Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW re-issue concerns (merged thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
CX ticketing counter at airports can do it for a fee (I did mine at LHR)
What was the fee—the standard airport fee?

It’s very good to know they can ticket a RTW in person—or is it just changes?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:32 pm

CX refused to re-ticket for me, maybe because no fare is in the system.

Plus, what could possibly be a reason if I ask for 160 restock?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HypnoticSpecter
CX refused to re-ticket for me, maybe because no fare is in the system.
Shouldn't they use the historical fare?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:39 pm

Thanks for all valuable help. Finally RJ gave me feedback but for a re-issue of rtw they charge me taxes / fuel for ~770 USD. I would like to see if you all think it is reasonable.

RJ-RJ-CX-CX-CX-QF-QF-CX-CX-AA-AA-AA-AA-AA-BA-BA
CAI-xAMM-HKG-MLE-HKG-PER-DRW-SYD-xHKG-YYZ-MIA-JFK-SJU-LAX-MAD-xLHR-CAI
to
CAI-AMM-HKG-MLE-HKG-CMB-NRT-BNE-PER-xHKG-JFK-SCL-LAX-DOH-MAD-HEL-TLV
RJ-RJ-CX-CX-CX-JL-QF-QF-CX-CX-LA-LA-QR-QR-AY-AY
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for all valuable help. Finally RJ gave me feedback but for a re-issue of rtw they charge me taxes / fuel for ~770 USD. I would like to see if you all think it is reasonable.

to
Is the additional continent included in the ~770 USD charge? LA doesn't usually charge much for YQ (aka fuel fines), but if the additional continent is included here, it doesn't look too bad to me.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
Is the additional continent included in the ~770 USD charge? LA doesn't usually charge much for YQ (aka fuel fines), but if the additional continent is included here, it doesn't look too bad to me.
Sadly, no. This is just the difference. The done4 upgrade to done5 is extra, as well as the $125 making it over $1100
Old Oct 24, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: QFF
Currently on a DONE3 NRT-BOS-JFK-LAX-SEA-ORD-DTW-PHL-DOH-BUD-xLHR-xDXB-xLHR-PEK-xHKG-xSIN-HND. (BOS and PHL are overnight connections).
Connects to/from a DAS13 with an SFO return side trip out of LAX.

Currently, the HKG-SIN is a morning flight, connecting directly from the 3am departing PEK-HKG, leaving a day in SIN before the HND flight. I want the day trip in HKG (as I have a day trip in SIN at the end of the DAS13). The HKG day trip was the original plan, but I didn't notice the booked morning HKG-SIN flight until I was merging the 3 ticketed itineraries together.

Currently on AA8890 (CX691). Want to change to AA8899 (CX711) same date (ie, free change under fare rules). QF issued ticket.

While at LAX, I asked QF about changing it. They said to talk to CX (then the QF agent called CX). CX said to talk to AA. AA said to talk to QF.

Got to SEA last night and emailed travel agent (and noted that such a change was free).
Travel agent has now replied saying all good, but need $22 for additional taxes.
Does that sound right?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Cutting through all the extraneous information (unlike you to be so verbose Himeno)

You are flying ...PEK-xHKG-SIN
and are wanting to change the second flight from the 8:10am CX departure to the 16:10 CX departure
And you are asking if there would be an extra $22 in taxes due to the change

I checked in The Matrix
and there does not appear to be any difference in taxes between the two flights

So, how much time and effort are going to invest in trying to save $22?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: QF WP
More importantly is why QF or any other oneworld carrier all pass the buck...Surely under the terms of the alliance any oneworld member can make these date or time changes....I had a similar situation last year trying to change dates on an AA issued ticket but all sectors needing to be changed were with QF....After being bounced between QF and AA I managed to get a QF supervisor to take control and guess what ? It was effortlessly and magically changed without any charges as expected...hmm
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by pyffii
More importantly is why QF or any other oneworld carrier all pass the buck...Surely under the terms of the alliance any oneworld member can make these date or time changes....I had a similar situation last year trying to change dates on an AA issued ticket but all sectors needing to be changed were with QF....After being bounced between QF and AA I managed to get a QF supervisor to take control and guess what ? It was effortlessly and magically changed without any charges as expected...hmm
Before 2015, other then that one time with MH at KUL, I had no issues getting any carrier to change any sector no matter who issued the ticket or who was operating the flight and have had changes made by BA, JL, CX, QF, AA, AY and IB at different points. It made no difference if the ticket was issued through an agent or directly with an airline.

However since 2015, its all been passing the buck to another airline and/or not following the change section of the fare rules.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)

to
Have you flown any sectors yet? I'm guessing not, since you want to change the second flight. My own experience with RJ is that they were happy to make routing changes after I'd flown some flights, for just the $125 (AA wanted me to pay almost $1k, claiming many taxes and fuel surcharges had been done incorrectly originally).
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Himeno
Currently on a DONE3

<<snip>>

Currently on AA8890 (CX691). Want to change to AA8899 (CX711) same date (ie, free change under fare rules). QF issued ticket.

While at LAX, I asked QF about changing it. They said to talk to CX (then the QF agent called CX). CX said to talk to AA. AA said to talk to QF.
Very odd that neither QF nor AA would simply make the change for you. Do you recall which AA RTW agent you spoke with?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
Have you flown any sectors yet? I'm guessing not, since you want to change the second flight. My own experience with RJ is that they were happy to make routing changes after I'd flown some flights, for just the $125 (AA wanted me to pay almost $1k, claiming many taxes and fuel surcharges had been done incorrectly originally).
Indeed RJ is the one adding YQ in my flight, with my flight change I don't think a lot of YQ is required.

Previous $74YQ $284YR Now $433YQ $623YR

I flew first few sectors already.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by pandaperth
HypnoticSpecter - QF has a seasonal AKL-PER flight that might help you (it operates only on Saturdays and Sundays over the summer)
Too seasonal. Need to leave by mid Nov. Indeed how can I get the list of married segments? AA used to have a PDF now not found. Also QF, if I can get PER-SYD/MEL/BNE-AKL as one segment this would be great.

Nevertheless never been to BNE could be quite nice I think.

Also flying YYZ-MCO but seems no married segment only WestJet has a flight, don't want that as no D class, that probably won't give me 2.0x EQM with AA if I elected to fly in Y. MEX as well, if can get MCO-MEX as one segment... Good that already had LAX-SJU as one segment as one married segment found... But how to get comprehensive list?

Originally Posted by pandaperth
HypnoticSpecter - I know the area well
I also know the Queen's Tavern very well
Queen's is terrific. Many cafes are here. Hippest place in Australia voted by TripAdvisor.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Too seasonal. Need to leave by mid Nov. Indeed how can I get the list of married segments? AA used to have a PDF now not found. Also QF, if I can get PER-SYD/MEL/BNE-AKL as one segment this would be great.
I think you are confusing Married Segments with Direct Flights
  • A Direct Flight is a flight that is a single flight number from AAA to BBB, but may (or may not) have an intermediate stop, perhaps even with an equipment change - an example is QF11 SYD-JFK via LAX, which is an A380 as far as LAX and then a B747 from there to JFK. (I believe the B747 is the BNE-LAX aircraft)
  • A Married segment is where the airline has availabilities for its flight/s AAA to BBB via CCC which are different compared to the availabilities for the separate AAA-CCC and CCC-BBB flights

There are no direct QF flights from PER to New Zealand, other than the seasonal non-stop flight
Queen's is terrific. Many cafes are here. Hippest place in Australia voted by TripAdvisor.
Back in the 70s I lived in East Perth, and The Queens was one my watering holes - a very different place back then
Looks like we won't be able to meet up - I don't get into PER until Nov 20th
Calchas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.