Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW re-issue concerns (merged thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2023, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA1321
I have a question regarding a ticketed points change.

One part of my DONE4 (ticketed by AA RTW desk) is MEL-SYD-LAX on the same day. I wish to change to the non-stop MEL-LAX flight on the same day (plenty of D class available currently). When I called to make the change they tried to charge over $1,000 in additional YQ/YR from Qantas on top of the $125 fee for changing ticketed points. Am I correct in thinking that if I wait until I've flown the first sector of the trip, then if I am still able to make the change it will simply be the $125 fee as the ticket does not require re-pricing?
A change after the first sector has been flown for a change from MEL-SYD-LAX to MEL-LAX will be a ticket change so $125 and repricing.
Better to fly as ticketed. Is the SYD-LAX on AA or QF?
The QF aircraft MEL-LAX can B787 or the unfurnished A380. Aircraft type can change any time.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 8:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Thank you for clarifying. Flying AA for the transpacific portion unfortunately.
I suppose I will chalk this one up to experience and stop trying to do anything about it.
As regards the $1,000+ YQ/YR change, this is the type of egregious fee I am more used to seeing from BA but it looks like QF is equally guilty...
Old Jun 25, 2023, 9:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by BA1321
Thank you for clarifying. Flying AA for the transpacific portion unfortunately.
I suppose I will chalk this one up to experience and stop trying to do anything about it.
As regards the $1,000+ YQ/YR change, this is the type of egregious fee I am more used to seeing from BA but it looks like QF is equally guilty...
Certainly Qantas knows how to charge, but it is also possible that the charges on other flights have increased. Each time there's a change like this, the whole itinerary is reassessed.
Mwenenzi and BA1321 like this.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 9:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by danger
Certainly Qantas knows how to charge, but it is also possible that the charges on other flights have increased. Each time there's a change like this, the whole itinerary is reassessed.
Fair point. Still seems like a massive change from when I ticketed in January, for a relatively simple 7 sector DONE4. Lots of lessons learned on this booking...
Old Aug 15, 2023, 12:57 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Just want to report back here it is possible to ask AA RTW desk to take over and re-issue an AA 001-plated xONEx originally issued by a travel agent. Be prepared some agents will say "no" though, so HUACA may be needed. AA may also add a 50USD "assistance by reservations" fee that, according to an agent, is only waived for CKs and EXPs.
dvs7310 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.