Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AONE4 from Khartoum

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: I'm working on filling this up..
Originally Posted by JohnAx
Does Israel no longer issue arrival/departure stamps on sheets that can be separated from the passport? I suppose that's ancient history due to security issues...
I was in Israel a year ago and was able to ask not to have a stamp.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
You have (or had) to ask for that. Some don't.
I didn't even think of it.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 6:04 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
To position for the beginning of an xONEx: if one were to arrive in KRT on ET-470 (landing @ 1h50), I suppose this would leave ample time for a TWOV to RJ-511 (departing that same morning @ 5h25).

Two questions:

1) How can I find out it ET has an interline baggage agreement with RJ? (In order to stay airside, I'd need for my bags to be checked straight through).

2) In the (unlikely?) event of a misconnection - what would become of me without a visa at KRT?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Checked bags

Originally Posted by checkerboard
To position for the beginning of an xONEx: if one were to arrive in KRT on ET-470 (landing @ 1h50), I suppose this would leave ample time for a TWOV to RJ-511 (departing that same morning @ 5h25).

Two questions:

1) How can I find out it ET has an interline baggage agreement with RJ? (In order to stay airside, I'd need for my bags to be checked straight through).

2) In the (unlikely?) event of a misconnection - what would become of me without a visa at KRT?
From what I hear and read, the folks who transit KRT do so with just a carry on.
Please chime in here if I am wrong, for I am planning to leave my bags in London or Frankfurt and pick them up on the way back.

I would call the ET office directly for interline baggage.

I planned on coming in from IST, when I start my Aone3-4.

I would love to be able to interline baggage, but I would not want to have to chase them all around the world!
Old Sep 25, 2012, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by 2old4coach
From what I hear and read, the folks who transit KRT do so with just a carry on.
Please chime in here if I am wrong, for I am planning to leave my bags in London or Frankfurt and pick them up on the way back.
That would be my approach: no checked bags and minimal carry-on (just fly in and out to officially start the xONEx).
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:55 pm

A post in the Iberia forum http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19373984-post1.html has me pondering if it would be possible to buy an ex-KRT RTW and not show up for your KRT-AMM-MAD flights. Who will be the guinea pig for commencing the journey in MAD?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
A post in the Iberia forum http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19373984-post1.html has me pondering if it would be possible to buy an ex-KRT RTW and not show up for your KRT-AMM-MAD flights. Who will be the guinea pig for commencing the journey in MAD?
If you don't show up for your first flight (much less first two), won't the airline cancel the rest of your flights?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by anabolism
If you don't show up for your first flight (much less first two), won't the airline cancel the rest of your flights?
That's the point of the link: A Spanish court ruled that practice illegal.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
WOW a KRT Aone3 from MAD

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
WOW! I guess if Sudan is politiclly too hot and you have already bought the ticket it may be worth a try…

You go first!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:55 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by checkerboard
1) how can i find out it et has an interline baggage agreement with rj? (in order to stay airside, i'd need for my bags to be checked straight through).
Code:
w/*et¥*rj«
 et-071 ethiopian airlines/ethiopian airlines corporation        

may issue tickets including  
       rj-512 royal jordanian/royal jordanian                    

may check baggage to  
       rj
Old Sep 26, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: I'm working on filling this up..
Hey guys, I just booked my DONE3 ex-KRT, smooth as can be. (I live in Paris, France)

Here's how it went:

- Used the oneworld online tool to simulate the whole trip (using false dates)
- Spent way too much time on FlyerTalk to optimise the .... out of my ticket. (I can't thank you enough
- Had some trouble with certain flights (e.g. Osaka - Honolulu) which disappeared on last simulation.
- Called AA RTW desk in US -> asked for ticket to be issued in Canada, priced in Canadian dollars (said I'd be there to buy it)
(for the KIX-HNL, AA RTW desk told me it looked like they had an error as well, but booked it anyway. Added a note for those pricing it)
- 24hours later, called back AA RTW desk, ticket was priced, KIX-HNL validated. (means that even if the flight is cancelled, they'll find a way to get me to HNL for same price)
--- BONUS: the ticket was $250 cheaper than on oneworld !! (already a steal)
- Sent a mail to Naeem Thaver at GalaTravels (AWESOME guy. Knows what he's doing, and super helpful) to have the ticket issued. (all I had to do was to give my locator)
- Scan Credit Card + Passport (use Turbo scan on Iphone) sent to Naeem.
- 24 hours later, and 84.75CAD for GalaTravels, I get my confirmed e-ticket from Naeem.

Final price :
RJ 00511 KHARTOUM CIVIL - AMMAN QUEEN ALIA
RJ 00182 AMMAN QUEEN ALIA - HONG KONG INTL
CX 00797 HONG KONG INTL - JAKARTA SOEKARNO
(jakarta-singapour-jakarta : $200)
JL 00726 JAKARTA SOEKARNO - TOKYO NARITA
JL 00792 KANSAI INTL - HONOLULU INTL
AA 00270 HONOLULU INTL - LOS ANGELES INTL
AA 00752 LOS ANGELES INTL - LAS VEGAS MCCARRAN
renting/buying a car here. 2months to get to NY.
AA 00269 NEW YORK NY/NEWARK KENNEDY - SEATTLE/TACOMA SEA/TAC
(going to anchorage from here)
AA 06127 SEATTLE/TACOMA SEA/TAC - LONDON HEATHROW
AA 06556 LONDON HEATHROW - PARIS DE GAULLE
(I get to spend a month in Paris to see friends/family before starting over again)
RJ 00118 PARIS DE GAULLE - AMMAN QUEEN ALIA
RJ 00510 AMMAN QUEEN ALIA - KHARTOUM CIVIL
(Haven't decided if I buy my next RTW ticket ex-KRT now or later)

Fare: CAD 2,386.00
CAD 175.26 YR Insurance / Fuel Charges
CAD 193.60 YQ Insurance / Fuel Charges
CAD 276.22 XT Combined Taxes
Sub-Total: CAD 3,031.08
+ CAD 84.75 (Gala Travels)
TOTAL : 3 170 USD (2 450€)

All this thanks to flyer talk (and then Naeem.)

Thank you for all your help, I hope this might help some in return.

About KRT:
Since I have a French Passport, I'm probably going to get a visa for Sudan (50€) even if I'm planning on staying less than 8 hours in KRT, just in case.

I'll post an update around 7-9 November with details on entry and departure at Khartoum.

Tristan

ps: Naeem's info : naeem [at] galatravels [dot] com / phone : 905.940.4646
Old Sep 26, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism

Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
That's the point of the link: A Spanish court ruled that practice illegal.
Love to see some FTer tests this ruling.

Originally Posted by 2old4coach
WOW! I guess if Sudan is politiclly too hot and you have already bought the ticket it may be worth a try…

You go first!
+1
Old Oct 8, 2012, 5:14 am

Deleted.

Last edited by ThomasBne; Apr 19, 2018 at 10:54 am
Old Oct 8, 2012, 5:26 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by johnyip
I am planning an AONE4 ex-KRT. I live in Australia and wanted to visit Europe and America. As QF to London now routes via DXB it appears I can book an AONE3 instead and save the US$840 off the fare basis. Have anyone got the oneworld.com booking engine to sucessfully price out such an itinerary? I'm getting this error: "Our lowest fares are not available for the destination and date requested."

I'm wondering if this is because of my creative routing:
KRT-AMM-LHR-SFO-LAX-ORD-JFK-LAX-SYD-PER-ADL-SYD-LHR-AMM-KRT

SYD-LHR is a single flight number transmitting in Dubai. I choose this because I want to fly Qantas as much as possible and also to maximise mileage earned.
Even with the move from SIN to DXB the direct will still be classed as a AONE4 per rule 2k under the current rules.

k. Travel between South West Pacific and Europe/Middle East on a single flight number/or by surface is considered travelling SWP-Asia-Europe through three continents
Indeed even when QF gets the air rights to enable a stopover in DXB, would still be a SWP-MidEast fare and thus be considered as travelling through Asia.

---

As for the Spanish court ruling....
might be applicable for an Iberia issued ticket, but tough for anything else
Old Oct 8, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by johnyip
Have anyone got the oneworld.com booking engine to sucessfully price out such an itinerary?
When the new QF schedules were loaded last week (SYD/MEL-DXB-LHR and return) I tried a simple itinerary in the booking tool - it was something like LHR-DXB-SYD-LAX-LHR (therefore 3 continents: Europe-SWP-Nth America)

And alas it priced as an xONE4
IMHO, now that there will be a non-stop SWP-Middle East flight, it's time to revisit this rule

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.