FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines-471/)
-   -   Ethiopian Best Business Class Seats? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-middle-eastern-african-airlines/1785886-ethiopian-best-business-class-seats.html)

RJ1 Aug 20, 2016 11:42 am

Ethiopian Best Business Class Seats?

Does anyone know if there are any issues (galley noise or light) for Row 1 seats on ET's 787?

Are the monitors for Row 1 seats mounted on the bulkhead, or do they have to be raised from the armrest?

I am trying to determine if Row 1 would be preferable to a mid-cabin row, say Row 2 or 3.

Thanks for any input.

simcity4000 Aug 20, 2016 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by RJ1 (Post 27093345)
Does anyone know if there are any issues (galley noise or light) for Row 1 seats on ET's 787?

Are the monitors for Row 1 seats mounted on the bulkhead, or do they have to be raised from the armrest?

I am trying to determine if Row 1 would be preferable to a mid-cabin row, say Row 2 or 3.

Thanks for any input.

1) Gallery Noise or light is not greatly affected;

2) Monitors: It depends on the old or new seat configuration;

irishguy28 Aug 22, 2016 9:35 am

Originally Posted by simcity4000 (Post 27093518)
2) Monitors: It depends on the old or new seat configuration;

Surely there is only one "seat configuration" used on Ethiopian's 8 787s?

As regards the monitor - given that Row 1 is a bassinet row (as marked on the seat map), I don't see how they could also have monitors mounted on the bulkhead.

Tokyoite Aug 22, 2016 9:39 am

they have bulkhead monitors for general view, and your personal monitor in the seat-rest.
Best seats are row 2 and 3.
Row 4 has no windows, row 1 has smaller monitors.
gallery noise is negligible.

RJ1 Aug 22, 2016 1:41 pm

Thanks for the responses. We are currently in Row 3... think we will stick with that.

B747-437B Aug 23, 2016 12:53 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 27101680)

Ethiopian has 15 787s now.

ET-AOO/AOP/AOQ/AOR/AOS/AOT/AOU/AOV/ARE/ARF have the old "angled flat" seats. The seat map you link refers to this configuration.

ET-ASG/ASH/ASI have the new "flat bed" seats and an entirely different configuration (galleys, lavs, etc.. are all located differently).

ET-ATK/ATL are brand new deliveries (although older line numbers that were white-tailed) from the last few weeks so I am not sure what seats they have, but presumably the new configuration as well.

evanb Aug 23, 2016 4:11 am

I'm guessing the A350s have full flatbeds. Is it the same seat and layout (2-2-2) as ET-ASG/ASH/ASI?

spritfet Aug 23, 2016 6:32 am

Originally Posted by evanb (Post 27106189)
I'm guessing the A350s have full flatbeds. Is it the same seat and layout (2-2-2) as ET-ASG/ASH/ASI?

No, there are new seats. Been trying to find more pictures online, but difficult. Here are some from another thread.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=2165

B747-437B Aug 23, 2016 8:24 am

I flew on the A350 a few weeks ago. The seat is indeed different, and honestly not very comfortable. It is offset at a weird angle and gets very narrow at the foot. I couldn't even fit both feet into the space without taking off my shoes.

https://goo.gl/photos/XQsmiGb63rpHXTcS8

simcity4000 Aug 24, 2016 10:55 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 27101680)

As regards the monitor - given that Row 1 is a bassinet row (as marked on the seat map), I don't see how they could also have monitors mounted on the bulkhead.

In 787, there are 2 types. Although both are 24 seats with 2-2-2 per row, the newer seat configuration is B/E Aerospace Diamond (http://beaerospace.com/products/seat...amond-minipod/). For this type of newer seat, the monitor in row 1 is bulkhead.

B747-437B Sep 5, 2016 5:16 am

Allegedly the retro-fit of the flat beds has now been completed on all 15 aircraft.

I flew on ET-ATL this morning and she had flat beds, but the new generation B/E seats with the slight offset (same as on the A350s).

Keep in mind that ET-ASG/ASH/ASI/ATK/ATL have a different LOPA to the others with the galley, etc... locations as well. Notably in Economy Class, the extra legroom seats are 11JKL/13ABC/15DFH (rather than row 11 on the original config) and then row 30 for the exit row (rather than row 29 on the original config).

Sciamano Sep 5, 2016 6:12 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B (Post 27167119)
Allegedly the retro-fit of the flat beds has now been completed on all 15 aircraft.

I flew on ET-ATL this morning and she had flat beds, but the new generation B/E seats with the slight offset (same as on the A350s).

Keep in mind that ET-ASG/ASH/ASI/ATK/ATL have a different LOPA to the others with the galley, etc... locations as well. Notably in Economy Class, the extra legroom seats are 11JKL/13ABC/15DFH (rather than row 11 on the original config) and then row 30 for the exit row (rather than row 29 on the original config).

Do you maybe know which are the extra legroom seats in Economy on 787 on ADD-FCO/JNB/HKG?
Can I ask for them as *G?

Thank you

B747-437B Sep 5, 2016 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Sciamano (Post 27167260)
Do you maybe know which are the extra legroom seats in Economy on 787 on ADD-FCO/JNB/HKG?
Can I ask for them as *G?

The only seats that are extra legroom on ALL variants of ET 787 are 11JKL. Which aircraft will actually operate a flight is subject to change until the absolute last moment.

The call center is able to assign these seats to *G if you ask nicely. There is one lady there who never does though, so if you get her just HUACA.

RJ1 Sep 6, 2016 8:25 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B (Post 27167119)

Good to hear. Been watching what aircraft they've been using on the ADD-DUB-LAX-DUB-ADD run, and lately it's been a toss-up as to whether it would be one of the original lie flat configurations or not.

gvanhouten Apr 6, 2017 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by B747-437B (Post 27105729)
Ethiopian has 15 787s now.

ET-AOO/AOP/AOQ/AOR/AOS/AOT/AOU/AOV/ARE/ARF have the old "angled flat" seats. The seat map you link refers to this configuration.

ET-ASG/ASH/ASI have the new "flat bed" seats and an entirely different configuration (galleys, lavs, etc.. are all located differently).

ET-ATK/ATL are brand new deliveries (although older line numbers that were white-tailed) from the last few weeks so I am not sure what seats they have, but presumably the new configuration as well.

Does anyone have an update on which 787s have been updated with the 180 seats?