Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AONE4 from Khartoum

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat
I got one booked online on Oct 30th but still not ticketed so it soundsl ike it's not looking good ....
Though expertflyer still shows the fares available on RJ and IB but nothing is coming up for CX BA AA QF
Is there any way to get it booked on IB ticket stock I wonder - I suspect not ....
As you say party over

Originally Posted by uproared
Just an FYI...

I had an ex-KRT itinerary setup and priced in CAD (~$4.5k), which was confirmed by a Canadian travel agent, however when they went to ticket it the following morning the price had gone up to ~$12.5k. The TA called AA, who said that they were no longer honoring those prices and that there would be no exceptions.

So if anybody manages to secure a RTW ex-KRT going forward, post here!
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:01 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Just an FYI...

I had an ex-KRT itinerary setup and priced in CAD (~$4.5k), which was confirmed by a Canadian travel agent, however when they went to ticket it the following morning the price had gone up to ~$12.5k. The TA called AA, who said that they were no longer honoring those prices and that there would be no exceptions.

Just in the last two hours, it seems all RTW fares have been removed from KRT. EF now says "no fares."

Ah well, I was really hoping to snag this one. I should have done it earlier.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Have just looked on EF and there are no fares coming up ex KRT for CX AA BA only on RJ and IB at the fares below
Looks like it's been pulled though odd that there is nothing in its place according to EF !!!

Well, EF still has the same fare:

Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Fare Information Search:

Departing KRT on 11/01/12 for KRT
Flying AA  
Viewing in currency USD
Validated Results

Fare Basis  Airline  Booking  Trip Type   Fare           Cabin  Effective  Expiration  Min/Max  Advanced
                     Class                                      Date       Date        Stay     Purchase Req
DONE3       AA       D        Round-Trip  2877.00 (USD)  B                             10 / 12M 
DGLOB34     AA       D        Round-Trip  3330.00 (USD)  B                             10 / 12M 
DONE4       AA       D        Round-Trip  3330.00 (USD)  B                             10 / 12M 
DONE5       AA       D        Round-Trip  3918.00 (USD)  B                             10 / 12M 
AONE3       AA       A        Round-Trip  4032.00 (USD)  F                             10 / 12M 
DONE6       AA       D        Round-Trip  4439.00 (USD)  B                             10 / 12M 
AGLOB34     AA       A        Round-Trip  4621.00 (USD)  F                             10 / 12M 
AONE4       AA       A        Round-Trip  4621.00 (USD)  F                             10 / 12M 
AONE5       AA       A        Round-Trip  5413.00 (USD)  F                             10 / 12M 
AONE6       AA       A        Round-Trip  6002.00 (USD)  F                             10 / 12M
[/QUOTE]
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by pianoperson
I got one booked online on Oct 30th but still not ticketed so it soundsl ike it's not looking good ....
Though expertflyer still shows the fares available on RJ and IB but nothing is coming up for CX BA AA QF
Is there any way to get it booked on IB ticket stock I wonder - I suspect not ....
As you say party over
Can't believe how close I came, it was literally a matter of hours re: ticketing!

What's the status of your online booking? (on the AA my booking page)
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Well initially it was CONFIRMED then it went to ON REQUEST

I've checked on checkmytrip and Qantas and BA using manage my booking and they show some flights confirmed but no sign of the others ....

I emailed web support and they said that it would take up to 72 hours to ticket and that would be within the next 6 hours or so ....

I'll keep you posted if you want but really am not expecting it to be ticketed as in the past it has happened on AA within 24 usually.

So it will be back to AMM for me I think .... though it's nothing like the bargain of course BUT it is a lot less potential hassle !

Can't believe how close I came, it was literally a matter of hours re: ticketing!

What's the status of your online booking? (on the AA my booking page)
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by pianoperson
Well initially it was CONFIRMED then it went to ON REQUEST

I've checked on checkmytrip and Qantas and BA using manage my booking and they show some flights confirmed but no sign of the others ....

I emailed web support and they said that it would take up to 72 hours to ticket and that would be within the next 6 hours or so ....

I'll keep you posted if you want but really am not expecting it to be ticketed as in the past it has happened on AA within 24 usually.

So it will be back to AMM for me I think .... though it's nothing like the bargain of course BUT it is a lot less potential hassle !
I'd be keen to be kept in the loop, even if it's over PM.

I managed to make an online booking this morning, and it's currently resting on 'ticketed' status on AA.com, although I haven't received an e-ticket.

Quick question, how do you view on Qantas.com, checkmytrip, etc.? For some reason, the PNRs I get from AA only seem valid on AA.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:49 am
Original Poster

HI

I got view on the other sites by going to my AA reservations and on my BA flights going to select seats
I was then re-directed to BA and that came up with a different locator which works with checkmytrip and QF and RJ
OF course that will only help if you've a BA flight and are in F i think and therefore entitled to pre-select seat!
I'll keep you posted

I'd be keen to be kept in the loop, even if it's over PM.

I managed to make an online booking this morning, and it's currently resting on 'ticketed' status on AA.com, although I haven't received an e-ticket.

Quick question, how do you view on Qantas.com, checkmytrip, etc.? For some reason, the PNRs I get from AA only seem valid on AA.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:52 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Phone AA and ask for the Record Locators (which is what AA calls them) for the other airlines in the itinerary
(If you ticket through Gala Travels, it provides them all in its confirmatory e-mail)

If the ex-KRT fares are truely gone, then my commiserations to those who missed out
and my congratulations to those that got in on it

I'm in both camps!
Ticketed our two DONE4s on 18October
But had not pulled the trigger on the back-to-backs I was planning

(our current DONE4s have us returning to KRT at the end of August next year; was planning to start our next DONE4/5s then. But was not 100% sure of the start date and so was procrastinating)
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
It's over. Just got off the phone with the AA RTW desk. Called and asked for the ex-Sudan prices for AONE4,5 and 6. She asked me to wait a minute while she looked them up.

Then.... "WOW. They've gone up!!"

New prices:

AONE4: USD $15,443
AONE5: USD $17,590
AONE6: USD $20,614

Not including taxes, fuel surcharges, etc.

Also asked about Yemen; it has not gone up. Looks like this was targeted at Sudan.

And I had just established contact with Waleed. He was very nice. He's going to lose a lot of business.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
It's over. Just got off the phone with the AA RTW desk. Called and asked for the ex-Sudan prices for AONE4,5 and 6. She asked me to wait a minute while she looked them up.

Then.... "WOW. They've gone up!!"

New prices:

AONE4: USD $15,443
AONE5: USD $17,590
AONE6: USD $20,614

Not including taxes, fuel surcharges, etc.
OMG this is the worst news to get to know for today
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue (Patinum), BA executive (Gold), M&M (senator), Emirates Skywards (nobody)
Can confirm the that party is over...See below a note from Gala Travels:

Indeed, AA has picked up on the RTW fares via KRT that are really cheap and no longer offer those Prices anymore and will not allow any exceptions. I called American Airlines and
they are not being helpful at all. In fact, the rate desk was upset at us for having issued over 100 of these tickets
over the last couple of months :-) (as if it was our error).
In any case, I truly apologize that I cannot help you here and will not be able to process your ticket under the price that we had earlier.. The price that American Airlines is quoting right now is around CAD $20,000.00. Once again my apologies.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
If the one Canadian agent alone issued over 100 ex-KRT tickets in the past couple of months, that explains why it got someone's attention and was killed.

But I don't understand why they raised the price to a prohibitive level, rather than in-line with neighboring countries. Just to spite us?

Last edited by anabolism; Nov 2, 2012 at 10:04 am
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
The increase has also hit RUH also which was the second choice with AONE3 at around $ 7500 now it has gone up also to almost the same levels as KRT.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:23 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Looks like AONEX fares throughout the middle east have all been adjusted dramatically. Give it a few days for the dust to settle.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:57 am

Just an FYI...

A question might be whether it's the Canadian pricing rule that's no longer being honored, or whether the Sudanese price has gone up even for ticketing in-country. From previous posts I assume it's the latter.

The Sudanese will be disappointed in the disappearance of that business, in that each ticket included their fee in the USD500 range.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.