Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Jordanian

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Carotthat
As you are travelling in business, I do not know whether you want to check out the lounge - it could waste your time.
Thank you very much. I have no plan to try the lounge -- not if I have to spend 20 minutes in the security line proving my laptop is a laptop, etc.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Carotthat
Be aware the "longest" problem could be the crazy immigration procedure before security re-check at AMM.
Just to follow up... AMM transfer went great. My longhaul docked about 15 minutes early, there was no immigration, bag security took 5 minutes with no line, and I was upstairs on the departure level finding my onward flight to DXB within 10 minutes of deplaning. The airport was small and very quiet, and I think is a great transfer point under the right conditions. RJ inflight service surpassed expectations also. 10/10 would try again.
Carotthat, jgor and WVUFLYEER13 like this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: QF PL (OW Emerald) Lifetime Gold; HGP Explorist; SPG Gold; HH Diamond
I am flying BKK - TLV via AMM (in J). The transfer time is just over 1 hour. Do I need to reclear security or recheck bags?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dtm1
I am flying BKK - TLV via AMM (in J). The transfer time is just over 1 hour. Do I need to reclear security or recheck bags?
See my posts directly above. I just did a similar AMM transfer (ORD-AMM-DXB). Upon deplaning on the lower level you follow the signs for international transfers. A quick security / baggage scan ensues. There was no passport or boarding pass check, and I was through and up the escalator to the upper / departures level in about 7 minutes. Your bag is checked straight through to your final, no claim-recheck process.

It is a very quick and simple process and I think RJ could make more of it in marketing, comparing AMM to long, laborious transfers, sometimes involving buses and long queues, at other hubs.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:21 pm

Thanks very much. I had assumed as much, but was not sure whether additional security might apply for transfers to TLV. Now just have to hope that the lounge is open at 4am...
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:19 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SAS Gold (butt in seat)
Thanks very much. I had assumed as much, but was not sure whether additional security might apply for transfers to TLV. Now just have to hope that the lounge is open at 4am...
It is open 24/7
Old Sep 24, 2019, 1:04 am

Please report after the flight; I'm doing the same route in November

Shuly
Old Sep 25, 2019, 7:36 pm

Has anyone booked a royal jordanian flight using AA miles and added an infant? How did you go about doing that?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by shuly
Please report after the flight; I'm doing the same route in November

Shuly
I'm not flying until December, so may need to rely on your report
Old Oct 3, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Lounge under renovation

Just a heads up. There is renovation work going on in the lounge. Most of the part that’s on the same side as the checkin counter is blocked off. I bet it gets nice and crowded at peak times.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 8:57 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Seat selection - all chargable?

Hi,
Asking on behalf a friend - what's the policy of RJ for seat selection for OW elite members (Sapphire and above) for the "norma"l seats in Y (= not exit row or seat with additional legroom - which I understand is done via Optiontown).

He was informed that even for normal seats, OW elite members need to pay for it...I am quite surprised by this as even BA and MH (at least from experience) do not charge if hold Sapphire and higher status.

Cheers!
Old Oct 8, 2019, 6:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Flew RJ last week LHR-AMM. We order a special meal. They have lacto-ovo vegetarian and vegetarian. I figured vegetarian might be vegan as they didn‘t have vegan as such available and because lacto-ovo vegetarian suggested it will contain dairy products.

Well even the vegetarian meal was lacto-ovo vegetarian as the salad had cheese on it and the dressing contained sour cream. The crew didn‘t know what vegan meant so I explained it to them.

We ate the food anyway as we make exceptions. It was tasty, but a little bit bland for our liking.

The crew were attentive and we got plenty of refills (Taittinger). I would fly with them again for sure.

Starters

Main course

Generous brandy pour. The tart was delicious!

Dessert cart
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by arabiamark
Just a heads up. There is renovation work going on in the lounge. Most of the part that’s on the same side as the checkin counter is blocked off. I bet it gets nice and crowded at peak times.
It does. The other lounge at AMM, which is a priority pass lounge, is much nicer and calmer, albeit without views.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I was there recently and it was very crowded. Got a bottle of water and left and went to the quiet terminal area.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 9:34 pm

AMM crown lounge

Originally Posted by florens
I was there recently and it was very crowded. Got a bottle of water and left and went to the quiet terminal area.
Last night the entire left-hand side (as you exit the elevator) was closed. The right-hand side wasn't too crowded (past midnight), but: the food offering was low quality; they only serve Jordanian wines (I won't comment on their quality); there's one bar with stronger drinks but it was not manned. Worst, to enter the restrooms one has to go through the smokers zone, and the smell was unbearable. I left within a few minutes.

It's not CAI (yet?), but it's definitely not on the top of my list of favorite lounges.

Shuly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.