Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Jordanian

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: aa,ac,hh
I finally got a reply but it would have been better to have received nothing. They claimed that complimentary transit hotels can only be dealt with by the agency that issued the ticket (I needed an agency because RJ's reservation system couldn't handle a YYZ-AMM-BKK connection.).
In my opinion this is nonsense. Complimentary transit hotels are an operational matter and not handled by TA's.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 11:21 am

Obviously if one's considerations are just cost, then it doesn't matter what you get as the economy factor is paramount. I agree that Amman lounge facilities are superior to anything you find it TLV, but my comparison reference is actually DXB OR DOH. AMM let alone TLV lag far behind
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Smile Champagne obsessed

Does AMM lounge serve champagne? Does RJ serve champagne on AMM DXB flights in business? Do they do champagne for predeparture beverages?
Old Sep 18, 2022, 3:09 am

No champagne is nowhere to be seen in the lounge or beyond. They cater to Jordanian tastes predominantly.
asnovici likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
Originally Posted by Safifi
No champagne is nowhere to be seen in the lounge or beyond. They cater to Jordanian tastes predominantly.
That’s because every Jordanian knows that Champagne is so overrated.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 10:35 am

If RJ is deemed to be an International airline and part of the OneWorld alliance, both the airline and the airport fail miserably by catering to its presumed Target clientele particularly those that connect through AMM. Catering just to Jordanian resident tastes is a losing proposition.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by Safifi
No champagne even in flight? What do they do for predepartures? Just coffee?
Old Sep 18, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by ahopkins767
That’s because every Jordanian knows that Champagne is so overrated.
The champagne served on every business flight on any airline, where I'd chosen to have some was poor.
Only at the Etihad First Lounge in AUH was it worth having.
I would agree that champagne <$USD50, which is what you get in Business, is overrated.
ahopkins767 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:17 am

JFK-AMM Business Partner Award Availability

Has something changed recently with Royal Jordanian’s partner award availability for JFK-AMM? Searching on American Airlines, I can only ever find 1 seat available in business, even all the way out to August 2023.

I remember seeing 2 seats commonly available months ago, and earlier in this thread someone said they booked 2 business JFK-AMM-TLV using AA miles.

Last edited by definition_graze; Sep 21, 2022 at 7:19 am Reason: Typo
Old Sep 22, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Bonvoy
RJ Experience Today

I've never flown RJ but in early August I booked two flights thru AMM to attend the World Cup. The second leg is AMM to DOH on Sunday November 20th which is the day of the Opening Match which kicks off at 7PM local. I booked RJ652 with a 09:10 AM AMM departure and 12:50 PM DOH arrival. It's perfect timing for me to land, clear immigration/customs, check into my lodging, then get somewhere to watch the Opening Match at 7PM.

I woke up this morning with an email from RJ informing me that I had been rebooked to RJ654 with a 16:25 departure and 20;05 PM arrival, which means it would land right about halftime of the Opening Match making it impossible for me to see any of it.

This change came out of the blue which isn't anything new, but when I looked online to see if there may be another option maybe in the afternoon I saw that my original flight RJ652 was still available and bookable, although sold out in Economy. I had to dig around and use google but I found a phone number for RJ's Chicago office and called them. Surprisingly, after a handful of prompts I got right thru to a live human. Without even any complaining she put me back on the original flight, and I was emailed the new/original itinerary right after.

I've had my flight changed before but I think that's the first time I was rebooked off a flight that wasn't cancelled or rescheduled. The good part is they switched me back and unlike every other airline call I've made the past 2 years or so, no wait time to get through. But overall I'm not very impressed with them doing this.

My guess is that my original flight is a very high demand flight arriving the morning of the start of the World Cup in Doha. And the flight they switched me to is lightly booked as it flies during that opening Match. So they just decided to move a bunch of us.

Also, I'm One World Emerald, but have no idea if that helped me get an easy switch back. It obviously didn't help me to not get unilaterally switched in the first place.
SW7London likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by salut0
How do you add an Alaska airlines frequent flyer number to an RJ reservation? Doesn’t appear on their website in the list of programs (although they still have bankrupt and defunct Air Berlin…)

Hi,

Did you find out how we can add the Alaska air number on the RJ reservation? I have an upcoming trip in paid J and wondering about this. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by puding
Did you find out how we can add the Alaska air number on the RJ reservation? I have an upcoming trip in paid J and wondering about this. Thanks in advance.
Can’t remember — either asked them at checkin to add it or added it by calling RJ customer service on the phone.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by salut0
Can’t remember — either asked them at checkin to add it or added it by calling RJ customer service on the phone.
Thank you for the reply. Will try calling RJ customer service.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 5:16 pm

Try the Finnair or Malaysian MMB
asnovici likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Nikko5
Try the Finnair or Malaysian MMB
Thank you. Was able to add Alaska FFN using Finnair site. However, when I check original reservation, it still shows frequent flyer program as RJ despite having my Alaska FFN. Guess I will have to check and confirm during checkin in Tunis airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.