Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: B747-437B
Ethiopian Long-Haul Aircraft with Flat Bed Seats
(UPDATED 05NOV23)

TOTAL : 59 aircraft - 49 with fully flat beds, 10 with 160-angled flat

At least 50+ aircraft with WiFi. WiFi has now been installed on almost all 787s in addition to the 777/350 fleet.

Boeing 777-200LRs
(Total 6 - with WiFi)

ET-ANN - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANO - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANP - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANQ - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANR - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-AQL - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite

Boeing 777-300ERs
(Total 4 - with WiFi)

ET-APX - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-APY - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ASK - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ASL - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite

Boeing 787-8s
(Total 19 - most - if not all - now fitted with WiFi)

===
ET-AOO - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOP - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOQ - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOR - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOS - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOT - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOU - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOV - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-ARE - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-ARF - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-ASG - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ASH - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ASI - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATG - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATH - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATI - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATJ - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATK - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATL - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel

NOTE : All B787-8 flights are loaded with the flat bed seatmap until between 48-72 hours prior to the flight. Check back within 48 hours when the actual aircraft is allocated and the seatmap may change. If row 11 shows seats ABC-DEF-JKL, then you have the old configuration. If it shows only seats JKL for row 11, then it is the new configuration.

Boeing 787-9s
(Total 10 - all equipped with WiFi)

ET-AUO - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUP - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUQ - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUR - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AXK - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AXL - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AXS - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)
ET-AYC - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)
ET-AYD - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)
ET-AXT - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)

Airbus 350-900s
(Total 20 - all equipped with Wifi)

ET-ATQ - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATR - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATY - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUA - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUB - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUC - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVB - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVC - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVD - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVE - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWM - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWN - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWO - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWP - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AYA - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AYB - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AYM - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AYN - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AZI - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AZN - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)

Print Wikipost

Ethiopian Best Business Class Seats?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2021, 3:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by tobegold
I am having the same problem booking seats, can select but cannot save selections.
ask them on twitter - they regularly have 2 PNRs (operating and ghost etc...) issue is the PNR from other airline might show the flights but to actually do anythign you need another ET PNR. twitter team is efficient and can find that pnr for you.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
ask them on twitter - they regularly have 2 PNRs (operating and ghost etc...) issue is the PNR from other airline might show the flights but to actually do anythign you need another ET PNR. twitter team is efficient and can find that pnr for you.
I just had that problem and simply called them and provided ticket number. Seats taken care of in a few minutes.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 3:03 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
I'm looking at ORD-ADD in Sept, ET575 787-8.

Does anyone know if these planes now have wifi and which business seats and configuration they have?
Old Apr 29, 2021, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Snareman
I'm looking at ORD-ADD in Sept, ET575 787-8.

Does anyone know if these planes now have wifi and which business seats and configuration they have?
No Wifi on any of the 787s and the seats will most likely (77%) be the old 160-flat versions on that route.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by B747-437B
No Wifi on any of the 787s and the seats will most likely (77%) be the old 160-flat versions on that route.
Wow, they are sure slow in updating those. Thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:53 pm

Wow, they are sure slow in updating those. Thanks.
There is no plan to update them. As far as ET is concerned, these are already flat seats and they advertise them as such.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 4:42 pm

There is no plan to update them. As far as ET is concerned, these are already flat seats and they advertise them as such.
I'll have to send them a protractor.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:02 pm

I wonder if they send the retrofitted 787-8, and the 787-9 and A350 to what they consider “premium” destinations. Considering they send 787-8 with angle seats to the US. So I’m assuming/thinking they don’t consider that a premium market. This is purely curiosity and not meant as offensive or political.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Basanez
I wonder if they send the retrofitted 787-8, and the 787-9 and A350 to what they consider “premium” destinations. Considering they send 787-8 with angle seats to the US. So I’m assuming/thinking they don’t consider that a premium market. This is purely curiosity and not meant as offensive or political.
I'm considering a MUCH longer alternate routing of IAD - ACC - ADD - JRO which puts me on a new updated Polaris United 787 to ACC and an ET A350-900 to ADD which I don't know if it has their new layout or the old 2-2-2. It involves some LONG layovers and really doesn't make sense time-length wise, but I'm never likely to visit Ghana otherwise (I know visit is a strong word to use there since it's only a layover). Getting to Tanzania would be a bit of a trip in itself. Alternatively I can just do IAD - ADD - JRO on a less less exciting ET 787.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 12:14 am

I asked Ethiopian Airlines on Twitter about the 777 and 787 from IAD to ADD and they said that both planes have wifi and lie flat seats. Although their wording on the wifi doesn't seem to specifically say that it's available. Does the Twitter person usually have official answers? This is my first time asking a company on Twitter.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Basanez
There are no "retrofitted" 787s - neither -8s or -9s - nor A350s. All aircraft are still operating with the seats that they were delivered with. Of the -8s, it is just that the AS*/AT* aircraft were delivered with a different seat type. The AT* aircraft have RR engines instead of GE ones, so they do not normally operate transatlantic flights.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 3:36 am

I asked Ethiopian Airlines on Twitter about the 777 and 787 from IAD to ADD and they said that both planes have wifi and lie flat seats. Although their wording on the wifi doesn't seem to specifically say that it's available. Does the Twitter person usually have official answers? This is my first time asking a company on Twitter.
See, it all depends on the perspective and semantics. The seat surface reclines to 180-degrees (flat) but that flat surface is then inclined at 160-degrees from the floor of the airplane.

As far as ET is concerned, the surface is "flat" so the seat is a flat seat. As far as some customers are concerned, the seat is angled to the floor, so it isn't a flat seat. Potato - potahto.

Personally, I prefer the angled seats on the 787 to the flat ones (including the herringbone seats on the newest 787-9s) as you get more lateral space around the feet. But then again I sleep just as well in an economy exit row so I'm not exactly a connoisseur.
sushimaru likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 3:41 am

I'm considering a MUCH longer alternate routing of IAD - ACC - ADD - JRO which puts me on a new updated Polaris United 787 to ACC and an ET A350-900 to ADD which I don't know if it has their new layout or the old 2-2-2. It involves some LONG layovers and really doesn't make sense time-length wise, but I'm never likely to visit Ghana otherwise (I know visit is a strong word to use there since it's only a layover). Getting to Tanzania would be a bit of a trip in itself. Alternatively I can just do IAD - ADD - JRO on a less less exciting ET 787.
You'll also have to overnight in Addis (STPC) if you use the routing via Ghana. If time is no concern and you enjoy the flying part of the journey, the routing via ACC will probably be less stressful - I have found that the overnight at the Skylight Hotel in Addis on ET's dime to be quite refreshing and I feel a lot less fatigued/jetlagged when I eventually reach my destination. And the A350 product is much better than the 787, if only for the WiFi.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 4:42 am

There are no "retrofitted" 787s - neither -8s or -9s - nor A350s. All aircraft are still operating with the seats that they were delivered with. Of the -8s, it is just that the AS*/AT* aircraft were delivered with a different seat type. The AT* aircraft have RR engines instead of GE ones, so they do not normally operate transatlantic flights.
interesting! Thank you!
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:16 am

What about this A350?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.