Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: B747-437B
Ethiopian Long-Haul Aircraft with Flat Bed Seats
(UPDATED 05NOV23)

TOTAL : 59 aircraft - 49 with fully flat beds, 10 with 160-angled flat

At least 50+ aircraft with WiFi. WiFi has now been installed on almost all 787s in addition to the 777/350 fleet.

Boeing 777-200LRs
(Total 6 - with WiFi)

ET-ANN - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANO - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANP - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANQ - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANR - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-AQL - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite

Boeing 777-300ERs
(Total 4 - with WiFi)

ET-APX - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-APY - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ASK - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ASL - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite

Boeing 787-8s
(Total 19 - most - if not all - now fitted with WiFi)

===
ET-AOO - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOP - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOQ - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOR - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOS - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOT - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOU - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOV - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-ARE - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-ARF - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-ASG - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ASH - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ASI - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATG - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATH - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATI - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATJ - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATK - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATL - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel

NOTE : All B787-8 flights are loaded with the flat bed seatmap until between 48-72 hours prior to the flight. Check back within 48 hours when the actual aircraft is allocated and the seatmap may change. If row 11 shows seats ABC-DEF-JKL, then you have the old configuration. If it shows only seats JKL for row 11, then it is the new configuration.

Boeing 787-9s
(Total 10 - all equipped with WiFi)

ET-AUO - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUP - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUQ - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUR - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AXK - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AXL - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AXS - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)
ET-AYC - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)
ET-AYD - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)
ET-AXT - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)

Airbus 350-900s
(Total 20 - all equipped with Wifi)

ET-ATQ - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATR - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATY - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUA - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUB - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUC - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVB - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVC - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVD - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVE - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWM - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWN - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWO - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWP - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AYA - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AYB - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AYM - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AYN - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AZI - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AZN - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)

Print Wikipost

Ethiopian Best Business Class Seats?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2022, 4:13 pm

Ethiopian Best Business Class Seats?

Check this wiki.
matore likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:51 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I am seeing conflicting information on tonight's ET574 (ADD-ORD). Ethiopian's website and EF show it to be a 789. But both show the seat map to be 4 rows of 2-3-2 in Business and an Economy cabin of rows 11 through 43 as 3-3-3 with row 29 being only 1 set of 3 center seats and rows 42 and 43 being 2-3-2 with no middle seat on both side of the center seats.

From previous experience, that sure looks like a 77L. There are two of us flying and we are in the side section of business (in J and L seats). So if it ends up being a 789, it is really not a big deal. I was wondering if this is typical or not.

Originally Posted by hardworking21
Ah I see - thank you And I'm guessing I won't know if my 787-8 will be angle or lie flat until I board? As I saw of the 19 787-8 planes, 9 are lie flat and 10 are angle flat, so it's almost a 50-50 shot.
I've been lucky enough to get all lie flat 788's or one of the other ET lie flat business aircraft. On our last flight from ORD to ADD, we got an older angled flat 788 and I found it pretty well unacceptable. No foot well or foot support. There was a flap at the end of the leg rest for your feet. But being well over 6 feet in height, I couldn't use it if I wanted to sleep and the seat was rock hard. Next time, I'll grab another blanket for extra padding.

Last edited by cheltzel; Sep 14, 2022 at 2:01 am Reason: add reply to previous part of the thread
Old Sep 14, 2022, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by cheltzel
From previous experience, that sure looks like a 77L. There are two of us flying and we are in the side section of business (in J and L seats). So if it ends up being a 789, it is really not a big deal. I was wondering if this is typical or not.
The seatmap will always be the first thing to change in case of an aircraft swap. You can expect a 77L (and if I had to bet which one, I'd say ET-ANO).
Old Sep 14, 2022, 3:21 am

EF is now showing 77L for the aircraft. FR24 does not yet show the Reg #. I'll update in a few hours when I see it updated in FR24.

Update:

ET-AQL
B747-437B likes this.

Last edited by cheltzel; Sep 14, 2022 at 12:51 pm
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I have a ticket GRU EZE next week that was issued by United. I’m in seat 1a and I want to change and I can’t figure out a way to do that on the United site. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I have a ticket GRU EZE next week that was issued by United. I’m in seat 1a and I want to change and I can’t figure out a way to do that on the United site. Any suggestions?
try using the applicable booking ref to access the booking directly on the operating airlines website.
failing that, call the operating airline
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I would install the ET phone app and try that. You'll need the ET booking reference number from inside your UA reservation.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Thanks for the replies. I’m currently in Row 1, Read that the best rows 2 or 3. It was a United issued ticket I went to the Ethiopian manage booking put in my PNR and last name the reservation came up however it fails every time I try to change the seat. Wasn’t that crazy about calling in or installing another app. are they pretty responsive on the telephone? I’m assuming perhaps when I check in on United I may be able to make the change, However I wanted to do it earlier than later
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:38 pm

Update:

I called and they change my seat, pretty easy they had a business class line which was good I waited on hold just about a minute or two to get to an agent. She handled it pretty quickly and sent me an email. It’s not reflected on the United site yet. I guess I’ll see that when I check in. Thanks for the tips..
Old Sep 27, 2022, 8:07 pm

I also changed my seat by phone call to ET. Just as easy as you describe.
I never flew it in the end thanks to covid.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Shebamiles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by B747-437B
The seatmap will always be the first thing to change in case of an aircraft swap. You can expect a 77L (and if I had to bet which one, I'd say ET-ANO).
Why bet on ET-ANO?
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:45 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Added to the wiki - Cloud Nine seat descriptions for each aircraft config plus links to their corresponding seat maps. Note these links will take you to my AeroLOPA site. Thought it fair to mention this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 11:20 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
I recently flew 17h business on a 787 from ADD to ORD with 1h ground stop in Dublin as well as several flights to get over to Africa. They are definitely a step down from something like United Polaris. I was annoyed/shocked that a 17h flight wouldn't have true lie flat seats, but I actually got a decent amount of sleep on them. They have ZERO storage space such that while I was sleeping my phone fell under the seat and when I went to put it up completely smashed the screen in the mechanism under the seat. Also, other than the lower cabin pressure I wouldn't have much interest in another 787 flight if you're sitting in the middle 2 seats as the only overhead storage is over the window seats and I felt like I was annoying them everytime I wanted to get something out of there.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Prospero
Added to the wiki - Cloud Nine seat descriptions for each aircraft config plus links to their corresponding seat maps. Note these links will take you to my AeroLOPA site. Thought it fair to mention this.
Your LOPAs for the 787-8s are not accurate.

Notably, the type 2 configuration has the door 2 lav/galley unit entirely on the port side behind door 2 and consequently no row 11/12ABC nor 11/12/13/14DFH. Consequently, type 1 goes up to row 39 (with row 28 as exit row) while type 2 goes up to row 41 (with row 30 as exit row). The type 1 mid-galley has an ATLAS stowage unit on the forward side bulkhead of the galley, while the type 2 galley is entirely on the rear bulkhead and lateral bulkheads.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 11:40 am

Took these old style Barcaloungers from GRU to EZE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.