Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by pandaperth
HypnoticSpecter
I know the area well
I also know the Queen's Tavern very well
You have reminded me that @wandering_fred also owes me a beverage of my choice

I will be back in Perth from the start of December to near the end of January
Perhaps the 3 of us can get together
The life of a peripatetic pensioner is tough...click on my signature to see my 2017 travels so far - and will do BKK-CMB-HKG-PER (plus maybe CMB-MLE-CMB) before the end of the year
@pandaperth - When will you be in CMB? between 11 and 17 Nov?

Just wandering (again)
Fred
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
@pandaperth - When will you be in CMB? between 11 and 17 Nov?

Just wandering (again)
Fred
Yes!
I fly in to CMB on Oct 19th
and am scheduled to fly out on Nov 17th
(I might change that to a day or two earlier)
So, yes - let's set up a meet

Currently vegging out in lovely Vung Tau, Vietnam
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by pandaperth
Yes!
I fly in to CMB on Oct 19th
and am scheduled to fly out on Nov 17th
(I might change that to a day or two earlier)
So, yes - let's set up a meet

Currently vegging out in lovely Vung Tau, Vietnam
Too bad I will be leaving Perth late Nov. CMB I might get a chance to catch you if I were to fly HKG-CMB-NRT-...

Don't forget to visit Sofitel Legend Grand Metropole in Hanoi if you travel to far North Vietnam. Greatest hotel to spend Accor Plus voucher if you managed to have some.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
HKG-CMB-NRT is longer than HKG-DEL-NRT
Yes, true, thanks for advice. It's 770 business miles longer, which is substantial for my last minute run.

But I have to forfeit the bonus RDM when credit to AA, as only Sri Lankan airlines flies CMB-NRT. Well, that I consider the bonus is less than 100 USD.

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
If you go to PER via side trip,
NRT-SYD-AKL-HKG can be an alternative route.
SYD-PER not cheap flight, hmmmm.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
It may be easier to just MR to top up the remaining EQM/EQDs, considering that there's going to be some costs anyway transiting/stopovering at each port. I guess not hitting EXP doesn't mean an eyeroll also...
Yes, especially the difficult to use SWU, bonus RDM only lead to a devalued redemption table. Yes...

I value AA EXP for Pier First when I buy cheap Oneworld tickets originated from HK, that alone might not justify for such calculative flying.

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Reason why I put SWU on transcon and not international flight is because I would never 'risk' flying AA F internationally with crAAppy FAs for 16 hours. Whereas on CX even if you fly with their North American based crew, it is not that likely to be disastrous. As you said you wanted the miles to credit correctly (to your advantage [pun!]), maybe it is a lot more worth it than you think to ditch AA for CX on the long TPAC sector.
Hand one "thank you coupon" from AA when you got your EXP immediately after you got on the plane. Would improve the crAAppy FAs.... hardware wise I like the swirl chair in 777-300er F, best working desk in the air. Food wise I already got full in Pier First.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 2:15 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by HypnoticSpecter
Yes, true, thanks for advice. It's 770 business miles longer, which is substantial for my last minute run.

But I have to forfeit the bonus RDM when credit to AA, as only Sri Lankan airlines flies CMB-NRT. Well, that I consider the bonus is less than 100 USD.
I don't know AA scheme well.
Do you book AA flight number for DEL-NRT ?
If a JL flight number is required, CMB-NRT is bookable as JL7076.

SYD-PER not cheap flight, hmmmm.
Probably same situation, and not cheap MEL-PER.
NRT-MEL-AKL is another candidate.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:47 am

Thanks all for supportive answers.

Extremely interesting about the North America 2 stopover new rules with the Asia transfer rule, seems I can get both with my airline.

Europe-HKG-MLE-HKG-CTS-HKG-PER-xHKG-USA...

The round the world desk of the ticketing airline seems to be able to change the xHKG to be a stopover, giving me Europe-Asia-Europe-Asia(Only HKG)-USA...

My question is, would that be any problem after this rtw is re-issued? That is, after my stopover in HKG no one will catch me in Hong Kong airport or USA and afterwards... right? Or if I need to further re-issue my ticket nobody would say "geez... how come you got HKG stopover, your ticket is invalid". Right?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:55 pm

Thanks all for supportive answers.

Extremely interesting about the North America 2 stopover new rules with the Asia transfer rule, seems I can get both with my airline.

Europe-HKG-MLE-HKG-CTS-HKG-PER-xHKG-USA...

The round the world desk of the ticketing airline seems to be able to change the xHKG to be a stopover, giving me Europe-Asia-Europe-Asia(Only HKG)-USA...

My question is, would that be any problem after this rtw is re-issued? That is, after my stopover in HKG no one will catch me in Hong Kong airport or USA and afterwards... right? Or if I need to further re-issue my ticket nobody would say "geez... how come you got HKG stopover, your ticket is invalid". Right?
I think I can self answer my question, the rtw ticket probably won't have any issue as I have got ticket involuntary reissued to violation of rtw rules due to schedule change or QR ban recently. So should be fine. I thought of editing (deleting) my own post but on second thought could leave it shall it be informative to future forum members.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:10 am

It's almost a week my issuing carrier still cannot reprice my ticket saying that they need to ask individual carriers for YQ. Is this normal?

By the way I have not deliberately avoid BA. Boy, AA has to be avoided for EQD and RDM fare credits... BA has to be avoided for YQ... UL has to be avoided for no elite bonus on AAdvantage. I started to have problem planning...

By the way, fare information is all lost on my ticket even from issuing carrier website, but still AA can credit me by bogus fare even on reissued rtw... Anybody please enlighten me on this issue?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

By the way, fare information is all lost on my ticket even from issuing carrier website, but still AA can credit me by bogus fare even on reissued rtw... Anybody please enlighten me on this issue?
The fare information will be available on the original ticket.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
It's almost a week my issuing carrier still cannot reprice my ticket saying that they need to ask individual carriers for YQ. Is this normal?
I've never heard of this. May I ask which airline?

By the way I have not deliberately avoid BA. Boy, AA has to be avoided for EQD and RDM fare credits... BA has to be avoided for YQ... UL has to be avoided for no elite bonus on AAdvantage. I started to have problem planning...

I thought that RTW tickets issued by airlines other than AA, with AA coded flights credited to AA, would earn based on distance and not fare.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
I've never heard of this. May I ask which airline?
RJ

Originally Posted by anabolism
I thought that RTW tickets issued by airlines other than AA, with AA coded flights credited to AA, would earn based on distance and not fare.
There have been many posts of the two crediting methods. You may refer to this lengthy post for more information.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...-miles-aa.html
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
RJ
My own experience with a DONEx booked on RJ has been quite different. AA had taken over the ticket, but when I wanted to make some route adjustments, AA insisted that RJ had failed to collect slews of taxes and fuel surcharges and wanted thousands. RJ reissued with only the $125 change fee. It took a long time, though.

There have been many posts of the two crediting methods. You may refer to this lengthy post for more information.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...-miles-aa.html
I had been following that thread and thought that it was for AA-issued tickets where sometimes the fare method and sometimes the distance method applied, whereas for non-AA issued tickets, it was always distance. Perhaps I accidentally missed a bunch of posts there, or simply misremembered what I'd read.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:58 am

Still no reply from RJ for rtw re-issue. It has been a week. I am dying here as I suppose to fly in two days.... and need to apply for a VISA.

Any suggestions?

I am thinking to have QR to re-ticket my rtw. CX refused earlier but I didn't push hard enough maybe.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Still no reply from RJ for rtw re-issue. It has been a week. I am dying here as I suppose to fly in two days.... and need to apply for a VISA.

Any suggestions?

I am thinking to have QR to re-ticket my rtw. CX refused earlier but I didn't push hard enough maybe.
CX ticketing counter at airports can do it for a fee (I did mine at LHR)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.