Search

AONE4 from Khartoum

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:32 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by pandaperth
Oh the nostalgia of seeing this thread resurrected
(I did an ex-KRT DONE4 in 2013, having purchased the ticket in Oct 2012 just before the fares went up)

I did not know of the new ruling. However the passport which has the Sudan stamps in it has since expired and been renewed. And for a totally unrelated reason I got my latest esta attached to another passport (I have triple nationality). Nowadays when allying for an esta you have to list all other passports you have, which I did.
I entered the US without trouble in January this year.
This "special treatment" has not yet come into effect. Apparently USA will soon be emailing the "bad" dual nationality prospective visitors that their ESTA authorisation is revoked later this month. Dealing with those who merely visited a "bad" country in the last few years will follow (date to be confirmed but won't be long).

Given airlines are required to send all PNR details to USA if anyone who is not US citizen had a recent(ish) round the world that included both USA and a "bad" country then US CBP will probably know about it. Whether they can successfully match to another (newer) passport is another question.

There is a discussion on this issue in the checkpoints & border policies forum.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Whether they can successfully match to another (newer) passport is another question.
Well the answer is "yes, they can" and to a passport of another nationality. I have just posted this in the other forum to which you provided a link:

Well yesterday (Feb 25) I got an email from cbp advising me that "There has been an update to your ESTA Travel Authorization Status"
Checking on-line, it seems my ESTA, which had nearly a year still to run, has now been cancelled - on "Check ESTA Status" I get taken to the "Retrieve Individual Application" and the response "Application Expired".

I don't intend visiting the US until later in the year, so I will have plenty of time to apply for a visa; but I do hope it is approved as I have a daughter and son-in-law there whom I like to visit regularly.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 11:06 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Well the answer is "yes, they can" and to a passport of another nationality. I have just posted this in the other forum to which you provided a link:
Ouch
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by pandaperth View Post
Well yesterday (Feb 25) I got an email from cbp advising me that "There has been an update to your ESTA Travel Authorization Status"
Checking on-line, it seems my ESTA, which had nearly a year still to run, has now been cancelled - on "Check ESTA Status" I get taken to the "Retrieve Individual Application" and the response "Application Expired".
Ugh, me too!
It's a rather ambiguous message which I first thought was no problem because it only says that the application had expired, which could mean because the esta was approved.
It would be much clearer if they said "your esta has been revoked and you no longer are authorised to enter the US under this programme".
I'm currently in the US and will now need to get a visa after I leave and before my next visit.
Bit of a nuisance but I still don't regret my jaunt to KRT to start my super-cheap AONE4!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.