Royal Jordanian

Old Aug 26, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by dmarge18
Is 50 min in Amman enough time for a connection (TLV-AMM-DOH)? I'm assuming if we don't have any remote gates/bus rides it will be, but will the bus ride affect us if we come into a remote stand? We'll be in RJ Crown Class if it helps.
This is enough. I never missed a flight in AMM even with short transit time and late arrival of the incoming a/c. RJ usually waits for all passengers to arrive to their next flight when the arriving a/c is late.
Xyzzy, dmarge18 and WVUFLYEER13 like this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 7:37 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

TLV-AMM

I just booked a quick hop from TLV-AMM. Anyone flown this route? Anything unusual I should know about?
Old Aug 27, 2022, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
I just booked a quick hop from TLV-AMM. Anyone flown this route? Anything unusual I should know about?
I flew it once on an American passport. Nothing unusual. Typical security questions at TLV. On arrival in AMM I had to purchase a visa on arrival; I seem to recall that I had to pay in local currency, which I didnít have, so the immigration agent directed me to an ATM, and then let me right back up to the desk when I had my cash. (I may be misremembering, but it was something like that. It all worked out fine and fairly painlessly.)

BTW, I went to a neighborhood cafe in Amman, and a fight broke out among the young men at an adjacent table, with tables toppled and chairs thrown. I reported that to a Jordanian colleague of mine whoís response was, ďOh, that type of thing happens all the time!Ē
MileageAddict and Xyzzy like this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: RJ Platinum, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerby
Just tried to call RJís platinum call center. The IVR asked for my membership number and pin code and then replied that this line is only for platinum members which I am. It then hung up. Anyone had a similar or different experience using the platinum call center?
I called both the Platinum line and the main call centre from skype this week and had no problems, it verified my membership number and the PIN code and the agent addressed me by name straigtaway.
flyerby likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 3:58 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by Blumie
I flew it once on an American passport. Nothing unusual. Typical security questions at TLV. On arrival in AMM I had to purchase a visa on arrival; I seem to recall that I had to pay in local currency, which I didnít have, so the immigration agent directed me to an ATM, and then let me right back up to the desk when I had my cash. (I may be misremembering, but it was something like that. It all worked out fine and fairly painlessly.)

BTW, I went to a neighborhood cafe in Amman, and a fight broke out among the young men at an adjacent table, with tables toppled and chairs thrown. I reported that to a Jordanian colleague of mine whoís response was, ďOh, that type of thing happens all the time!Ē
I purchased the Jordan Pass which covers the cost of a visa upon arrival but I'll still be sure to hit the ATM after getting off the plane. Crazy about the fight...lol
Old Aug 28, 2022, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Flown this many times as part of a larger itinerary. As mentioned above need visa on arrival or the Jordan pass depending on how long the stay is. Is this a round trip? Nothing unusual on the TLV end ..AMM is an easy airport to navigate. Lots of interesting things to do in and around Amman and further afield in the desert.
salut0 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 8:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Donít expect to be admitted to the Dan Lounge in TLV based on elite status if you donít have RJ status specifically. See this discussion:
Frustrating experience at Dan lounge TLV

But then again, people say itís a nasty lounge anyway. RJ Crown lounge in AMM is excellent, though, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. You can even pay to enter if you donít have status.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
I called both the Platinum line and the main call centre from skype this week and had no problems, it verified my membership number and the PIN code and the agent addressed me by name straigtaway.
I sent an email to [email protected] and they fixed the problem.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What’s RJ Europe to AMM service like in business these days? Are they still rolling around the trolley w meals served a la carte to order? Or all delivered on one tray from the galley? They used to have such a nice, multi-course product, but I’m afraid Covid May have chipped away at it.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Hello,

Few questions about Royal Jordanian

-Flying business class ams-dxb & back . On the way dxb--amm & amm-ams I have 9 hours 40 min in Amm (overnight) how can I book a complementary hotel or will it be assigned automatically in Amman airport ?
- How much checkin luggage am I allowed in Business class being a one world emerald ?

Thank you in Advance for the replies.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: GGLfL
Can anyone help with a question on the OneWorld additional baggage allowance on RJ, if you are a non-RJ (BA in this case) Emerald.

As far as I can see, the standard business class allowance on LHR-AMM-MCT is 1 x 32kg bag and 1 x 23kg bag. Will I be allowed a 3rd (32kg) bag as per the additional allowance for RJ's elites? Does it matter than the onward codeshare flight AMM-MCT is operated by WY.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 12:04 pm

Hello MrSimonR I had called Royal Jordanian on phone they confirmed a third bag of 32 kgs is allowed for all one world emerald. But can't find it any where on their site. Hence I posted here. But if the bag is actually allowed it should be no problem lhr-mct as the bags shall be through checked. Though on the return flight if it is operated by wy u might have to pay for excess luggage.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by diamantaire
Hello MrSimonR I had called Royal Jordanian on phone they confirmed a third bag of 32 kgs is allowed for all one world emerald. But can't find it any where on their site. Hence I posted here. But if the bag is actually allowed it should be no problem lhr-mct as the bags shall be through checked. Though on the return flight if it is operated by wy u might have to pay for excess luggage.
Thanks for your advice. I did contact the RJ support centre by email, which replied that: "Kindly note that as Emerald member, you are allowed one additional bag for free in addition to your ticketed allowance". Meanwhile this rule can be applied for flights operated and marketed by Oneworld airlines, therefore this allowance will not apply for your flight from AMM-MCT."

So, it appears that while I can check in 3 bags, I will need to pay WY for the AMM-MCT sector. Not sure how this works in practice - will RJ check-in at LHR collect excess baggage on behalf of WY? Or will RJ accept the 3rd bag without charge, but the gate agent will require me to pay before boarding in AMM? I have not got the WY booking reference and tried to add an additional bag to the booking, but the option is greyed out.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 8:34 am

Imo the third bag to mct will go for free if its is 1 tkt as both rj & wy have coshare & interline agreements in place hence when u check in at lhr u should collect it at mct. Though on the way back u shall have to pay for anything above wy check-in allowance
Old Sep 5, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: aa,ac,hh
What email address did you use? I tried to email RJ abut whether a hotel could be allowed for a 30 hour layover, but never received a reply.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.