FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/)
-   -   RTW re-issue concerns (merged thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld/1811628-rtw-re-issue-concerns-merged-thread.html)

pianoperson Dec 24, 2016 8:59 am

RTW re-issue concerns (merged thread)

Hi

Flew the first flight of an AONE4 ex Cairo on Thursday 22nd ticketed on BA
Went to BA ticketing desk at LHR to make many changes - he was very helpful and inputted all the changes and then the computer wouldn't process it ...
So he called the e-ticket help desk and they said someone would look at it and get back within an hour ...
48 hours later nothing so I called BA Customer Services as nobody as yet confirmed my re-routing is a valid itinerary and repriced the taxes etc and I want to get it reissued asap
V helpful agent again came back eventually and said nobody there could help and the person that would wouldn't be in until Boxing Day .....
I said and what would be the situation if I wanted to change the next flight - which is LHR -SYD - and fly tomorrow .... they had no answer ....

Anyway here's what I'm hoping is a valid routing ... and I'm hoping one of the wonderful Flyertalk OW RTW experts will confirm it is so or if not point out the error of my ways.

CAI-LHR stopover - SYD-WLG - stopover - SYD-DFW--ORD-BUF-stopover- PHL--BDA - stopover -JFK-LAX - stopover- LHR stopover - CDG-DOH-CAI

Many thanks and safe travels to one and all

Cheers!

PS I'll post a separate thread about the Terminal 2 experience at Cairo now that BA flights have moved there

pbd456 Dec 24, 2016 10:54 am

looks okay to be

El_Duderito Dec 24, 2016 11:23 am

Looks OK to me but I guess you could try to reproduce it on rtw.oneworld.com. Print the PDF from the site as proof ...

Wasabi Tofu Dec 25, 2016 4:59 am

Originally Posted by El_Duderito (Post 27658484)
Looks OK to me but I guess you could try to reproduce it on rtw.oneworld.com. Print the PDF from the site as proof ...

Unfortunately, ex-CAI fares aren't available anymore. So, you can't reproduce. Even you can reproduce an itinerary, fare rule of the OP's ticket may be different from the current rule. Because of a rule at a time of ticketing is applied.

pandaperth Dec 25, 2016 6:05 am

Looks valid to me - CAI-oLHR-SYD-WLG-SYD-DFW-ORD-BUF-PHL-BDA-JFK-LAX-oLHR-xCDG-xDOH-CAI

I cannot think of any recent rule changes that would affect the validity of your itinerary - it's pretty straightforward

PS Seasonally Adjusted Greetings Y'All

pianoperson Dec 27, 2016 11:04 am

BA - have been waiting 6 days for reissue of AONE RTW

HI
Flew first segment of AONE4 RTW ex Cairo last week.
Stopped off at LHR Terminal 5 ticketing to do major reroutings as I'd booked the bare bones back in Nov to take advantage of the devalued EGP
6 days later and BA have still not done the recalculation or reissue ....having been told last week that somebody would get back to me in an hour ....
I appreciate that is the Christmas period but I was told that the only person that would sort it out was not in work until yesterday ...
Still no news so I called this afternoon .... to be told that this person was not in until tomorrow ... I'm due to fly on Friday
Is there really only one person in BA ticketing/fares that can do a recalculation of a RTW ticket .....?
I've never had an RTW on BA ticket stock - usually on AA or CX and any changes/reissues etc have been done within 24 hours and often within an hour.

It is possible to get AA RTW ticket desk to take control of the ticket ? Or they not touching ex Cairo tickets ?
I know that I will most likely be needing to make more changes down the line and will not be in the UK trying to do them and I simply can't contemplate it taking this extraordinary length of time .....

Anyway am hoping for some progress tomorrow when the mysterious man that handles RTW tickets for BA is back in the office !

cphurley Dec 27, 2016 11:25 am

Originally Posted by pianoperson (Post 27667551)
HI
Flew first segment of AONE4 RTW ex Cairo last week.
Stopped off at LHR Terminal 5 ticketing to do major reroutings as I'd booked the bare bones back in Nov to take advantage of the devalued EGP
6 days later and BA have still not done the recalculation or reissue ....having been told last week that somebody would get back to me in an hour ....
I appreciate that is the Christmas period but I was told that the only person that would sort it out was not in work until yesterday ...
Still no news so I called this afternoon .... to be told that this person was not in until tomorrow ... I'm due to fly on Friday
Is there really only one person in BA ticketing/fares that can do a recalculation of a RTW ticket .....?
I've never had an RTW on BA ticket stock - usually on AA or CX and any changes/reissues etc have been done within 24 hours and often within an hour.

It is possible to get AA RTW ticket desk to take control of the ticket ? Or they not touching ex Cairo tickets ?
I know that I will most likely be needing to make more changes down the line and will not be in the UK trying to do them and I simply can't contemplate it taking this extraordinary length of time .....

Anyway am hoping for some progress tomorrow when the mysterious man that handles RTW tickets for BA is back in the office !

Sorry I don't have any help or advice but please do advise what happens. I'm in the same boat only I was hoping to get the ticket changed before my 2nd flight which is currently 5 hours after I'm due to land at LHR. Your experience makes it seem like 0% chance for me but I'll be curious to hear your experience.

Did you try calling AA to see if they'd take over the ticket? I have successfully had AA take over a BA issued ticket in the past ex-JNB, not post re-pricing ex-CAI.

Good luck and come back and share your experiences.

pbd456 Dec 27, 2016 11:40 am

good luck.... if that man is encountered some serious problem, the entire airline BA cant have anyone else to deal with it?

pianoperson Dec 27, 2016 2:02 pm

I've not yet tried to get AA RTW desk to take control of the ticket but once I've sorted the current changes out I will definitely be looking into it ....
And I did ask BA agents what would the situation be if I wanted to make the change to a flight on the same day rather than in a week's time and they said -well we would have to try and sort it out ...
I went to the ticketing desks in Terminal 5 over by the First Check In area and the agent there was v helpful and did get the rerouting set up in the system but the compuer wouldn't compute and process the taxes ec
So I woud certinly give it a go when you land ...
And I'll update in due course - a v helpful agent at Exec club has given me his extension and assures me that he will make sure somebody sorts if out for me first thing in the morning ...

Dave Noble Dec 27, 2016 5:20 pm

If wanting fast ticket issuance, I wouldn't be going to AA to get it done. Of all carriers I book tickets on, it is the only one that regularly needs checking on and calling back to actually get ticketing complete

BA will get the ticketing done ; it does operate on a urgency basis and given the bank holidays and the christmas period, not surprising that there is limited staff. If there was an urgent need , it would have been handled

pianoperson Dec 28, 2016 2:28 am

I have never had to chase up the AA RTW ticketing dept and usually they have done reissues while I've been on hold and has taken minutes and if they're not able to do that they have said we will get back to you asap and it's never been more than 24 hours and usually within an hour or two at most.
Likewise with Cathay.
In my present situation I deliberately saw BA before the Christmas period and went to them in person and was told that somebody would get back within an hour to confirm the re-routing was indeed valid - I'm sure that is is but have had many times in the past when agents have disupted a routing and I've had to go into battle .... and assuming it was valid do the recalculation of taxes etc , take payment and reissue
Nobody followed up .... I was told eventually that nobody could deal with it until the 26th ... I left things until late on the 27th as I'd not heard from anybody .... It's been nearly a week now and I'm due to fly tomorrow ..... which also means travelling down to London tomorrow
I have hotel reservations that I need to cancel by later today if I'm not going to use them or I will have to pay the full amount but I'm reluctant to until I know that the ticket has been reissued.
And of course BA will doubtless expect me to pay a service fee for this ....
Anyway I'm hoping for some progress today .

JAXBA Dec 28, 2016 8:43 am

Originally Posted by pianoperson (Post 27667551)

In JAX alone, before we closed, there were 20+ people who could fare RTWs but I've no idea what's going on currently, sorry pianoperson.

pianoperson Dec 28, 2016 10:56 am

Another 24 hours- another being put on hold - and someone has changed my final legs so instead of LHR-CDG-DOH-CAI they 've done LHR-CDG stopover then LHR-CAI

And the agent told me I need to buy a separate ticket to get back to LHR from CDG .....and I don't want to stop in CDG

I am simply speechless .........

I have told the agent to get back to ticketing to ask them what on earth they are doing and why ......

My patience is nearing its end and I don't know what to do to get this reissued ...

pianoperson Dec 29, 2016 5:53 pm

BA RTW ticketing reissue .... beyond comprehension .... complete fiasco

Following on from my previous thread on trying to get BA to recalculate and reissue an AONE4 ex CAI ...
It has now been 8 days and I am due to fly to NZ from LHR later today and they hav8e still not sorted out the reissue ...
I have spent hours on the phone with various agents .... have been told that I couldn't do LHR-CDG-DOH-CAI at the end of my trip because I wasn't ending in the country of origin .......
Are there 2 Cairos ?
They came back to me today with the following routing at the end of the trip
LHR-CDG-DOH surface segment LHR CAI .......
Which apart from anything else is not permitted .... and why on earth would they do this when I've clearly told them a mulitude of times the routing I want ?
They won't let me speak directly to anyone in ticketing
Agents say they will call back by a certain time and don't .
I'm simply at a loss as to what I can do .
This should have been a simple reissue - I gave them all the flights - I had checked the right fare class was available -- and I know that the routing is valid - 8 days ago

How can they possibly be so incompotent and come back to me with such ludicrous routings and take 8 days over it ...

I have never dealt with BA on a RTW and never will again.

Is there anyone from BA on here that can offer any insight or explanation?

Happy New Year to all!

pbd456 Dec 30, 2016 12:08 am

crazy..... good luck.