Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: B747-437B
Ethiopian Long-Haul Aircraft with Flat Bed Seats
(UPDATED 05NOV23)

TOTAL : 59 aircraft - 49 with fully flat beds, 10 with 160-angled flat

At least 50+ aircraft with WiFi. WiFi has now been installed on almost all 787s in addition to the 777/350 fleet.

Boeing 777-200LRs
(Total 6 - with WiFi)

ET-ANN - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANO - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANP - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANQ - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANR - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-AQL - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite

Boeing 777-300ERs
(Total 4 - with WiFi)

ET-APX - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-APY - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ASK - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ASL - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite

Boeing 787-8s
(Total 19 - most - if not all - now fitted with WiFi)

===
ET-AOO - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOP - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOQ - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOR - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOS - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOT - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOU - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOV - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-ARE - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-ARF - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-ASG - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ASH - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ASI - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATG - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATH - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATI - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATJ - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATK - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATL - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel

NOTE : All B787-8 flights are loaded with the flat bed seatmap until between 48-72 hours prior to the flight. Check back within 48 hours when the actual aircraft is allocated and the seatmap may change. If row 11 shows seats ABC-DEF-JKL, then you have the old configuration. If it shows only seats JKL for row 11, then it is the new configuration.

Boeing 787-9s
(Total 10 - all equipped with WiFi)

ET-AUO - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUP - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUQ - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUR - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AXK - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AXL - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AXS - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)
ET-AYC - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)
ET-AYD - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)
ET-AXT - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)

Airbus 350-900s
(Total 20 - all equipped with Wifi)

ET-ATQ - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATR - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATY - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUA - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUB - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUC - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVB - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVC - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVD - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVE - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWM - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWN - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWO - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWP - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AYA - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AYB - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AYM - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AYN - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AZI - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AZN - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)

Print Wikipost

Ethiopian Best Business Class Seats?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2021, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by cheltzel
We flew one of the 789s today ADD-ORD (ET-AXK). I saw that the seats in the first row have full sized footwells. Has anyone flown in the first row on the 789 and can comment about any issues with light and noise coming out of the galley?
No issues with noise or light if the curtains are closed. There is a fairly solid galley module and lav module that separates the galley from the cabin so its a non-issue.

Last row of the cabin however tends to be a bit chattery with Economy passengers congregating by door 2 to stretch legs and wait for the lav.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 5:18 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
How would you rate the last J row on the A350? Got 5L booked for two legs in a few weeks.

Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2021, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Saltire74
How would you rate the last J row on the A350? Got 5L booked for two legs in a few weeks.
Seats are fine. As noted above, some minor noise as the lav and galley are right behind you.
Saltire74 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 3:41 pm

Programs: QF LTG
How long prior to departure does ET typically sort out equipment swaps? My flights FCO-ADD and ADD-LFW-JFK both currently show 2-2-2 configurations however flightradar seems to indicate that 713 has been operated by 1-2-1 reverse herringbone configurations quite a lot lately. I have currently selected an aisle in the middle section but would obviously much prefer a window in the 1-2-1 config.

Also does anyone have very recent experience transiting in ADD? Just wondering if there is good info about covid testing requirements as there is lots of mixed info online, none of it particularly recent
Old Jul 11, 2021, 6:14 am

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum
I transited ADD on June 24 from EBB enroute to JNB. I had a negative RT-PCR from Entebbe and they looked at it in EBB at departure and at transit point in ADD. But no issues and a very smooth transit.
PbodyPhoto likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 1:05 pm

Just spoke with ET over twitter DM and they confirmed no covid test is required for transit, it is only required if your destination requires it.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
How long prior to departure does ET typically sort out equipment swaps?
Usually at around midnight Addis time two calendar days prior to departure, but occasionally as late as 2 hours prior to departure. If it is just a sub-type within the same fleet, more likely to be within the latter window.
PbodyPhoto and sushimaru like this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 1:32 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
I had the pleasure of 1A on one of the 2x2x2 A350s the other night flying ADD-LHR. I was the only pax in the cabin. Found the seat really comfortable however, thought what it must be like trying to get out if I had a seat neighbour. Might be quite tight trying to step over. Am re-thinking my seating for my return on whether to take a centre aisle or not.

Wasn’t a great fan of the B788 seat (ET-AOQ) on the first leg of my journey and wouldn’t have been comfortable for a journey of more than 4 hours.

Last edited by Saltire74; Jul 17, 2021 at 1:37 am
Old Jul 21, 2021, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by B747-437B
No issues with noise or light if the curtains are closed. There is a fairly solid galley module and lav module that separates the galley from the cabin so its a non-issue.

Last row of the cabin however tends to be a bit chattery with Economy passengers congregating by door 2 to stretch legs and wait for the lav.
Do you have any opinions/observations on row 1 of the 788? I was looking at the photos of the cabin on the airliner.net photo database and it is hard to tell if it is similar to the configuration to the bulkhead seats on the 787-9 (meaning a larger footwell).

Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2021, 12:02 am

Do you have any opinions/observations on row 1 of the 788? I was looking at the photos of the cabin on the airliner.net photo database and it is hard to tell if it is similar to the configuration to the bulkhead seats on the 787-9 (meaning a larger footwell).
The early config ones have a pseudo-footwell that really doesn't help anything. The latter config 787-8s are the same as the early 787-9s. I'm a fan of row 3 or 4 myself, but that is just personal preference.
sushimaru likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 1:45 am

The early config ones have a pseudo-footwell that really doesn't help anything. The latter config 787-8s are the same as the early 787-9s. I'm a fan of row 3 or 4 myself, but that is just personal preference.
My interests are driven by being 1.88 m tall and having a European size 46 (extra wide) shoe size. So a larger than normal footwell makes for better sleeping.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 2:46 am

My interests are driven by being 1.88 m tall and having a European size 46 (extra wide) shoe size. So a larger than normal footwell makes for better sleeping.
As someone who is size 47 myself I know exactly what you mean. This is exactly why I prefer the older configuration seats with the "full size" footwell rather than the tapering footwells in the newfangled designs where I invariably wind up twisted into some abnormal position!!
Old Jul 22, 2021, 7:49 am

As someone who is size 47 myself I know exactly what you mean. This is exactly why I prefer the older configuration seats with the "full size" footwell rather than the tapering footwells in the newfangled designs where I invariably wind up twisted into some abnormal position!!
I have found that a lot of the currently popular newer business seats are very pretty and have wonderful features. But for a taller "bigfoot" most are terrible for sleeping.

Personally, I would take the TK 777 business hard product over many of the newer business class seats.
B747-437B likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 9:06 am

Just a data point on equipment changes. I am in Italy and got an expertflyer alert email at 23:47 last night for a change of seatmap on my Sunday night FCO-ADD flight. From old layout to new so I’m happy.

The email came about 70 hours before departure. My window seat was preserved.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 9:04 am

I'll book my wife and myself on ET soon for a trip to LUN next year. I noticed that the default seat map for ET575 (ORD-ADD) is the generic four row 787. I want to get seats in of the row 1 pairs of seats for the two of us (either 1A/1C or 1J/1L). The aisle seats of these pairs (1C & 1J) are blocked on the seat map and correspond to the bassinet positions on SeatGuru (making the big assumption that SeatGuru is accurate in this instance). Can these blocked seats be easily assigned in advance via a telephone call, or a message on social media?

TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.