Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Norwegian budget long-haul [news and experience reports]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Norwegian budget long-haul [news and experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Roger
Now bookable.

(Gulp!)
Those are quite good prices.

However, did you look at the prices for the premium cabin? Starting at 560 GBP oneway, or more than 400 GBP higher for a return than WTP on BA. I wonder how many they are going to sell of those...
Old Oct 18, 2013, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I agree, though one-way WTP prices with BA would be higher - £2,282 on random 2014 dates.

I guess I'll compare prices at the appropriate time, possibly mixing and matching with BA one-way awards.

LAX and FLL with 31" seat pitch in economy (same as most TATL) look uncomfortable. OTOH, I could survive JFK westbound at those prices.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 10:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Roger
Now bookable.

(Gulp!)
Could be useful for positioning to get out of Delta's fleecing "IOS" "reward" ticket charges when otherwise originating travel in Europe.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Booked return flights to New York for July - much cheaper than anything else I looked at. Will be interesting to see what it's like (we use LCC a lot in Europe and I fly economy long haul a lot with work). Flight isn't that long anyway.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Also starting LGW-TLV. Saw it on both the BA and LY forums.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The compensation from Boeing is aparently not really covering the expenses, or it is just not in cash. Danish media reports that the problems with the 787 have had an impact to the profit of 101 million NOK, or 12 million euro, for the quarter that ended in September.

http://www.business.dk/transport/dre...gians-regnskab
Old Oct 25, 2013, 2:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Interesting is this mention:

Although the airline has only two 787s in service one can see how disruptive the impact has been on the airline’s operations. No doubt Boeing will be handling most (probably all these costs) and the airline might report this in its next results. The absence of any mention of compensation is glaring. There was talk of this earlier and no mention now is odd.
full article: http://airinsight.com/2013/10/24/nor...medium=twitter

Hifly must have charged generously...
Old Oct 25, 2013, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Interesting is this mention:

full article: http://airinsight.com/2013/10/24/nor...medium=twitter

Hifly must have charged generously...
Quite interesting. From a corporate governance perspective that should indicate that they do not expect any compensation from Boeing to cover the expenses they have recorded in this quarter. If they know, or expect this to be covered, and do not disclose it. Kind of shaky ground, no?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by HelloKittysMum
Booked return flights to New York for July - much cheaper than anything else I looked at. Will be interesting to see what it's like (we use LCC a lot in Europe and I fly economy long haul a lot with work). Flight isn't that long anyway.
So are you flying UK-CPH/ARN/OSL-JFK?

I hope you got a VERY good price on that.

I have been tempted on the direct route to Florida, but prices have been far from atttractive, and actually higher than BA or SK/UA for all the dates I have looked at. So no DY for me - and I will not miss their " go ...... your self" attitude on the ground. In the air I have no complaints.

Good luck
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by OFFlyer
So are you flying UK-CPH/ARN/OSL-JFK?

I hope you got a VERY good price on that.
Norwegian are launching direct flights from London Gatwick to New York JFK, Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles next July (2014) - no need for a double-back detour via Scandinavia.

See this anna.aero article on Norwegian's new trans-atlantic routes from LGW.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you scroll a bit down from on the page (and sorry it is only in Japanese) you will find an on time departure chart comparing ANA's 787 fleet with the 767 and 777. From inauguration until the fleet was grounded in January 2013.

https://www.ana.co.jp/share/boeing787info/#cnt08

It would seem that ANA even in the start phase have managed better than Norwegian has done. Of course once the fleet is bigger, it is easier to sub the birds when there are trouble. But it never seems to have been as bad as what we saw from Norwegian.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Just a heads up, Norwegian.com does not distinguish between a foreign issued Visa credit and debit card
Old Dec 4, 2013, 4:35 am

Curious with any insights on actualy flight experiences
- and loads?

Prices indicates that loads are still very light.

A regular DY flier on Danish domestic routes - and in air no worries, but their ground service (in lack of better term) at CPH is as bad as can be.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Norweigan plans new routes from Bergen in Summer 2014

http://airlineroute.net/2013/12/17/dy-bgo-s14/

DY announces new nonstop BGO-JFK/KEF/PRG.

Is that first-ever nonstop BGO-JFK? Why only 1-weekly? The range is only 3,491 miles? Will they switch back to A320neo or 737-8MAX?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
http://airlineroute.net/2013/12/17/dy-bgo-s14/

DY announces new nonstop BGO-JFK/KEF/PRG.

Is that first-ever nonstop BGO-JFK? Why only 1-weekly? The range is only 3,491 miles? Will they switch back to A320neo or 737-8MAX?
It is on check-in.dk as well. DY press conference at 2pm today in BGO.

One weekly flight dictates pure leisure - especially with those departure times. Can they profitable fill one flight a week on that ? I would be surprised.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.