Reload this Page >

RTW re-issue concerns (merged thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW re-issue concerns (merged thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Re: RTW contact issues

I have received pm from a number of folks that have had similar issues to my own.
To whom should we report this problem to at BA?
Any ideas?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can make a complaint if you wish.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...contacts/index

But I wouldn't expect it to get you anywhere
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by 2old4coach
In general ALL US airlines ( and BA) have gone down hill in service on the ground and in the air since the mega mergers. The ground staff are downright rude or worse. ( ask Dr. Dao) I used to enjoy flying for the sake of flying. I love airplanes. Now I dread having to take a domestic flight. Rude check in agents, rude gate agents, surrily flight attendants, lost bags and delayed flights. The TSA checks seem trivial compared to the rude treatment by the airlines. (And I always fly first class.) I cannot imagine the torture the coach passengers are subject to...
(I cringe when I see the propaganda " Airlines for America" spouts out. ) way off topic.....
Indeed. AA still has some dedicated staff, but these days they are helpful in spite of the restrictions and prohibition, a task made ever more difficult.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:54 am

I am reissuing my ex-CAI ticket, upgrading from Done4 to done6:
CAI AMM HKG MLE HKG (flown) CTS HKG PER xHKG xDFW SCL LAX xDOH CPT LHR MCT
I want to change the remaining (the segments after flown) but I wonder if I don't end the trip in CAI but in MCT do I get full 16 segments or I am just getting 15 as Oneworld RT rule 4c says "Travel may originate at any point for which fares are published and must terminate at the same point, except that origin-destination surface segments are permitted as follows (b) within the Middle East".
ticket bough NOV 2016
By the way, good friend of mine says once u get back to DOH I can't leave Europe even if its a transit. Is this true ?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HypnoticSpecter
I am reissuing my ex-CAI ticket, upgrading from Done4 to done6:
I want to change the remaining (the segments after flown) but I wonder if I don't end the trip in CAI but in MCT do I get full 16 segments or I am just getting 15 as Oneworld RT rule 4c says "Travel may originate at any point for which fares are published and must terminate at the same point, except that origin-destination surface segments are permitted as follows (b) within the Middle East".
ticket bough NOV 2016
By the way, good friend of mine says once u get back to DOH I can't leave Europe even if its a transit. Is this true ?
The final surface sector is only a surface sector for the purposes of the fare calculation. It won't be issued as a void coupon so it doesn't count towards the sixteen sector limit.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Your friend is incorrect

The fare rules allow a second visit to Europe/Middle East, even when it is your continent of origin - as it is in your case

The fare rules in force when* your purchased your ticket, in November 2016, stipulated "one of the visits to Europe/Middle East must be a transfer without stopover between Africa and the previous/next continent".
Logically, when Europe/Middle East is your continent of origin, this visit must be the second visit.

Your proposed ...LAX-xDOH-CPT... satisfies the requirement

* The rules have since changed, and the "transfer without stopover" requirement has been removed
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
The final surface sector is only a surface sector for the purposes of the fare calculation. It won't be issued as a void coupon so it doesn't count towards the sixteen sector limit.
Agree, but IMHO a better wording would be "except that an origin-destination open jaw is permitted..."

HypnoticSpecter
All my leisure OneWorld Explorers have been full 16 segment itineraries; and only one ended at the original starting point.
This includes one that started in KRT and ended in DXB.
I never had any issues getting these ticketed, or when I subsequently made changes to them.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by pandaperth
Agree, but IMHO a better wording would be "except that an origin-destination open jaw is permitted..."
Couldn't have agreed more, that caught me (almost).

HypnoticSpecter
All my leisure OneWorld Explorers have been full 16 segment itineraries; and only one ended at the original starting point.
This includes one that started in KRT and ended in DXB.
I never had any issues getting these ticketed, or when I subsequently made changes to them.
I like the word "leisure" in your message.

You based in Perth? We should meet up. I need to buy you a beer, not only for this reply but many of your previous posts had information I learned. I travel to Perth from time to time. How does the coffee strip on Beaufort at Mount Lawley sound to you?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:53 pm

Thanks to all, by the way, the DFW can I stopover? The rule says "Two permitted in North America." while it said "Two permitted in North America when one is a transfer without stopover." when I bought it. Any chance the airline allow me to add a stopover there?

More interesting, the rule was "Two permitted in Asia when one is a transfer without stopover or on direct single plane service between the Southwest Pacific and Europe/Middle East." and now became "Two permitted in Asia when one is for travel between the Southwest Pacific and Europe/Middle East." So if the airline follow the new rule most likely they will not allow me go PER-xHKG-DFW anymore. Good for somebody here recommended me to safe the PDF when I bought it. Forgot who he is, but big thanks to him.
---
A bit off topic but may I ask anybody for good suggestion to build one more segment to my itinerary? Maximize miles is good, and travelling is better. I accumulate to AA, and do want to avoid AA unless a person can suggest me how to force it to accumulate in distance method =). Preferably adding that segment after LAX as I have got my AA EXP at that point. I repeat my itinerary here.

For me, SCL, CPT, and MCT are good places to go. Hubs/Major cities I have generally done most of them.

---

Many thanks to all again

Hypnotic Spector
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Thanks to all, by the way, the DFW can I stopover? The rule says "Two permitted in North America." while it said "Two permitted in North America when one is a transfer without stopover." when I bought it. Any chance the airline allow me to add a stopover there?

More interesting, the rule was "Two permitted in Asia when one is a transfer without stopover or on direct single plane service between the Southwest Pacific and Europe/Middle East." and now became "Two permitted in Asia when one is for travel between the Southwest Pacific and Europe/Middle East." So if the airline follow the new rule most likely they will not allow me go PER-xHKG-DFW anymore. Good for somebody here recommended me to safe the PDF when I bought it. Forgot who he is, but big thanks to him.
---
A bit off topic but may I ask anybody for good suggestion to build one more segment to my itinerary? Maximize miles is good, and travelling is better. I accumulate to AA, and do want to avoid AA unless a person can suggest me how to force it to accumulate in distance method =). Preferably adding that segment after LAX as I have got my AA EXP at that point. I repeat my itinerary here.

For me, SCL, CPT, and MCT are good places to go. Hubs/Major cities I have generally done most of them.

---

Many thanks to all again

Hypnotic Spector
SCL JFK LAX so you can try JFK F dining? it's currently the best lounge in the US beating LAX QF. you may then even be able to try its soon-to-be-born LAX counterpart

or switch to HKG-JFK instead of HKG-DFW
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Except (pardon my directness) it isn't an open jaw. "Open jaw" has a specific meaning (and there are many many pages in the ticketing manual describing what it means).

For a start, an open jaw requires two fare components [excluding end-on-end and side trips]. But RTW itineraries are considered as one fare component.

You also have the problem that a RTW fare is published as CAI-CAI (for example). If you want to allow trips that start at CAI and end in (say) AUH, unless you have a final surface sector, you now need to publish fares on CAI-AUH, and on every other combination.

Adding a final fare break surface sector solves that problem. Open jaw pricing does not.

Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
SCL JFK LAX so you can try JFK F dining? it's currently the best lounge in the US beating LAX QF. you may then even be able to try its soon-to-be-born LAX counterpart

or switch to HKG-JFK instead of HKG-DFW
Yes that's an option. Though have been to al safwa / concorde room / pier
first I was quite spoiled in terms of lounge giving me wow factor. I would love to travel yyz.

HKG-DFW because I want to use a SWU, hopefully by the grab-and-go method experience you shared in another thread.

Maybe I give you a more tricky question.

I need 43300 EQM and 6600 EQD with some parts of my rtw. Of course I would want to "save" some of the segments for next year. I am in Hong Kong now, rtw started in Cai, just flew four segments CAI-AMM-HKG-MLE-HKG.

What should I do with the remaining to maximise my segments? I need to go to Perth (can do sidetrack), like to go to Toronto but not a must, hope to end this year's flying in North America.

24482 flown miles or 36723 EQM 6120.5 EQD hkg-del-nrt-bne-per-hkg-jfk seems the closest thing I can get so I added JFK-SCL-LAX after that but seems I don't really need that much, and that needed to re-issue the DONE4 to DONE5 (which I am more than happy to pay, indeed I am going to re-issue to a DONE6 as the price difference is just few hundred USD, considering 245% of AA EXP earn I think it's well worth it.)

So my question is, apart from 24482 flown miles or 36723 EQM 6120.5 EQD hkg-del-nrt-bne-per-hkg-jfk, can you give me a better routing?

Anyone please help?
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
24482 flown miles or 36723 EQM 6120.5 EQD hkg-del-nrt-bne-per-hkg-jfk seems the closest thing I can get so I added JFK-SCL-LAX after that but seems I don't really need that much, and that needed to re-issue the DONE4 to DONE5 (which I am more than happy to pay, indeed I am going to re-issue to a DONE6 as the price difference is just few hundred USD, considering 245% of AA EXP earn I think it's well worth it.)

So my question is, apart from 24482 flown miles or 36723 EQM 6120.5 EQD hkg-del-nrt-bne-per-hkg-jfk, can you give me a better routing?

Anyone please help?
HKG-CMB-NRT is longer than HKG-DEL-NRT

If you go to PER via side trip,
NRT-SYD-AKL-HKG can be an alternative route.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Yes that's an option. Though have been to al safwa / concorde room / pier
first I was quite spoiled in terms of lounge giving me wow factor. I would love to travel yyz.

HKG-DFW because I want to use a SWU, hopefully by the grab-and-go method experience you shared in another thread.

Maybe I give you a more tricky question.

I need 43300 EQM and 6600 EQD with some parts of my rtw. Of course I would want to "save" some of the segments for next year. I am in Hong Kong now, rtw started in Cai, just flew four segments CAI-AMM-HKG-MLE-HKG.

What should I do with the remaining to maximise my segments? I need to go to Perth (can do sidetrack), like to go to Toronto but not a must, hope to end this year's flying in North America.

Anyone please help?
It may be easier to just MR to top up the remaining EQM/EQDs, considering that there's going to be some costs anyway transiting/stopovering at each port. I guess not hitting EXP doesn't mean an eyeroll also...

Reason why I put SWU on transcon and not international flight is because I would never 'risk' flying AA F internationally with crAAppy FAs for 16 hours. Whereas on CX even if you fly with their North American based crew, it is not that likely to be disastrous. As you said you wanted the miles to credit correctly (to your advantage [pun!]), maybe it is a lot more worth it than you think to ditch AA for CX on the long TPAC sector.

Back on topic, I would agree with Wasabi Tofu above (in fact, before I looked at their post) - could look at AKL

Last edited by G-CIVC; Oct 6, 2017 at 6:17 pm
Old Oct 7, 2017, 4:39 am

HypnoticSpecter - QF has a seasonal AKL-PER flight that might help you (it operates only on Saturdays and Sundays over the summer)

I like the word "leisure" in your message.
I did just one business RTW - I only managed 11 segments on that

You based in Perth? We should meet up. I need to buy you a beer, not only for this reply but many of your previous posts had information I learned. I travel to Perth from time to time. How does the coffee strip on Beaufort at Mount Lawley sound to you?
I know the area well
I also know the Queen's Tavern very well
You have reminded me that @wandering_fred also owes me a beverage of my choice

I will be back in Perth from the start of December to near the end of January
Perhaps the 3 of us can get together
The life of a peripatetic pensioner is tough...click on my signature to see my 2017 travels so far - and will do BKK-CMB-HKG-PER (plus maybe CMB-MLE-CMB) before the end of the year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.