past midnight), but: the food offering was low quality; they only serve Jordanian wines (I won't comment on their quality); there's one bar with stronger drinks but it was not manned. Worst, to enter the restrooms one has to go through the smokers zone, and the smell was unbearable. I left within a few minutes.

It's not CAI (yet?), but it's definitely not on the top of my list of favorite lounges.

Shuly
Was there last week, they already claimed #1 from CAI for shittiest lounge. I was there with a 2mo old and had to change a nappy. Now imagine that.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Last night the entire left-hand side (as you exit the elevator) was closed. The right-hand side wasn't too crowded (past midnight), but: the food offering was low quality; they only serve Jordanian wines (I won't comment on their quality); there's one bar with stronger drinks but it was not manned. Worst, to enter the restrooms one has to go through the smokers zone, and the smell was unbearable. I left within a few minutes.

It's not CAI (yet?), but it's definitely not on the top of my list of favorite lounges.

Shuly
Yep, the bathrooms were in a dire state.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
As I believe I noted up-thread, for those with access to the other lounge in the terminal (e.g., those with Priority Pass), it's far superior (albeit in a lower level setting with no views).
Old Nov 8, 2019, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by dtm1
I am flying BKK - TLV via AMM (in J). The transfer time is just over 1 hour. Do I need to reclear security or recheck bags?
Just did it now. The BKK flight arrived 20 minutes early. Short walk to transfer security. I was there first but I don’t believe the lines ever get very long. Five more minutes and I was in the lounge.

I believe the longest you can walk, from one end of the 200 gates to the other end of the 100’s, is no more than 15 minutes. Add at most 10 minutes for security. No immigration for transfer. And it’s all pretty well signposted.

All in all, a small airport that is easy to handle, and transfer is smooth. I wish the lounge were nicer...

Shuly
Old Nov 8, 2019, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Does RJ typically open up additional availability for frequent flyer seats, close to departure?

If so, how far in advance?

Specifically I am looking for HKG-BKK flight.

thanks!
With so many CX flights on this route every day (not to mention TG, and at least four other airlines), why RJ?

Shuly
Old Nov 8, 2019, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by florens
I was there recently and it was very crowded. Got a bottle of water and left and went to the quiet terminal area.
This early AM the lounge was almost empty, with only four flights leaving in four hours. Still, the food was mediocre and the smell of smoke overwhelming, especially around the restrooms. Again, I preferred to wait elsewhere. They really should do something about it.

Shuly
Old Nov 9, 2019, 9:11 am

Just did it now. The BKK flight arrived 20 minutes early. Short walk to transfer security. I was there first but I don’t believe the lines ever get very long. Five more minutes and I was in the lounge.

I believe the longest you can walk, from one end of the 200 gates to the other end of the 100’s, is no more than 15 minutes. Add at most 10 minutes for security. No immigration for transfer. And it’s all pretty well signposted.

All in all, a small airport that is easy to handle, and transfer is smooth. I wish the lounge were nicer...

Shuly
how was the flight itself in J?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 9:28 am

Welcome to FLyerTalk Moony2000!

I am not particularly fond of the hard product. Seats are cramped and totally lack privacy. I always prefer the window seat on long-haul flights, and when someone is seated next to me, it's very awkward to leave the window seat. I was lucky enough to have the seat next to me free on AMM-BKK (the only open seat in the cabin!), but on the way back it was a full house. Having said that, the seat itself is comfortable, and I found the bed great. As both flights were night flights, I simply slept most of the time (6-7 hours on each of them).

I didn't try the food, but was surprised that on AMM-BKK they serve "a snack" (don't know what this means) followed by breakfast. The drink selection is poor. Even the coffee -- they serve Arabic coffee pre-departure but not during the flight.

I have nothing to say about IFE. There's no WiFi on these aircraft. The FAs seemed friendly.

I'll do it again if the price and times are right; but RJ is certainly not at the top of my most favorite airlines (I usually fly TK; and on OneWorld, I prefer IB (but not BA!) over RJ).

Shuly
Old Nov 10, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: QF PL (OW Emerald) Lifetime Gold; HGP Explorist; SPG Gold; HH Diamond
Thanks for the update. Hopefully the lounge issue will be fixed by mid-december.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:36 pm

When RJ opens tickets for sale? For the last 10 days the latest date is 24/10/2020 and no new dates opening.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
RJ's website has to be the worst I've ever had to deal with.
salut0 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 7:15 pm

I may have posted this question in the wrong place (in its own thread - my apologies) where I got no replies, so will post it here:

I will be flying RJ in Economy from Cairo to Aqaba, with a flight change in Amman, arriving about 6PM on a Thursday, if we are not delayed. How strictly enforced are the carry-on rules? We will be staying in Aqaba just one night, before walking across the border into Israel the next morning. So a lost or delayed bag could really be a huge problem.

Ideally, my husband and I will carry on everything, as we plan to do on all the other legs of a 7 week round the world trip. But all the rest of the flights we are in Business.

I know I need to have the CC on which we booked the ticket with me, but any advice those familiar with RJ may have for us is most welcome. Thanks much.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by oruvin
Hi guys, will be flying LHR-AMM-LHR in Y "Super Saver" (Economy Restricted) - this fare doesn't have any checked baggage allowance nor free seat selection. Will I be able to use OW Sapphire (BAEC Silver) benefits - ie free baggage and seat selection?
Late reply for this, but would like to let everyone know anyway: with the "Super Saver" you are NOT eligible for the additional baggage due to Silver status. I checked with RJ directly.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by oruvin
When RJ opens tickets for sale? For the last 10 days the latest date is 24/10/2020 and no new dates opening.
Will quote myself... Still nothing is available to purchase past 24/11/2020 on the RJ website - when are they opening flights for sale?
Was trying to contact various RJ customer services - they are rather useless, or clueless, or negligent...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.