Royal Jordanian

Old May 9, 2019, 10:28 am
  #91  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Germany, Bavaria
Programs: AY+ Plat, SAS Gold (butt in seat)
Posts: 369
Keep in mind, no OW whatever status rocks with RJ concerning Seat selection prior CI. And even at CI, nobody cared (in my case).
Carotthat is offline  
Old May 9, 2019, 10:43 am
  #92  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: STL
Posts: 1,559
Thanks for the heads up.

I don't really care where I sit, seems like there's not a bad seat in business class, but I'm traveling with someone and I'd like to sit with them. Even if we get random seat selection, what are the odds they're at least next to each other?
t325 is offline  
Old May 9, 2019, 12:39 pm
  #93  
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 4,393
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
It's under Manage booking / Additional services /seat map. Seat maps aren't available at the 11-month mark, but about a couple of months later.
Or never....Recently on my long haul flights on the 787, I tried months, weeks and even 2-3 days before my flight, it always came up with the message that the seat map could not be displayed. In the end - I just let the system choose the seats for me - which luckily were the window pair seats. During online check-in, I did not manage to change any of the computer selected seats.

Although I guess if you do face the same situation - you can call RJ to get them to book your preferred seats.

Cheers!
nldogbert is online now  
Old May 14, 2019, 12:45 pm
  #94  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: STL
Posts: 1,559
I changed the dates on my AA business award with RJ segments, and it was reticketed, but when I view my res on rj.com, I get these errors:
  • Sorry, your session is in a invalid state, your request could not be completed. (52002)
  • We are not able to compute the available services for this flight. (15231)
The option to select my seats has disappeared. But, the page says Booking Confirmed at the top, all the flights say "Flight Confirmed" in the middle of the page. Are those error messages anything to worry about? Want to make sure my reservation isn't in limbo. If I scroll to the very bottom, I seen an 001 E-ticket number, but only one of them - the res has 2 passengers (both show in the middle of the page).
t325 is offline  
Old May 14, 2019, 2:36 pm
  #95  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Posts: 1,871
The RJ segment has to be reissued too. AA has to contact RJ to fix this issue.
flyerby is offline  
Old May 14, 2019, 4:24 pm
  #96  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: STL
Posts: 1,559
Originally Posted by flyerby
The RJ segment has to be reissued too. AA has to contact RJ to fix this issue.
Hmm, really? I called RJ and they confirmed that the tickets were issued with all of the correct flight details (I figured they'd know if something was off), so what should I tell AA when I call? Or am I worrying over nothing here?
t325 is offline  
Old May 15, 2019, 2:08 am
  #97  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Posts: 1,871
Originally Posted by t325
Hmm, really? I called RJ and they confirmed that the tickets were issued with all of the correct flight details (I figured they'd know if something was off), so what should I tell AA when I call? Or am I worrying over nothing here?
This is what RJ told me when I talked with them about a similar issues as seen at their website. What did RJ tell you? If thereís no issue then why is their website experiencing the issues you described? Did you ask them to fix these issues? What did they say?
flyerby is offline  
Old May 15, 2019, 6:15 am
  #98  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: STL
Posts: 1,559
Originally Posted by flyerby

This is what RJ told me when I talked with them about a similar issues as seen at their website. What did RJ tell you? If thereís no issue then why is their website experiencing the issues you described? Did you ask them to fix these issues? What did they say?
My brain was so fried from work yesterday I didn't even think to ask them, haha. I'll call again.

BTW, I called the NY/JFK reservation number, is that the correct number to call from the US, or is there another one? I don't mind paying international long distance if it gets my questions answered.
t325 is offline  
Old May 15, 2019, 3:16 pm
  #99  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: STL
Posts: 1,559
Originally Posted by flyerby

This is what RJ told me when I talked with them about a similar issues as seen at their website. What did RJ tell you? If thereís no issue then why is their website experiencing the issues you described? Did you ask them to fix these issues? What did they say?
I called RJ (NY number, not sure if there's a better one to call) and they said it's because I can't select seats for an AA award reservation. Called AA and they also insist everything's been ticketed correctly, so I guess all I can do is hope everything's correct?
t325 is offline  
Old May 15, 2019, 10:47 pm
  #100  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Posts: 1,871
Originally Posted by t325
...
The option to select my seats has disappeared. ...
Originally Posted by t325
I called RJ (NY number, not sure if there's a better one to call) and they said it's because I can't select seats for an AA award reservation. Called AA and they also insist everything's been ticketed correctly, so I guess all I can do is hope everything's correct?
Maybe itís nothing and everything will be OK but you said that prior to the rescheduling you didnít have these errors and were able to see the option to choose seats. I would insist. I would tell RJ that they have a problem in their system and these error werenít before. HUCA as many times as needed. I donít feel comfortable when my ticket is in such a state. My persistence had helped me in the past in numerous occasions to fix a broken ticket.
flyerby is offline  
Old May 30, 2019, 7:00 am
  #101  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: STL
Posts: 1,559
Originally Posted by flyerby



Maybe itís nothing and everything will be OK but you said that prior to the rescheduling you didnít have these errors and were able to see the option to choose seats. I would insist. I would tell RJ that they have a problem in their system and these error werenít before. HUCA as many times as needed. I donít feel comfortable when my ticket is in such a state. My persistence had helped me in the past in numerous occasions to fix a broken ticket.
I've emailed, I've called, I keep getting the same answer. I can't select seats because it was booked with American (seems to not be true based off what I've read) and nothing is wrong, but I'm just not confident. Is there a better phone number to call? I've been calling the NY reservation number, is there another one I should try? If I have to pay international long distance charges, I will.

Almost wondering if it's worth canceling the reservation, paying the $175 award redeposit fee, and rebooking.
t325 is offline  
Old May 30, 2019, 1:42 pm
  #102  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Posts: 1,871
Originally Posted by t325
...I've been calling the NY reservation number, is there another one I should try? ...
+962 6 5100000
Call center in Amman.
flyerby is offline  
Old May 30, 2019, 11:17 pm
  #103  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 387
BA Gold - Luggage on RJ

Is it correct that RJ will only let me have two bags checked in on a flight that connects on to a BA flight (which I believe will let me have three given I'm gold)?
webstereo is offline  
Old May 31, 2019, 1:17 am
  #104  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Posts: 1,871
Originally Posted by webstereo
Is it correct that RJ will only let me have two bags checked in on a flight that connects on to a BA flight (which I believe will let me have three given I'm gold)?
Which flights? On a single ticket? What does ticket say?
flyerby is offline  
Old May 31, 2019, 1:21 am
  #105  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Posts: 1,871
Hereís the prices for the air side transit hotel in AMM:


flyerby is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.